Prospect Info: Cole Caufield (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
You are talking about 2 different ideas now. Of course it is his best asset, this was never argued. You said his shot would be tops in the NHL, but that's just silly and untrue.

Suzuki has a hell of a shot and tatar as well...and you know what....Caufield's shot is better.

His wrist shot and his slap shot on reception are unbelievable.

His release is lot faster also than Suzuki too

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
You are talking about 2 different ideas now. Of course it is his best asset, this was never argued. You said his shot would be tops in the NHL, but that's just silly and untrue.
Well, what I said was that his shot would be one of the best in the NHL and I see no reason to doubt that being true, but we will have to wait and see of course! It is the reason he was drafted, after all.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
He has a wicked shot, let's wait to see it in the NHL though.
He has a better shot than 95% of NHLers right now. It’s silly how hard, quick and accurate it is. It’s even better than it was last year and it was a killer then.

Im more interested to see how his new and improved game and stick handling will look in the NHL. He looks like a man possessed out there and it looks way too easy against men. How it translates in the NHL will be cool to see.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
He has a better shot than 95% of NHLers right now. It’s silly how hard, quick and accurate it is. It’s even better than it was last year and it was a killer then.

Im more interested to see how his new and improved game and stick handling will look in the NHL. He looks like a man possessed out there and it looks way too easy against men. How it translates in the NHL will be cool to see.

Ya I'd gladly take a bet against that. He's got the size of a 14 yo boy.
Wicked release, but it always looks way better playing against weaker goalies who are slow to react.
It's not a knock on him, as I said, he's got a sick shot.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Suzuki has a hell of a shot and tatar as well...and you know what....Caufield's shot is better.

His wrist shot and his slap shot on reception are unbelievable.

His release is lot faster also than Suzuki too
Lol

Reactions: Chr1s97

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Ya I'd gladly take a bet against that. He's got the size of a 14 yo boy.
Wicked release, but it always looks way better playing against weaker goalies who are slow to react.
It's not a knock on him, as I said, he's got a sick shot.
I don’t get what you’re saying. He has a sick shot but not good enough for the NHL? Am I getting that right?

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
So Suzuki has a better shot than Caufield?
Loll

Of course he does. Am I missing an inside joke here? I mean comparing an NCAA player to an NHL budding star in Suzuki and his history in the CHL and rookie year? Seriously?

Reactions: Chr1s97

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Of course he does. Am I missing an inside joke here? I mean comparing an NCAA player to an NHL budding star in Suzuki and his history in the CHL and rookie year? Seriously?
Suzuki’s shot is literally nowhere near close to being as good as Caulfields. Like is this some bizzaro universe?? Has anyone actually seen Caufield shoot a puck? It’s an insane shot. He’d have one of the best shots in the NHL TODAY. It’s the rest of his game and physical maturity that needs to develop. His shot, already lethal.

I can’t even...

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
Suzuki’s shot is literally nowhere near close to being as good as Caulfields. Like is this some bizzaro universe?? Has anyone actually seen Caufield shoot a puck? It’s an insane shot. He’d have one of the best shots in the NHL TODAY. It’s the rest of his game and physical maturity that needs to develop. His shot, already lethal.

I can’t even...

You mean that deadly shot that took a game against an awful goalie to breakout? Listen, I like Cole, he's one of my favorite prospects, but stop putting his shot on a level above Suzuki at this point, because it isn't. Suzuki tore up the CHL then used that shot to have an amazing rookie season.

Suzuki's wrister is deadly accurate, hard and on point. Do you need a reminder of just how good of a shot Suzuki has? Oh and when Cole is sniping those rocket passes from the slot like Tatar can, I'll be right behind you talking our boy up. Until then, it's college hockey.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017

Lolll

I remember the same discussions 25 years ago when I said that Éric Lindros (18years old) at the time in Juniors was stronger than 50% nhl players...

And you know what...Lindros was a lot stronger than the vast majority of Nhl players

And you know what
..a 17 years old Sidney Crosby in Rimouski was a lot better than 80% nhl players.

And yes Cole Caufield at 19 years old has a lot better shot than a vast majority of Nhl players.

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
Lolll

I remember the same discussions 25 years ago when I said that Éric Lindros (18years old) at the time in Juniors was stronger than 50% nhl players...

And you know what...Lindros was a lot stronger than the vast majority of Nhl players

And you know what
..a 17 years old Sidney Crosby in Rimouski was a lot better than 80% nhl players.

And yes Cole Caufield at 19 years old has a lot better shot than a vast majority of Nhl players.

I hate to break it to you but Cole is 5'7 not 6'4 240 like Lindros. Crosby is not small either, and was a phenom by the age of 12. He and Nick are both around 5'11. Nobody doubted Lindros or Crosby was going to be a star, not a single person.

I won't change your mind, so keep on believing what you will. Its a pandemic, its a discussion, don't get your Kirklands in a knot.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
I hate to break it to you but Cole is 5'7 not 6'4 240 like Lindros. Crosby is not small either, and was a phenom by the age of 12. Nobody doubted Lindros or Crosby was going to be a star, not a single person.

I won't change your mind, so keep on believing what you will. Its a pandemic, its a discussion, don't get your Kirklands in a knot.

Do we talk about the fact that Caufield will be a star or not?? No

We are.just saying that his shot is better that the vast majority of nhl players.

It is just a fact....

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
Do we talk about the fact that Caufield will be a star or not?? No

We are.just saying that his shot is better that the vast majority of nhl players.

It is just a fact....

Yet it isn't a fact, it's just your opinion. It's ok to have this opinion, I just disagree with it because I've seen enough jr hockey in my life to recognize a 'generational' shot that you speak of. He has a very nice shot, time will tell if it's NHL calibre.

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
Yet it isn't a fact, it's just your opinion. It's ok to have this opinion, I just disagree with it because I've seen enough jr hockey in my life to recognize a 'generational' shot that you speak of. He has a very nice shot, time will tell if it's NHL calibre.
Uhhhh... What?? People argue themselves into lunacy on this site. His shot is already NHL caliber man, common.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Get out.

Alex DeBrincat commente les comparaisons avec Cole Caufield!

Even Debrincat himself believe that Caufield has a better shot than him. Not a bad take from a 40 goal scorer at the NHL.

I mean if Caufield fail at the NHL it won't be because of his shot.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
You mean that deadly shot that took a game against an awful goalie to breakout? Listen, I like Cole, he's one of my favorite prospects, but stop putting his shot on a level above Suzuki at this point, because it isn't. Suzuki tore up the CHL then used that shot to have an amazing rookie season.

Suzuki's wrister is deadly accurate, hard and on point. Do you need a reminder of just how good of a shot Suzuki has? Oh and when Cole is sniping those rocket passes from the slot like Tatar can, I'll be right behind you talking our boy up. Until then, it's college hockey.

That you believe Suzuki has a better shot than Caufield tells me all I need to know about your knowledge of hockey.

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
guys relax.. both are habs prospects..

my 2 cents tough. ^_^

Suzuki is a very sneaky player his shot is very dangerous but he's VERY deceptive on his body positioning.. he does it in purpose to put the goalie in doubt on top of it its extremely accurate shot. but goalies dont know if he will actually shoot or pass most of the time thats allows his already amazing and accurate shot to look even nicer.

Caufield.. His shots can come at any moment including while skating at full speed his shots comes out very fast and has legendary accuracy he can put it top corner from virtually any angle.. including his famous impossible top corner goal from behind the goalie line. Caufield is sneaky.. but not because he always tries to be deceptive on his body positioning like Suzuki its just his shots come so fast in a blink of an eye..

Advantage Caufield for pure shooting.

But Suzuki has SO many other things to his advantage intelligence being the key one there is reasons why he was voted as such in the OHL for 2 or 3 years in a row. which could allow him to continue a steady rise in performance over the years.. we'll see.

BOTH are exciting prospects to follow thats for sure with 2 differents different ELITE skills Supreme Smartness and deceptive (Suzuki) Supreme Shot speed and Accuracy (Caufield).

have a great day guys and gals.

Last edited:

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
guys relax.. both are habs prospects..

my 2 cents tough. ^_^

Suzuki is a very sneaky player his shot is very dangerous but he's VERY deceptive on his body positioning.. he does it in purpose to put the goalie in doubt on top of it its extremely accurate shot. but goalies dont know if he will actually shoot or pass most of the time thats allows his already amazing and accurate shot to look even nicer.

Caufield.. His shots can come at any moment including while skating at full speed his shots comes out very fast and has legendary accuracy he can put it top corner from virtually any angle.. including his famous impossible top corner goal from behind the goalie line. Caufield is sneaky.. but not because he always tries to be deceptive on his body positioning like Suzuki its just his shots come so fast in a blink of an eye..

Advantage Caufield for pure shooting.

But Suzuki has SO many other things to his advantage intelligence being the key one there is reasons why he was voted as such in the OHL for 2 or 3 years in a row. which could allow him to continue a steady rise in performance over the years.. we'll see.

BOTH are exciting prospects to follow thats for sure with 2 differents different ELITE skills Supreme Smartness and deceptive (Suzuki) Supreme Shot speed and Accuracy (Caufield).

have a great day guys and gals.
You’re absolutely correct. But shot for shot, it’s not even close. There’s a reason Caufield destroyed the USHL goal scoring record and its not because if his size.

All-Time NTDP Record Book

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He has a wicked shot, let's wait to see it in the NHL though.

Agreed. I wanna see how Caufield does at the WJC in a top line role this time around too. Lets look at how he handles small spaces and work along the walls. Not worried about his PP skills when he has more time and space. Kid has game in that area.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Agreed. I wanna see how Caufield does at the WJC in a top line role this time around too. Lets look at how he handles small spaces and work along the walls. Not worried about his PP skills when he has more time and space. Kid has game in that area.
Meh, I don't put any weight on that, we've seen it way too many times. Good WJC tournament doesn't necessarily translate to anything, or vice versa.
I want to see how he does versus men, that's the real test.

Reactions: Vachon23
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad