Prospect Info: Cole Caufield (Part 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Its like... basically worst case scenario...

NOT playing the AHL games...and being "called up" and NOT playing the NHL games...

basically stuck in limbo.. only WE could of pulled this off, its incredible... only the habs, only bergevin could mess this up

How can this actually be possible lol, its bewildering... at least have him play the AHL games and theyre arent even doing THAT... wow.

All part of Da Plan...it's only 9 years in the making; another 15 or so and we'll be on The Path...

Reactions: Redux91

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
If he is still up and he's not being sent back to the AHL to play these games, perhaps they feel he's ready to play in the NHL but want him to practice a bit more with the team before throwing him into the lineup.

If he ends up getting sent down in a week or so without getting to play a NHL game then it makes zero sense.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal

NOT playing the AHL games...and being "called up" and NOT playing the NHL games...

basically stuck in limbo.. only WE could of pulled this off, its incredible... only the habs, only bergevin could mess this up

How can this actually be possible lol, its bewildering... at least have him play the AHL games and theyre arent even doing THAT... wow.

Someone in the media needs to put these idiots on blast, immediately.

It’s unbelievably incompetent management. A teenager managing a Dairy Queen could make a better decision.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019

According to him, if we send down primeau and call up Lindgren to the main club, we have enough cap space to call up Caufield

He also makes a good point Caufield would’ve been returned to Laval in the private jet that brought Lindgren to Edm if Habs didn’t have plans to play him

Reactions: DramaticGloveSave

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Do you trust Da Plan??...serious question; I don't...
Yes - John Sedgwick was one of the founding fathers of the NHL salary cap structure, Habs poached him from NHL HQ shortly after MB was named GM. Everyone makes mistakes, but the reason to go after the best is to bring probability to your side / minimize mistakes and if made try to find quick corrective actions to mitigate

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Can we make an apologize to MB thread for all the board doofuses who have spent the last two days freaking out?

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012

I'm with you man, so f***ing what if there's only a call up left? We aren't scoring f***ing goals, he's the only potential call up that can do that, USE IT, this is driving me crazy!!!!!

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Ya this has nothing with what the poster said lol

Classic straw man.

...absolutely has everything to do with the situation...why apologize to Bargain Bin for creating a problem where he can't play Caufield in the NHL and also keep him from playing in the AHL...so what's the plan; leave him in the press box when he should be playing??...if the plan is playing him in the NHL, why send Lindgren back instead of Primeau, thus NOT creating the cap space required to play Caufield??...if the plan isn't to play him in the NHL right now, why is he still with the Habs instead of Laval??...all on Bargain Bin...so what would anyone be apologizing for, exactly??...mediocrity...

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I'm with you man, so f***ing what if there's only a call up left? We aren't scoring f***ing goals, he's the only potential call up that can do that, USE IT, this is driving me crazy!!!!!

No, better to wait until it’s too late...

If there so happens to be an injury, you dress 7 defenders. Who cares. In fact I’m sure Gustafsson could play as a 4th line winger if the team was really in a pinch.

Reactions: SpeedyPotato

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I know we all want to see him, but keep in mind he’s practicing with the team every day and learning the intricities of the system both 5on5 and on the PP. They are ensuring he’s going to be ready to step in and contribute and in a position to succeed. You guys always talk about patience with prospects and not rushing guys...

Reactions: dralaf

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I know we all want to see him, but keep in mind he’s practicing with the team every day and learning the intricities of the system both 5on5 and on the PP. They are ensuring he’s going to be ready to step in and contribute and in a position to succeed. You guys always talk about patience with prospects and not rushing guys...

So send him to the AHL to play some f***ing games, this isn’t rocket science.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad