Not open for further replies.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
My expectation before he joins the team:
Shooting: 9/10, passing: 4/10, skating: 6/10

After seeing him playing with Habs:
Shooting: 7.5/10, passing: 7/10, skating: 7/10

As much as I love Caufield, I have to admit that his shooting doesn't impress me, maybe my expectation was too high.
Nah man, his shooting is up there.

They just need a point man on the PP. In order to open up that one timer lane the puck has to move fast and Petry is not that guy.

Reactions: BLONG7

MeanMugging91

Jan 6, 2016
His shooting is absolutely lethal. I think this up coming year we'll see exactly that. Hes been known for his one timer and we havnt even seen that yet. Once he gets settled in the regular season I think we'll see him take more shots. For me the more surprising thing is his passing. I knew he could dish it but he was making some pin point passing plays. I'm excited at what he can become after glimes of it in the playoffs no less. The kid can creat plays out of nothing and its quite refreshing to say the least.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
So... say Caufield wins the Calder next season, when was the last time a Hab won the Calder?

Lafleur? Did the Calder even exist back then? Naslund maybe?

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
I think caufield is our next Kyle Connor and suZuki our next Ryan Ôreilly. It will be very fun to watch for next years

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
So... say Caufield wins the Calder next season, when was the last time a Hab won the Calder?

Lafleur? Did the Calder even exist back then? Naslund maybe?

Winning's been a while, but both Gallagher and Ryder came in 2nd for the Calder in their rookie years and Ryder was robbed that year. I'm probably missing a few but Price and Koivu ended up 4th in Calder voting, Subban at 6th, Galchenyuk and Suzuki at 9th. So it's not like we haven't had some highly thought of rookies over the years.

Reactions: DAChampion

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

As much as I love Caufield, I have to admit that his shooting doesn't impress me, maybe my expectation was too high.
Man, I think his shooting is terrific. I expect a lot from him in the coming years.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I think caufield is our next Kyle Connor and suZuki our next Ryan Ôreilly. It will be very fun to watch for next years

They are the Toews-Kane for Habs, Suzuki can have the same impact of Toews, no doubt. For Caufield i think he is going to have the impact between of Kane and DeBrincat, less dominant than Kane but more dynamic than DeBrincat.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
1972. That's just brutal and strange. Especially considering how many cups they won since then.
I would actually expect a reverse correlation between cup victories and rookie of the year winners.

Cup winners rarely have rookies playing major roles in the team and won't have very many high draft picks to out out the best prospects.

Since the 05 lockout for example the Calder winner came from a team who missed the playoffs the season before in all but 3 cases (Huberdeau 13, Panarin 16, and Makar 20).

Only in one instance did the reigning cup winners produce the Calder winner (Panarin in 16).

If you want to look at the Calder winner playing for the cup winning team in the same season you have to go back to Gomez in 2000 and before that all the way to 1963 when Kent Douglas did it with the Leafs, however once you're in the original 6 era it's something that would have been far likelier to happen.

Last edited:

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
I would actually expect a reverse correlation between cup victories and rookie of the year winners.

Cup winners rarely have rookies playing major roles in the team and won't have very many high draft picks to out out the best prospects.

Since the 05 lockout for example the Calder winner came from a team who missed the playoffs the season before in all but 3 cases (Huberdeau 13, Panarin 16, and Makar 20).

Only in one instance did the reigning cup winners produce the Calder winner (Panarin in 16).

If you want to look at the Calder winner playing for the cup winning team in the same season you have to go back to Gomez in 2000 and before that all the way to 1963 when Kent Douglas did it with the Leafs, however once you're in the original 6 era it's something that would have been far likelier to happen.
True. But what about from 1994 on?

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016

More like :

Shooting : 9,5/10
Passing : 9/10
Skating : 8,5/10
Hands : 9/10
Size : 5,7/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad