Prospect Info: Cole Caufield (Part 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Is that all he’s doing??

I was under the impression he was practicing with the big club developing chemistry with some of his new mates and learning from some savvy vets.....my mistake

also getting in the coaching staff's good books. Hard to tell for sure, but his hands in practice still look really fast even at the NHL level.

Reactions: jaffy27

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
I saw his father/mother during draft day on tv show lol. Dont have too much expectation hahah. They are both tiny

lol reminds me of my whl tryout for Saskatoon blades at 15 in 2002 I was just over 5’9 and already had been for 3 years. When they cut me (and as they should have) they said yaaaaaa we met your parents, between that and your 5 o’clock shadow I’d say your done growing lol. Dad 5’8 mom 5’1. Probably lucky to be almost 5’10 lol

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
lol reminds me of my whl tryout for Saskatoon blades at 15 in 2002 I was just over 5’9 and already had been for 3 years. When they cut me (and as they should have) they said yaaaaaa we met your parents, between that and your 5 o’clock shadow I’d say your done growing lol. Dad 5’8 mom 5’1. Probably lucky to be almost 5’10 lol
Grats on making it to such high level even if at an early age. Not many of us could say the same!

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
Grats on making it to such high level even if at an early age. Not many of us could say the same!

Lol was good for a couple years cause I was full grown at 12, everyone caught up quickly lol. Cool story tho especially being a sasky kid. I’m the same age as Carey Price, and we played them twice for the gold in summer hockey tournaments aged 12 m. 1-1, lucky enough to score being tripped on a breakaway on Price lol. Wrist hit the post and I broke it after it went five hole. Ruined golf all summer I was choked lol. Funny tho we all knew he was great then. Best goalie I’ve ever seen by far at that level. was crazy to watch

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
Lol was good for a couple years cause I was full grown at 12, everyone caught up quickly lol. Cool story tho especially being a sasky kid. I’m the same age as Carey Price, and we played them twice for the gold in summer hockey tournaments aged 12 m. 1-1, lucky enough to score being tripped on a breakaway on Price lol. Wrist hit the post and I broke it after it went five hole. Ruined golf all summer I was choked lol. Funny tho we all knew he was great then. Best goalie I’ve ever seen by far at that level. was crazy to watch
Really great story. Scoring on him and meeting players like that must be an amazing feeling all these years later. Fun stories to tell your children/grandchildren if you ever go that route!

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
Really great story. Scoring on him and meeting players like that must be an amazing feeling all these years later. Fun stories to tell your children/grandchildren if you ever go that route!
Yep 8 year old son, penguins fan tho!! I’ll change him yet. I still play contact senior there are some incredible hockey players in my league. This year we got bud Holloway who played one game for the Habs 5 or so years ago. Had the Swedish elite league scoring record I believe. Played against long time nhl fighter Jeff odgers for many years. What a warrior fought all those years in the NHl and he did the same thing in senior lol, but scored a few more goals. He only stopped playing a couple years ago. Also played against pat falloon in senior. I never made it anywhere but am glad I decided to continue playing senior hockey after high school. It’s been the time of my life. At my age it’s almost over but what a time.

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
Yep 8 year old son, penguins fan tho!! I’ll change him yet. I still play contact senior there are some incredible hockey players in my league. This year we got bud Holloway who played one game for the Habs 5 or so years ago. Had the Swedish elite league scoring record I believe. Played against long time nhl fighter Jeff odgers for many years. What a warrior fought all those years in the NHl and he did the same thing in senior lol, but scored a few more goals. He only stopped playing a couple years ago. Also played against pat falloon in senior. I never made it anywhere but am glad I decided to continue playing senior hockey after high school. It’s been the time of my life. At my age it’s almost over but what a time.
Seems like a great lifestyle for having fun and staying in shape. Fun to hear about some of our board posters stories, thanks for sharing. Adds to our great community we have!

Reactions: Gyfu and Dondini

MON4NHLTOR4MLB

Oct 3, 2019
Just curious but has any of his teammates said anything about him or his shot yet? I remember Allen talking about KK’s shot, anything like yet?

McGuires Corndog

Marc Bergevin juju exorcist
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
He's tiny. But the puck goes in just the same.

tenor.gif

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Guest here. Any news about his NHL debut?
When is that due?

I feel like he will get a game but they don't have anything set yet. Right now, they are getting him in practice to understand the systems.

I'd play him against the Leafs on the 28th but he did make the trip with the team out west so maybe he gets a game against the Flames. 3 games in 4 nights.

Reactions: Artorius Horus T

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
What center is mature enough to shelter Caufield at 5/5 in the physicality department? Danault :facepalm:.

When he gets a game (only a matter a time), I'm very curious to see where they insert him and what center he plays with

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
What center is mature enough to shelter Caufield at 5/5 in the physicality department? Danault :facepalm:.

When he gets a game (only a matter a time), I'm very curious to see where they insert him and what center he plays with
On a line with Perry, with Chiarot on the back. If anybody touches Caufield, he ll get a message ;)

Reactions: Habs Halifax
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->