Prospect Info: Cole Caufield Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Caufield with a terrible effort defensively in front of his goalie, Wisconsin getting shelled 5-2 in the 3rd.

The faster Wisconsin get eliminated at the end of the year, the faster we see Caufield in a Habs jersey?

Steeler23

Aug 10, 2004
The faster Wisconsin get eliminated at the end of the year, the faster we see Caufield in a Habs jersey?

But if they get eliminated because of too much of these terrible defensive effort, he may be heading to Laval before Montreal.

Reactions: 26Mats

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
But if they get eliminated because of too much of these terrible defensive effort, he may be heading to Laval before Montreal.

it was one play though. I mean he'll never be Bob Gainey and his lack of size/strength will cause him problems in the defensive zone as he moves to the NHL but so far I don't see the effort as a problem. he looked gassed in the 3rd, he played a lot in the 2nd when they got all those PP's as a Omaha player slashed the goalies hand and all hell broke lose, the goalie went after him. Their coach wanted to tie up the game so he double shifted Caufield and by the time he had the goal scored the game was all but over.

We'll see if it's any kind of issue in future games as I get to see most of them.

Steeler23

Aug 10, 2004
it was one play though. I mean he'll never be Bob Gainey and his lack of size/strength will cause him problems in the defensive zone as he moves to the NHL but so far I don't see the effort as a problem. he looked gassed in the 3rd, he played a lot in the 2nd when they got all those PP's as a Omaha player slashed the goalies hand and all hell broke lose, the goalie went after him. Their coach wanted to tie up the game so he double shifted Caufield and by the time he had the goal scored the game was all but over.

We'll see if it's any kind of issue in future games as I get to see most of them.

Yeah, I was saying that as a joke, because he pointed out that his mistake could make sure he's coming to Mtl faster. From what I've seen in the 3 games I watched, he often cheat defensively so he can counter attack faster, but we never made that pick so he can become a Selke candidate!

Reactions: montreal

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
When the Caufield thread pops up at the top of our thread list... Habs fans be like...

giphy.gif

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Just from watching what's happening to KK and Poehling (not blaming any coach or GM here) I wouldnt be against this kid maturing some more in college hockey. He's a tiny guy and it wouldnt hurt him to find more man strength. That's just the product of time.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Let this be an addiction in the positive (not negative) way. Caufield hasn’t to be overthinking excessively about the scorings stuff. It gonna happens naturally. He should vary his approach. Then he has to be unpredictable when he plays.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Exactly hahaha...so accurate

I got that feeling many times when I log in and see his thread near the top... I'm like, what is he doing now?

Tough games for the Badgers this weekend though. If he stands out in these games, it will be impressive. Badgers ranked 15th and the fighting Irish ranked 4th with a 7-0-1 record.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I'm going to watching tonights game on replay as I need to get another look at Struble/Harris since the stupid CBS sports hasn't put up their games from last weekend in the ondemand section. I emailed them to ask what's up but they take their sweet time responding.

Reactions: habsfan891 and Eegs

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
I'm going to watching tonights game on replay as I need to get another look at Struble/Harris since the stupid CBS sports hasn't put up their games from last weekend in the ondemand section. I emailed them to ask what's up but they take their sweet time responding.
Cool! Look forward to reading your thoughts on how the two looked. I'm especially interested in Harris.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Caufield will be playing his A game tonight count on that young man's desire to be the best!!!...:vhappy::vhappy::vhappy:Habs have so many great youngsters with great attitudes SCC's are a cinch bet for their future IMHO!!!...:wave::wave::wave:

Jul 6, 2016
Caufield will be playing his A game tonight count on that young man's desire to be the best!!!...:vhappy::vhappy::vhappy:Habs have so many great youngsters with great attitudes SCC's are a cinch bet for their future IMHO!!!...:wave::wave::wave:

If only Habs would have more players (forwards) with size, skills and character....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad