Prospect Info: Cole Caufield (Part 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Just listened to DD in his presser, I'm not convinced that Caufield will start in the playoffs. Same for KK.

I dont think Caufield will start since that will mean one of Armia/Lehky/Byron being out and Ducharme will likely prefer experience players to start the playoffs.

That could also mean playing Staal over KK, which would be a terrible decision.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I dont think Caufield will start since that will mean one of Armia/Lehky/Byron being out and Ducharme will likely prefer experience players to start the playoffs.

That could also mean playing Staal over KK, which would be a terrible decision.

I find in the modern playoffs speed is important. Definitely have to go Evan's over Staal. And Caufield definitely has to be in the lineup.

I think Dom will realize this. I just hope it's not too late in the series when he does.

sbhatt

Nov 10, 2015
Caufield needs to be in...if he's not, I may be done with this team. Kotkaniemi is absolutely useless most nights and needs to sit.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Cole Caufield looks like he could be the best pure goalscorer we have had in ages, and you want to saddle him with these guys as linemates? WFT!!!

Only Jeff Petry and Nick Suzuki have more assists this year than Drouin. You think putting one of the top playmakers on a line with a player you think could be the best pure goalscorer in ages is somehow a mistake?

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
He deserves it more than Staal. As bad as he's been, he still gives more than Staal and the experience is far more valuable than anything else.

Dont know about that...they were equal the last 20 games but Staal will play because of his name.

Both are awful right now..awful

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
imagine sitting probably your second best winger. Stupid comparison but imagine the leafs decided to sit marner for tatar, byron, or armia

No, I like the comparison.

I think Caufield plays. So do Armia, Perry, and Staal. Byron and Kk or Evan's sit. And we see something like:

Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Toffoli-Suzuki-Caufield
Armia-KK/Evans-Anderson
Lehkonen-Staal-Perry

I'd rather KKor Evan's sit than Caufield. Although I'd rather none of them sit.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
So people are mad that KK (who is complete dog shit) is maybe going to sit yet seem content with the possibility of Cole sitting out?

Cole is a top 3 forward on this team already and if you can’t see this I don’t know what to tell you.

Nah I'm mad at both just more mad because you can't make an argument for Staal who has done less than nothing since he's been here and at the very least you can say they need a more defensive minded forward group against Toronto for keeping CC out.

But both should be in, not only because they are better than the players who will play over them but because this is all about opportunity and development. We aren't winning shit.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Only Jeff Petry and Nick Suzuki have more assists this year than Drouin. You think putting one of the top playmakers on a line with a player you think could be the best pure goalscorer in ages is somehow a mistake?

Let me know when Drouin gets dirty like the two you mentioned and I could perhaps agree. Given they both play the same strong side I don’t see the fit.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Nah I'm mad at both just more mad because you can't make an argument for Staal who has done less than nothing since he's been here and at the very least you can say they need a more defensive minded forward group against Toronto for keeping CC out.

But both should be in, not only because they are better than the players who will play over them but because this is all about opportunity and development. We aren't winning shit.
The argument will be that Staal is a veteran.

Habit11

Dec 18, 2009
Needs to be in the top 6 and 1st unit PP. He actually should play on both PPs and just do his best Brett Hull impersonation, which requires very little physical exertion besides shooting. This team has absolutely nothing to lose and they should throw all caution to the wind. However, the "C" in "CH" may as well stand for "conservative" when it comes to this team's philosophy.

Matthew McConaughay

May 3, 2013
Caufield is the snipper, that can change a game around, we never had someone like this since Guy Lafleur, so he needs to play in the playoffs.

JoelWarlord

Ex-Noob616
May 7, 2012
Halifax
Sitting the only one-shot gamebreaker on the team because we think we can grind out 2-1 wins vs the Leafs is the ultimate in coward playing not to lose shit.

I don't understand why they seemingly want to go this way with Staal and overrating veteran leadership after playing the young guys won us the series vs. Pittsburgh last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad