Player Discussion Cole Caufield - Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
4 goals in 10 games. On pace for over 20 in 56 games. Only Toffoli and Gallagher have scored at that pace.

But let's leave him in the stands. We need the extra player that's good defensively but can't do shit in the offensive zone.

Yup, and then we watch them loose with the shitty lineup.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
I just watched his post game interview. Judging by how he answered when asked if he thought he'd make the lineup for the playoffs it sounded to me like he had been told he'll be a scratch.

I don't want to get worked up over something that hasn't even happened yet, but Caufield (and Kotkaniemi) 100% need to play in game 1 of these playoffs.

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
4 goals in 10 games. On pace for over 20 in 56 games. Only Toffoli and Gallagher have scored at that pace.

But let's leave him in the stands. We need the extra player that's good defensively but can't do shit in the offensive zone.

Very small sample size but on pace for 32.8 goals to be exact and he had so many other glorious chances it could have easily been 6 or 7 goals.

He will play. Were not that stupid.

Reactions: azcanuck

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Of all the dumb shit this organization has done, sitting Caufield for the playoffs might be the dumbest of all. And we've seen the org do plenty of dumb shit lol. I wont believe it til I see it, it's just too dumb to not play him

Got to invest in our upcoming UFAs. Their development is of upmost importance.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Matthew McConaughay

May 3, 2013
Of all the dumb shit this organization has done, sitting Caufield for the playoffs might be the dumbest of all. And we've seen the org do plenty of dumb shit lol. I wont believe it til I see it, it's just too dumb to not play him
With Toffoli, Caufield is our best sniper.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az

two of his goals were on 3-3 which you wont see in the playoffs.
his other two goals? One was a late game PP in a game that the Leafs were up 5-0 and the other in a exhibition game against the Oilers.
I like the kid but watching him in his D zone I understand the decision.
That being said the experience would be great for him and with the crap team we have I want to see it.

Reactions: salbutera

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
his other two goals? One was a late game PP in a game that the Leafs were up 5-0 and the other in a exhibition game against the Oilers.
That being said the experience would be great for him and with the crap team we have I want to see it.

I wished other players would score those useless goals...

A goal is a goal. Let's take away 3-on-3 goals for McDavid and Matthews or anyone else.

The sample size is too small, but discrediting goals is not a way to look at it. How many goals do other Habs players have? They're all playing the same game in the same team. Someone's got to score.

Reactions: neopreneur

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Has the decision been announced?

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
you take away 3 on 3 goals and habs dont play the leafs, as they would be 2nd or 3rd in division

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
I wished other players would score those useless goals...

A goal is a goal. Let's take away 3-on-3 goals for McDavid and Matthews or anyone else.

The sample size is too small, but discrediting goals is not a way to look at it. How many goals do other Habs players have? They're all playing the same game in the same team. Someone's got to score.
All true except they dont play three on three in the playoffs. Cole is the type of little flashy player who thrives in 3 on 3. All credit to him.

Geecko

Aug 21, 2012
What I also like is that Caufield, and Suzuki, have shown the ability to put their teams on their backs during playoffs at lower levels. You cannot sit Caufield, especially since they play so well together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad