Prospect Info: Cole Caufield Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Coleslaw Garfield going to be a good one!

cut.jpg

That smile, that damned smile!

Reactions: NotProkofievian

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Was watching the draft vid again....and I still have the same freakin thought....Can't believe we got Caulfield...can't believe it...lol

Finding out he was drafted when I just happened to be walking by a bar and seeing it on a soundless tv while having NO idea (I knew the top 2, Broberg and I saw that Philly just took York) who was taken before our pick was the BEST way to see it hahaha. I just died laughing when I saw his name flash up on the screen. Eff me there was no way I thought he'd be there.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Finding out he was drafted when I just happened to be walking by a bar and seeing it on a soundless tv while having NO idea (I knew the top 2, Broberg and I saw that Philly just took York) who was taken before our pick was the BEST way to see it hahaha. I just died laughing when I saw his name flash up on the screen. Eff me there was no way I thought he'd be there.

I figured he would be gone at 6th or 7th, big pull for the Habs in that draft.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Playing poker against a known bluffer. Flop comes and you fill out an ace high straight, two suited cards are in the flop. You raise, the bluffer calls. The turn card is nothing, you raise big. Bluffer calls again. Then comes the river, now there are three suited cards on the board. You make a quarter pot raise and the bluffer comes in over top of you, all in. Now what? This is how I feel about Caufield. At that position we almost have to draft him (call), but you really don't want to. I really hope it works out and we have our own Johnny Hockey, some excitement in the rink would be awesome, but I'm not sold yet.

Reactions: CDN24

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Playing poker against a known bluffer. Flop comes and you fill out an ace high straight, two suited cards are in the flop. You raise, the bluffer calls. The turn card is nothing, you raise big. Bluffer calls again. Then comes the river, now there are three suited cards on the board. You make a quarter pot raise and the bluffer comes in over top of you, all in. Now what? This is how I feel about Caufield. At that position we almost have to draft him (call), but you really don't want to. I really hope it works out and we have our own Johnny Hockey, some excitement in the rink would be awesome, but I'm not sold yet.

2 questions:

1) Why do you feel we "have to draft him" at 15?

2) What are your reservations/dislikes about him?

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009

Same here, I am leery of the guys that fall, its usually for a reason. In this case it is hopefully just his size and it turns out its not an issue. I remember we got a steal in 2003 when andre K fell to 10th

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Same here, I am leery of the guys that fall, its usually for a reason. In this case it is hopefully just his size and it turns out its not an issue. I remember we got a steal in 2003 when andre K fell to 10th
Fowler, Forsberg and Chychrun also comes to mind.

Reactions: CDN24

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Fowler, Forsberg and Chychrun also comes to mind.

Yeah Filip Forsberg was the first name that came to mind. A less extreme fall, but a still a fall, is Seth Jones. Barkov is damn good, but so is Seth Jones in the end. Drouin... not so much.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
There have been many cases of player falling and succeeding.

Forsberg, Parise, Getzlaf, Couturier, Barzal, Connor

Scouts have made and will continue to make mistake and most of time you need the perfect storm to get the player you wanted. In 2012 Forsberg dropped because teams went for many defenseman just like this year.

Caufield size disadvantage is the only apparent "weakness" other than that he is pretty much elite.

Only time will tell but we have every rights to be excited with him.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
2 questions:

1) Why do you feel we "have to draft him" at 15?

2) What are your reservations/dislikes about him?
His size is the only reservation about him that I have. I love what he brings to the table. I felt like he was easily the best talent available where we were drafting, so it feels like we had to draft him.

Reactions: 26Mats

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
His size is the only reservation about him that I have. I love what he brings to the table. I felt like he was easily the best talent available where we were drafting, so it feels like we had to draft him.

I don't follow the prospects nearly enough to take my own opinion seriously. Just hope Timmins and his staff got it right.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Still happy we got him. It makes me even happier we didnt draft Zadina.

Now, all we need is a Tkachuk :sarcasm:

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I don't follow the prospects nearly enough to take my own opinion seriously. Just hope Timmins and his staff got it right.

Considering Timmons shot down a trade to move down a couple spots and get a 3rd rounder, this must have meant they wanted Caufield BAD.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018

You have to call with an Ace high straight and take your beating like a man if he has the flush.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad