Player Discussion Cole Caufield - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
We have to find a way.........to feed him the puck on the PP on the Ovie dot.....so many good teams with good PP's have a guy on that half wall, Ovie, Stamkos, Pasta etc
Caufield has that shot...........now, how do we get it to him? Who will be our PP QB? It's going on 5 years, and no replacement for Markov.
I wish they would use Romanov alot more on the PP, he could become that guy.

Help

Can I help you?
Apr 8, 2011
HELP HELP HELP
How about 10-15 goals? He his a rookie and this would be success.

1*f3i3udTnNIp4iJkGb4px_A.gif

TesseractPrice

Aug 1, 2019
Caufield is one of the two favourite for the Calder along with Zegras

Honestly if he stays healthy and the power play can go around 20%, I can see him having a 30 goals-35 assists-65 points rookie season

He's the first Habs prospect that I saw that makes me think he'll be a point per game player for multiple season in his prime

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I think he is ready to put 30 goals, 30 assists and 60 points and more.

At PP, Drouin, Suzuki and Hoffman have pretty good passing ability and KK have good vision too.

That's why i want MTL keep Drouin (if he is in package with KK for Eichel, let's do it) but Drouin have pretty good passing ability at PP... and we need good playmaker to feed player like Caufield and Hoffman. (even Toffoli).

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
How about 10-15 goals? He his a rookie and this would be success.

Considering he scored 8 goals in his first 30 games, 20 of which were in the playoffs where scoring tends to go down 25 - 30 isn't a crazy thought at all.

Scoring 10 would mean he would score one goal every 8. 2 games when in his first 30 games he scored at a rate less than one in every 4.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I think 30+ is actually a safe bet.

If he plays a full season with no injuries, it's very possible. So far it's 10 regular season games and 20 in the playoffs. 4 goals in both. So if you prorate that, it's 22 goals. He should be much more comfortable and it will be more open in the regular season as well.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
We have 4 guys that on paper should get 30 goals: Hoffmsn, Toffili, Csufield, and Gallagher.

But do we have the centers and the dmen to get them the puck??
Or the PP QB? I think if our PP can become better, we will score alot more goals....
We will know soon enough...

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
And Anderson?

Guesses but Anderson should be in that mix as well. I'd be willing to bet Anderson gets more than Gallaher this year. Caufield will get time with Suzuki (both 5/5 and PP) so I bet he has the higher probability to get 30 goals if he plays 82 games or at least 75.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Not for his pedigree……that’s what Lehkonen did in his rookie year, 18 goals

Think we can allow ourselves to dream a little bigger

Agreed. If he only scores 10-15 goals, that means he is not playing a full season and get hurt. He's not coming in to play 3rd line and limited PP minutes. He's coming in and will be used a fair amount in an offensive role.

Reactions: jaffy27

smcgreg

Jul 18, 2013
None of your business
We have 4 guys that on paper should get 30 goals: Hoffman, Toffoli, Caufield, and Gallagher.

But do we have the centers and the dmen to get them the puck??

Huh??? On paper should get 30?

None of those guys have consistently put up 30 per season. Yes, (other than CC) they've done it once or twice, but to say they should? CC has not played a full season in the NHL, not sure how you say he should either.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very positive on this offensive crop, more so than in any time I can remember. The great thing is there are a lot of guys it would be reasonable to expect 25+ from and one or two may hit 30. Like others have said, Andy should be on that list in the 20s and probably Suzuki as well. In that scenario, the Habs score way more goals than in past years. What's great about it though is, it's not all hanging on one guy getting 30 or 35 like the Patches years. If one or even two are off, probabilities would say, one or two will be really good and it will still be a great offense. And,... there is a low likelihood, but still a possibility, that as it seems you're expecting, multiple guys could hit 30 and that would be fantastic as a Habs fan and an offensive dynamo team the likes of which I can't remember since.......... well, I was a kid, so, I can't remember.

My point is, on paper, none of those guys is a proven consistent 30 goal scorer. But... they should all be expected to be in the mid-high 20s, adding in Andy and Suzuki in the 20s and CC likely in that range and possibly higher,.... it's an exciting forward group to be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad