Player Discussion Cole Caufield - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gyfu

May 16, 2011
I always hear this narrative but is their any evidence behind it? St. Louis and Theo Fleury were pretty damn durable in a way way more physical era.

Edit: same could be said for Gaudreau and Kane. They have been relatively healthy and no more injured than the average player.
... Malakhov was made of glass while Bouillon was a brick wall... Back in the 90's it was a bit more of an issue imo, nowadays, not so much... Caufield is small but he doesn't look "frail" by any means... The way he plays i just don't see any problems related to his size, he's fast, nimble, aware...

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
CC had a great playoffs also, that being said yes he had moments where he seemed to be a passenger, the kid is 20 and played 10 games of pro hockey before the playoffs....
This kid is a pure sniper.....the one thing that amazed me, is how unselfish he was with the puck, and is a great playmaker too.
He will have his challenges of course......but man what a player...
That crossbar is the final game, goes in, and who knows.....anyhow glad he dropped to 15 that draft!!
Pure sniper? No. Kid can pass with the best of them.

Reactions: True Tick and Tin

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
Caufield is so smart.. and sneaky thats why he isnt hit that much.. its a great talent he has.. cant wait to see if he can bring his game to another level next season. I sure hope so.

if he someone could become a bit thicker without losing speed would be awesome.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Caufield is a miniature tank and just because he is a few inches shorter than most it won't matter.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Caufield is so smart.. and sneaky thats why he isnt hit that much.. its a great talent he has.. cant wait to see if he can bring his game to another level next season. I sure hope so.

if he someone could become a bit thicker without losing speed would be awesome.
Why? How would that benefit him? He doesn't have the size to ever be effective physically, and his game will never to be to grind and win board battles with strength.

Heffyhoof

Jan 17, 2016
I'm hoping Caufield is the type of player who's so good that you can put a Tom Wilson type on his line to protect him and not worry about a dip in production. He has that potential.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Why? How would that benefit him? He doesn't have the size to ever be effective physically, and his game will never to be to grind and win board battles with strength.
I know, I don’t get these takes. I actually prefer he doesn’t focus on this part of his game, picking pockets, fishing loose pucks and getting open for a scoring chance in the event others win the battle is what I want him doing. Not engaging in the board battles.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
... Malakhov was made of glass while Bouillon was a brick wall... Back in the 90's it was a bit more of an issue imo, nowadays, not so much... Caufield is small but he doesn't look "frail" by any means... The way he plays i just don't see any problems related to his size, he's fast, nimble, aware...
Most of the glass was between Malakhov’s ears. In my more than 60 years watching the Canadiens, Malakhov was, in my opinion, one of the top 5 most physically talented players ever to play for the team.

Last edited:

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I'm pretty happy to have Hoffman and Toffoli in the same team of Caufield. He can take note of two pretty good player who have been good top 6 player in their career so far. (Caufield have more upside, but Hoffman and Toffoli are pretty good sniper).

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010

the average nhl forward is 6’1 199lbs. This includes grinders and physical heavier guys. If you use the formula of 5lbs per inch of height the adjusted weight for his height of 5’7 is 174lbs. I doubt you ever see him heavier than that. He said he’s getting close to 170. He’s probably within 5lbs of his weight that he will play at during his peak years.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
the average nhl forward is 6’1 199lbs. This includes grinders and physical heavier guys. If you use the formula of 5lbs per inch of height the adjusted weight for his height of 5’7 is 174lbs. I doubt you ever see him heavier than that. He said he’s getting close to 170. He’s probably within 5lbs of his weight that he will play at during his peak years.

Frankie Bou was 5'8 and weighted 200 at his peek.

If he can go up to 180-185 without losing speed, he will be over 175.

MSL was 185 at his peek, measuring 5'8.

The whole 5 pound per inch is just a yardstick.

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
Then he would have gone in the top 3.
He was making a joke. Anderson is big, but seems to get hurt quite easily and often, hence not durable. Might be related to how he plays the game though. He hit the net real hard in the playoffs.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
He was making a joke. Anderson is big, but seems to get hurt quite easily and often, hence not durable. Might be related to how he plays the game though. He hit the net real hard in the playoffs.
I just don't see a correlation between size and durability. Like you said play style is a much bigger factor.

Reactions: angusyoung
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad