Prospect Info: Cole Caufield Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Very good game from Wisconsin on the whole as they easily played one of their best games of the season against one of the best teams in the league. Caufield with the goal but was so close to having a few. 3 mins into the game he hit the post, there was a turnover and Turcotte got the puck to Caufield who was in alone behind the defense and beat the goalie but not the post.

On the PP where he scored, just before that he had a fake shot and a nice pass but it went through Holloway's legs as I assume he was expecting Caufield to shoot it. He had some other chances in the game as well. Gorniak also had a nice chance to score from in tight but couldn't get it over the pads.

That was Caufield's 4th PP goal on the year, what's impressive is that he scored it against the 2nd best PK out of the 60 NCAA teams.

Reactions: Draft and S Bah

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Very good game from Wisconsin on the whole as they easily played one of their best games of the season against one of the best teams in the league. Caufield with the goal but was so close to having a few. 3 mins into the game he hit the post, there was a turnover and Turcotte got the puck to Caufield who was in alone behind the defense and beat the goalie but not the post.

On the PP where he scored, just before that he had a fake shot and a nice pass but it went through Holloway's legs as I assume he was expecting Caufield to shoot it. He had some other chances in the game as well. Gorniak also had a nice chance to score from in tight but couldn't get it over the pads.

That was Caufield's 4th PP goal on the year, what's impressive is that he scored it against the 2nd best PK out of the 60 NCAA teams.

Getting ahead of things, but we know where Caufield's office is going to be on the #1 pp in MTL. So where will Slick Nick play? I suppose with Weber/Petry on the left point, that leaves the right point or the high slot. I'd rather left hand shots on the right halfwall (and the right point really). So for me it's either high slot on the first unit or left halfwall on the 2nd unit.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
Getting ahead of things, but we know where Caufield's office is going to be on the #1 pp in MTL. So where will Slick Nick play? I suppose with Weber/Petry on the left point, that leaves the right point or the high slot. I'd rather left hand shots on the right halfwall (and the right point really). So for me it's either high slot on the first unit or left halfwall on the 2nd unit.

Suzuki should be on the right half wall feeding puck to Caufield on left half wall with Weber at the point on the 1st unit. Suzuki and Caufield's offices in jr. I dont see anybody else on the team being better than these 2 at those spots. That's their speciality.

Reactions: HankyZetts

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Suzuki should be on the right half wall feeding puck to Caufield on left half wall with Weber at the point on the 1st unit. Suzuki and Caufield's offices in jr. I dont see anybody else on the team being better than these 2 at those spots. That's their speciality.

I just don't like a right hand shot on the right half wall. I could see KK being better on the right half wall. Right now he's too slow with his decision making. But in a couple years he may be ready.

But yes, maybe it will be fine without the one time threat on the right half wall. Like I said I like that option. without it, defenses can cheat to cover the left side, knowing they'll have time to get back to the left.

Perhaps we'll just have two really good units. If Caufield is on one and Suzuki on the other, both units should be really dangerous.

Reactions: Plekatorz

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I just don't like a right hand shot on the right half wall. I could see KK being better on the right half wall. Right now he's too slow with his decision making. But in a couple years he may be ready.

Suzuki prefers the right wall. With Caufield on the left we have the makings of a good PP.

The Canadiens’ future at centre is approaching the present...

Suzuki has talked about his preference to playing on his strong side on the power play, on the right wall, because he feels it gives him more options. He can shoot but can also hit all four of his teammates with a pass. On the left wall, where he was playing for most of the season, he feels he’s somewhat limited as a shooter and nothing more. Suzuki likes having options on the ice because he’s particularly good at choosing the right option.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Suzuki prefers the right wall. With Caufield on the left we have the makings of a good PP.

The Canadiens’ future at centre is approaching the present...

The NHL isn't junior. Suzuki's assist to Tatar came from the left half wall.

Like I said, I don't like players not being available for the one timer. Can you think of anyone who doesn't play their off-side on the half wall on the pp? I'm sure there are. I just don't think it works long term.

Reactions: NobleSix

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
KK on the right at the point

Caufield - Poehling - Suzuki
Weber/Petry - Kotkaniemi

Chippy11

We have a Hulk
Jun 2, 2015

Like I said, I don't like players not being available for the one timer. Can you think of anyone who doesn't play their off-side on the half wall on the pp? I'm sure there are. I just don't think it works long term.
TOR last year were rolling AM and WN on their on side and it worked great!

Reactions: ProspectsSTC

ginomini

May 25, 2014

Marner is a master at playing on his right side.

He often makes a fake shot pass in the middle of the ice for Tavares/Marleau(before) to tip in.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Can't believe he didn'T end it on the breakway....wow....that puck almost went in and then 10 seconds later ND wins.....wow.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Knowing how competitive he is....kid won't sleep tonight. What a bad break....

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
good game from him, he had 2 breakaways, 7 shots in total, just so dangerous out there. Tough loss for Wisconsin as I thought Caufield was going to finish it but Morris is a top goalie in the league and he gave Caufield fits all weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad