Prospect Info: Cole Caufield (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

goforit

Apr 14, 2010
Montreal
Bergevin will trade Caufield. He's as good as gone. MB won't be able to resist with his "make da playoff, anyting can appen" strategy. Could be in a package for Taylor Hall, could be for something worse, but it will happen. MB is like a kid at the fair with a $20 in his pocket right now.

P. S., I called MB trading Sergachev too.

Thank you for your input sir. Much appreciated.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Bergevin has been in danger for several years now and has stuck to his guns. What's very interesting is he started to trend much better when Dudley left and Timmins was named assistant GM.

Does that coincides with the end of the 207-2018 season? I feel like there was a big change in asset management after that disastrous season and after Molson reiterated his trust in Bergevin. I did not follow enough to know if there was more managerial movement but since then I don't think he's traded a single pick away and instead accumulated picks?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Does that coincides with the end of the 207-2018 season? I feel like there was a big change in asset management after that disastrous season and after Molson reiterated his trust in Bergevin. I did not follow enough to know if there was more managerial movement but since then I don't think he's traded a single pick away and instead accumulated picks?

Yes, Dudley left for the Canes in May of 2018. I think Timmins is helping out Bergevin a lot and maybe Molson forced him too. Who knows. All I know is the timing fits.... Bergevin started to trend much better after Dudley left.

Look at this video on draft day... Bergevin asking Timmins his opinion a lot! Other fans have noticed this as well.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Yes, Dudley left for the Canes in May of 2018. I think Timmins is helping out Bergevin a lot and maybe Molson forced him too. Who knows. All I know is the timing fits.... Bergevin started to trend much better after Dudley left.

Look at this video on draft day... Bergevin asking Timmins his opinion a lot! Other fans have noticed this as well.

Truuuue, it was also weird that Molson gave the impression a new GM was in town with "a new plan", like MB was not even there the couple years prior.

I'm just here wanting to accumulate draft picks so we can have a rotating wheel of kids to try in Laval and Montreal and create a cycle of assets coming in and out of the teams continuously.

snakeye

Jun 24, 2007
Montreal

It's the draft. He'd be stupid not to. And Bergevin has said that he wants to be the one to make decisions, but listens to everyone around him.

Reactions: dralaf

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
Just above 1 PPG and the only player with a minus +/- in the top 40 NCAA scorers.

But then again, I have no idea what rookies usually produce in the NCAA.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Caufield is far from being untouchable. It always depends on who's being offered right? I'd trade him for the right piece with no remorse and Bergevin would do so as well if it meant keeping his job. I have to wonder if he didn't already try those scenarios.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Ok bergevin will never trade Caufield, he got a diamond in the rough and the last thing he will do is trade the future to save his job. You might not like the guy but you have to give him credit that he never traded a young prospect for a rental.
He has stated over and over that he's not mortgaging the future for his job security. He said last year he was offered a prominent player at the deadline for the number one pick. He hung on to it and look at what it got him.
There has been no panic trades, besides he wins most of his trade.
They just need to stay the course and if one thing needs to change it's to have more patience with our good prospects.
Look at Fluery. One full year in the AHL and he is slowly coming along looking so solid out there.

Reactions: Maitz and dralaf

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Just above 1 PPG and the only player with a minus +/- in the top 40 NCAA scorers.

But then again, I have no idea what rookies usually produce in the NCAA.

He's having the best 18 year old season in the NCAA I can remember a Hab prospect having outside of Primeau as it's hard to compare forwards and goalies but what Primeau did was just insane. What Caufield is doing is great.

He currently leads the NCAA in points for U-19 players,

Elite Prospects - NCAA Stats 2019-2020

If Montreal trade Caufield i’m no longer a Habs fan. I haven’t been exited a prospect in foreve. He’s a can’t miss prospect to me.

If it gets us Lafreniere (in a package deal) then it would be hard to be upset.

Reactions: dralaf

phillytennis

Mar 4, 2012
Bergevin will trade Caufield. He's as good as gone. MB won't be able to resist with his "make da playoff, anyting can appen" strategy. Could be in a package for Taylor Hall, could be for something worse, but it will happen. MB is like a kid at the fair with a $20 in his pocket right now.

P. S., I called MB trading Sergachev too.

Sergachev is a great skater, but at times makes bonehead decisions on the ice.... lacks natural hockey instincts.
Caufield is small, great skater, hard to knock off the puck... tremendous NATURAL goalscorer!!!

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
I don't think Molson would let Bergevin trade Caufield. Remember that he went to watch one of his games in person earlier this season. When was the last time an owner went to watch a NCAA game of a freshman they just drafted? I think he has high hopes for him.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
I still remember Noble6 saying he’d no longer be a Habs fan if they traded Galchenyuk and yet ...

why do you gotta do a man dirty like that runner

and to be fair, I said I would take an extended break from following the team, which i did, if they did that, and made that notorious statement the summer after he put up 30 goals.

Last edited:

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Sergachev is a great skater, but at times makes bonehead decisions on the ice.... lacks natural hockey instincts.
Caufield is small, great skater, hard to knock off the puck... tremendous NATURAL goalscorer!!!
I like him, but I think Bergevin won't hesitate to trade him to try to save his own ass. The Bergevin era has been an utter disaster, but I think the worst is yet to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad