Prospect Info: Cole Caufield (Part 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
He would have to play over 25 games to keep his calder eligibility, no? So matter when he starts playing, he keeps it...

EDIT : I also couldn't care less about his calder eligibility as long as he scores goals and makes us a better team.
You might not care, but maybe Caufield does???

and it’s 10 games this year apparently

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
This is why it’s tough for the Habs to recall Caufield unless there was an injury. I had posted this in the pre-game thread also.

From the CBA:

Following the conclusion of the Regular Season, no Player may be Recalled from Loan to a club of any league affiliated with the NHL, except that:

(i) a Club may exercise an unlimited number of additional regular Recalls, provided that it may have no more than three (3) Players on its Active Roster who were Recalled by way of regular Recall after the Trade Deadline. However, if a Club has Recalled four (4) Players pursuant to Section 13.12(l) above, such Club will instead be permitted to retain those four (4) Players on its Active Roster following the conclusion of the Regular Season.

The Habs have already used their 3 post deadline recalls, if they use their 4th on Caufield they lose their ability to have an unlimited number of additional regular Recalls in the playoffs.

They really f***ed up at the deadline calling up Leskinen and Ouellet.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
no one else on the roster can shoot like that
Toffoli, Anderson and Petry can(all right shots) and it is no coincidence that they have carried the team this year. Shooting is an art that surprisingly many NHL players are not great at. Don't get me wrong, they are all good at this level but the great ones are rare. One other thing that helps Caufield is the fact that he is a right-handed shot, it is harder for goalies, most of whom are right-handed to square themselves to the shot.

Most try and lure players to go glove side and for a left handed shooter the tendency is to go there but righties are looking at the blocker when in stride and have the goalie guessing more because they are more accustomed to defending against left shot players. Left shot players tend to be better set up players and righties tend to win scoring championships.

Last edited:

LastRide

Feb 18, 2008
They need to either play him or send him back to Laval. To bad they wasted a way a couple call ups.

Last edited:

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Not only that but his ability to change angles and find different launch points is insane. He's got amazing shooting mechanics.
Exactly. Very Matthews-like, but Caufield seems to get it off even quicker.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
I really hope that they will do what DJ Smith is doing with Pinto and give him some good linemates.

Lehkonen-Kotkaniemi-Caufield

Ang when Gally is back from injury and goes back with Danault and Tatar put Anderson with KK and CC.

Reactions: Naslund
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad