Prospect Info: Cole Caufield (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I would do what Makar did...he was pressured to leave after his freshman season but his coach told him he would benefit of one more NCAA season. Makar admitted it made a huge difference.

Reactions: jaffy27

HabsMD97

Jun 30, 2014
king's landing
This is a very dangerous cause-effect relationship to do. A bad team often means more TOI and/or less pressure and/or not having to focus on defense as much. Nokita Sherback was doing surprisingly very well offensively in the CHL despite his team being terrible.
not really, he put up the same number of points in his d+1 as in his draft year, and his point numbers in junior were never elite.

Reactions: Tyson

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I would do what Makar did...he was pressured to leave after his freshman season but his coach told him he would benefit of one more NCAA season. Makar admitted it made a huge difference.

Doubt it. I've read here that development is independent of any variable. Nothing Makar did had any influence, he would be the exact same player right now regardless what he did.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Doubt it. I've read here that development is independent of any variable. Nothing Makar did had any influence, he would be the exact same player right now regardless what he did.
Allowing a teenager to mature a bit more especially a 5'7 163 kid would not be a bad thing. What's the rush?

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Well he's playing agaisnt young men now and leading his team and all rookies in scoring. I think he's elusive enough not to get caught in bad situations. His situational awareness and shot are both his best assets , I think the real issue will be ensuring he plays with a solid playmaker like Kotkaniemi.
Ya but it’s a huge step up when playing against elite men in the nhl. Most of the college guys will never make it, whereas everyone in the nhl is pro. The kid needs time.

Reactions: DAChampion
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad