Prospect Info: Cole Caufield (Part 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Suit him up already he needs to play. What's the point of having one of the best young player in the world and making him sit in the stands?
There isn’t enough cap space to fit him in using the last recall at this instant

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
How does that work with the cap and the call ups?

Why Saturday?
They are letting Primeau play Friday, then on Saturday they will send him down again to be replaced by Lindgren (who will just ride the bench). After that we will have money to bring in Caufield plus we will maintain his Calder eligibility.

Reactions: ItzaGreat

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Why fly Lindgren back and not Caulfield? He could've played both Laval games, then they bring him back on Sunday. If there's an injury this weekend, go with 7 D for a game! Just stupid to have him sit (I'm still on the fence about him playing now in the NHL though) by now, I mean this season

Or at least if we want to keep him fresh for the condensed final stretch have him play two of Laval's three games in four nights...

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
Why fly Lindgren back and not Caulfield? He could've played both Laval games, then they bring him back on Sunday. If there's an injury this weekend, go with 7 D for a game! Just stupid to have him sit (I'm still on the fence about him playing now in the NHL though) by now, I mean this season

It's probably cause there may be some forwards banged up and they're not sure if they would aggravate their injury during the trip west. Hence why they brought him with them. It's clear they want him to play. They're just waiting for the right time.

Doesn't mean I agree with that. Just saying maybe that's the reasoning.

Jul 6, 2016
Why is Caufield not playing hockey... They don't want to rush him to the NHL but he watches the games in the stand while his AHL team play 3 in 4.

This is stupid.

It looks like it. But I heard it is very possible they might use him in a NHL game as soon as this weekned. (???) So, he would be already quite comfortable with his new team mates.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Caufield will debut next week. Will have some solid practice time with the team under his belt by then. He will be a huge addition heading into the playoff push, and still maintain his Calder eligibility.

Everyone breathe and relax.

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018
Caufield will debut next week. Will have some solid practice time with the team under his belt by then. He will be a huge addition heading into the playoff push, and still maintain his Calder eligibility.

He would have to play over 25 games to keep his calder eligibility, no? So matter when he starts playing, he keeps it...

EDIT : I also couldn't care less about his calder eligibility as long as he scores goals and makes us a better team.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Because playing 1 or 2 games in the AHL isn't going to do anything for Caufield's career.

It's just pointless travel.

Reactions: dralaf and Sagikev

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Who do you have Cole and Gally pushing out of the current top 12?

CAUFIELD

Oct 16, 2015
Gally is out. We have a spot at RW. Caufield is travelling with the team. Why not dress him? Who cares if it’s the last recall; He will automatically be our best player on the PP.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012

Who do you have Cole and Gally pushing out of the current top 12?

Gally is out. We have a spot at RW. Caufield is travelling with the team. Why not dress him? Who cares if it’s the last recall; He will automatically be our best player on the PP.

This is why it’s tough for the Habs to recall Caufield unless there was an injury. I had posted this in the pre-game thread also.

From the CBA:

Following the conclusion of the Regular Season, no Player may be Recalled from Loan to a club of any league affiliated with the NHL, except that:

(i) a Club may exercise an unlimited number of additional regular Recalls, provided that it may have no more than three (3) Players on its Active Roster who were Recalled by way of regular Recall after the Trade Deadline. However, if a Club has Recalled four (4) Players pursuant to Section 13.12(l) above, such Club will instead be permitted to retain those four (4) Players on its Active Roster following the conclusion of the Regular Season.

The Habs have already used their 3 post deadline recalls, if they use their 4th on Caufield they lose their ability to have an unlimited number of additional regular Recalls in the playoffs.

CAUFIELD

Oct 16, 2015
This is why it’s tough for the Habs to recall Caufield unless there was an injury. I had posted this in the pre-game thread also.

From the CBA:

Following the conclusion of the Regular Season, no Player may be Recalled from Loan to a club of any league affiliated with the NHL, except that:

(i) a Club may exercise an unlimited number of additional regular Recalls, provided that it may have no more than three (3) Players on its Active Roster who were Recalled by way of regular Recall after the Trade Deadline. However, if a Club has Recalled four (4) Players pursuant to Section 13.12(l) above, such Club will instead be permitted to retain those four (4) Players on its Active Roster following the conclusion of the Regular Season.

The Habs have already used their 3 post deadline recalls, if they use their 4th on Caufield they lose their ability to have an unlimited number of additional regular Recalls in the playoffs.
Then send him
Back to Laval to play games at least ?

Reactions: 26Mats

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
He would have to play over 25 games to keep his calder eligibility, no? So matter when he starts playing, he keeps it...

EDIT : I also couldn't care less about his calder eligibility as long as he scores goals and makes us a better team.
Bonuses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad