Prospect Info: Cole Caufield II (Montreal 15th overall in 2019 draft) mod warning # 560

How many goals will Caufield score in the 3 development camp scrimmages?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Nah I was and still am way more excited for KK.

Definitely wasn't initially but even just from the highlights, KK had the better rookie season. He didn't blow Galch out of the water but I don't think it was by a trivial amount either.

The initial excitement for Caufield definitely measures up to my excitement for Galch.

Reactions: Frank Drebin

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
I've said it before but when people often say about a KK or a Suzuki that 'he'll be really good but he won't be a saviour', I think this kid has the best chance out of anyone in our org that could fit the bill of 'saviour'. I think he's our crown jewel. People can think this is shiny new toy syndrome or whatever but I think he has the upside to do it. It's great that he can do other things too besides shoot and the compete level's there.

I still really can't gauge KK's true upside so maybe you have a Kane/Toews like situation (not asserting or denying they'll be as good as Toews and Kane) but I feel like Caufield's upside is more tangible than maybe KK's is at least imo.
I agree KK's upside is hard to gauge. But my feeling is he's going to be a superb all around player. Nothing really stands out watching him. But at 18 I'm amazed he's out there acquitting himself well. He's the type of player that gets the job done and done well. A Kopitar /mat sundin maybe just maybe Getzel (KK will fill out).
As far as Cole he has that combination of skills that I feel will make him a superstar. Great hockey instincts, super shot and very competitive.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Being irrationally excited about the future is the only thing that's fun about being a Montreal fan these days
I don't know... the kid broke all kinds of scoring records. I don't think it's irrational to be excited about having him here.

Doesn't sound like he's an Yzerman type player but he knows how to finish. Brett Hull wasn't a complete hockey player but he's still one of the best snipers of all time. If this guy can find open space and can get shots on net he'll be awesome for us.

Would be nice if he sprouted an inch or two before he gets here though. :)

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
I agree KK's upside is hard to gauge. But my feeling is he's going to be a superb all around player. Nothing really stands out watching him. But at 18 I'm amazed he's out there acquitting himself well. He's the type of player that gets the job done and done well. A Kopitar /mat sundin maybe just maybe Getzel (KK will fill out).
As far as Cole he has that combination of skills that I feel will make him a superstar. Great hockey instincts, super shot and very competitive.

Monitors the middle of the ice like a player in his mid-20s

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I don't know... the kid broke all kinds of scoring records. I don't think it's irrational to be excited about having him here.

Doesn't sound like he's an Yzerman type player but he knows how to finish. Brett Hull wasn't a complete hockey player but he's still one of the best snipers of all time. If this guy can find open space and can get shots on net he'll be awesome for us.

Would be nice if he sprouted an inch or two before he gets here though. :)
Maybe being excited about the future is the irrational part...

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Monitors the middle of the ice like a player in his mid-20s
Another guy who reads the play really well. Hard to quantify that with a stat or physical measurement but he's a hockey player. Some guys skate 100 miles around and have no clue. And some guys play the game like Bergeron in Boston. KK will be one of those smart types and lets not kid ourselves he has uber skills. I remember being 18 and 6 foot 4 and around 170 pounds. At 21 I was a completely different build. Boy-Man. It will be fun to watch him go from Bambi(at times) on ice to having that man strength.

Reactions: the valiant effort

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
When's the last time we drafted the outright best goal scorer in a draft?

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
he was our last 50 goal scorer too. Hopefully we've found our new latest 50 goal guy. But that's getting ahead of things.

Would be nice for sure. He can clearly finish at the levels he's played so far. The NHL though is another matter,he's gonna have to pay a 2 way game with the right line-mates.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
That Lemieux guy that was drafted 1st overall that year was a pretty fair goal scorer, you might have heard of him :sarcasm: . Best pure goal scorer of a particular draft would probably have to go all the way back to Lafleur.

Know him? played a few games against him. Guy was great,when he took that ugly helmet off.

Reactions: Pompeius Magnus

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Not an answer to this question, but pacioretty is third from 2007 (Kane, Benn) and Chucky is still hanging on to second place behind forsberg

the funny thing about that '07 draft, in terms of goals we have 5 of the top 22 goal scorers from that draft either drafted by us or played here for years. Pac 3rd with 248 goals, Eller at 13th 103g, Subban at 16th 98g, Byron at 19th 85g, and McDonagh at 22nd 62g. There's also Yannick Weber at 32nd 27g, Alzner at 38th 20g.

When's the last time we drafted the outright best goal scorer in a draft?

Galchenyuk so far is the closest, 2nd OA in his draft behind Forsberg.

Pac as stated is 3rd most goals in his draft.

Kotka is so far 3rd in goals in his draft.

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
The habs missed out on one of the best goal scorers of all time by taking Mark Napier 10th overall in the 1977 draft.....passing up on local golden boy Mike Bossy who went to the Islanders 5 picks later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad