Player Discussion Cole Caufield - Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supersonic

May 27, 2013
Ontario
What ? I really don't remember that at all. Rather, I think the majority were psyched?!?

there were a handful of people going against the grain, but for the most part you’re right

they mostly showed up when Caufield didn’t tear the WJC apart

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
there were a handful of people going against the grain, but for the most part you’re right

they mostly showed up when Caufield didn’t tear the WJC apart

I have no troubles admitting I had my doubts 1 year after the draft. There's no question Caufield underachieved a little bit the year after his draft and in the WJC. But he more than made up for it this season.

but yeah at the time of the draft I think the majority were happy including me.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
I'd scratch Perry and Staal. Yeah I know Perry is loved on here but I'd rather have the BEL line and keep Perry as an option if we need his "talents".

Staal can go play for the Leafs for all I care.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
I openly admit I was concerned with the kids size - and I was wrong. He was a great pick and has a bright future.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
IMO you sit Byron

If you sit Byron who else is gonna defend the Matthews/Marner/McDavid's of the world? We're gonna need to roll w/ 2 solid shutdown lines in the playoffs, 1 is Lehkonen-Evans-Byron and the other is Tatar (yuk) - Danault - Gally. Give the other 2 lines (Suzuki/KK) o-zone time.

Reactions: Canadienna

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I have no troubles admitting I had my doubts 1 year after the draft. There's no question Caufield underachieved a little bit the year after his draft and in the WJC. But he more than made up for it this season.

but yeah at the time of the draft I think the majority were happy including me.

I wouldn't say he underachieved. He had some things he had to iron out but ultimately didn't he lead the Big 10 in goals? It's really just the WJCs and a few games at the beginning of this year but even then his line up was decimated and he was still putting up points. People refuse to learn the WJC lesson for whatever reason.

Reactions: dralaf and montreal

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Unfortunate that after the first few games, we haven't really been able to see Caufield in action at 5v4 since we barely got powerplays and in the ones we got we had a lot of difficulties setting up in the o-zone.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Unfortunate that after the first few games, we haven't really been able to see Caufield in action at 5v4 since we barely got powerplays and in the ones we got we had a lot of difficulties setting up in the o-zone.

Yet in the little I saw if him, he was getting chances. It reminded me of Toffoli. Even at the start of the year, when he wasn't scoring and Anderson was, Toffoli was getting a ton of chances. That's a good sign.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
If you keep bringing in player with experience, how are your young player supposed to get experience...
CC need to be in the line up you brought him up he performed.
Stall has been very avg he isn’t making the difference between winning and losing.
Might as well get the experience to player that are part of your futur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->