Player Discussion Cole Caufield - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Is this player going to be good?
Are they ruining him by playing him to much to early or hindering him by notvplaying him enough.
I get confused ;)

Love the kids attitude.

Reactions: Frank Drebin

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Caufield has so much swagger. When the Hawks asked him why they should draft him, he said because they will regret it if they don't. When asked about his point totals playing with Hughes, he said that Hughes wouldn't have had all those points without him either. When asked about his size concerns, he said that if he could be taller, he wouldn't be. And now these comments regarding what Lehner said about him.

I think he will score tonight.

ReginaHabs

Jan 7, 2021
What Lehner actually said started with "he's a world class player". It read it as pretty complimentary. The reporter didn't do the quote justice.

Coaches, players, reporters, and fans all like to twist quotes (or make them up completely) in the playoffs for various reasons and it's always funny to watch it play out.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Yup, was a pretty complimentary post, Lehner acknowledged he was world class and they are scouting him. Flattery.

Lehner said what he said in a complimentary way, by saying Caufield is a world class player.

But the substance of what he said, though not intended this way, was in fact a backhanded compliment/even a diss. What scorer wants to hear: the guy is predictable, if top shelf isn't open he goes five hole.

And I'm glad he said it because it will motivate Caufield to keep innovating. He'll have to to score a lot year after year at this level.

Last edited:
Reactions: Born in 1909

Chris Guthro

Oct 7, 2018
Man we got to sign Perry!! He looks like a father to CC haha. The excitement out of that kid is contagious! It’s the best prospect I’ve ever seen in my time of watching these guys since price!

Reactions: Sagikev and dralaf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad