Prospect Info: Cole Caufield Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Holloway is the total package. Would love if we could get our hands on him next draft.
Yeah, haven't seen much of the prospects so far but he's one I liked from the get go. Y'all know Im a sucker for a big IQ energy possession player.

Philip Broberg :laugh:

Spencer Knight....
Vasili Podkolzin....
Trevor Zegras....
Dylan Cozens....
Soderstrom....

Heck even Seider at this point could be laughable.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Just relax about when he'll get here, he's unlikely to leave the NCAA in the middle of the season, as they don't have players they can call up. The Habs had Brock Trotter leave mid season but that's due to him getting in trouble at school.

Huge win though, tomorrow night should be interesting as UMD should have both their blueliners back unless either get suspended.

Depending on what others did tonight, Caufield has moved into the lead in goals in the NCAA. In 3 games he's already scored more goals then fellow Hab prospect Gorniak had all year and he turned 19 a month before his Freshman year. He's 2 goals away from Poehling's goal totals from last year.

atrud66

Tank Tabarnack
Aug 5, 2014
Montreal
Just relax about when he'll get here, he's unlikely to leave the NCAA in the middle of the season, as they don't have players they can call up. The Habs had Brock Trotter leave mid season but that's due to him getting in trouble at school.

Huge win though, tomorrow night should be interesting as UMD should have both their blueliners back unless either get suspended.

Depending on what others did tonight, Caufield has moved into the lead in goals in the NCAA. In 3 games he's already scored more goals then fellow Hab prospect Gorniak had all year and he turned 19 a month before his Freshman year. He's 2 goals away from Poehling's goal totals from last year.

Brock Trotter, Brock Turner...Brocks are bad news

Reactions: HabsMD97

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
He's doing awesome goalscoring wise(better than expected) but how is the rest of his game?

fine, he doesn't play the PK, so he hasn't had much to do in his own end yet so we'll see as the season goes on as I should get to see most if not all of his games this year. I like how he moves the puck, he was battling hard tonight and didn't like a clean open ice shoulder to shoulder hit he took in the slot. He showed he's got some chippyness to his game there.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Had him 7th overall in my final rankings, which I was initially proud of but the more weeks go by, the more I think I sold him short(pun intended) by a good margin.
I had him in the cluster of smål guys with Robertson and Brink... Robertson is burning the OHL and Brink is PPG.

I should have ducking dropped Podkolzin and Cozens lower, but I had to go with the freaking consensus.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Wow. !!

Pre-season : 2-3-2
Season : 2-2-2

That’s just crazy lmao.

Other than goals, how is his overall game

Reactions: dinodebino

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I thought he was going top 5, I didn't think teams would let the size factor keep them from picking a future 40-50 goal guy. To me if he's 3 inches taller he would've gone #2 behind Hughes and there would've been about 3 panel debates on TSN about who should go first.

Reactions: Redux91

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
He's doing awesome goalscoring wise(better than expected) but how is the rest of his game?

Habs PP goona look different end of this season..or start of next...

Great thing is, not a 3-4 yr wait on CC..he made his intentions known.... 1 and done ...

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
fine, he doesn't play the PK, so he hasn't had much to do in his own end yet so we'll see as the season goes on as I should get to see most if not all of his games this year. I like how he moves the puck, he was battling hard tonight and didn't like a clean open ice shoulder to shoulder hit he took in the slot. He showed he's got some chippyness to his game there.
Appreciate the response, I'd like to see how his playmaking and skating improve throughout the year.

Reactions: ProspectsFanatic

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Appreciate the response, I'd like to see how his playmaking and skating improve throughout the year.

I don't think there's much to worry about there, the lack of strength is something i've seen a few times where he's just pushed off the puck easily is something that looks like it will be a concern for him.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
He didn't have too many puck touches but the times he did, he was quick in his decision-making. If he doesn't see an opening, the puck is off his stick in a second, rather than trying to force a play. Duluth was covering him pretty tightly during Wisconsin's 5min PP, which he recognized, so he did a good job moving it back, which lead to one of Weissbach's goals.

Reactions: Runner77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad