Prospect Info: Cole Caufield II (Montreal 15th overall in 2019 draft) mod warning # 560

How many goals will Caufield score in the 3 development camp scrimmages?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
The habs missed out on one of the best goal scorers of all time by taking Mark Napier 10th overall in the 1977 draft.....passing up on local golden boy Mike Bossy who went to the Islanders 5 picks later.
Bossy was awesome!

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
If Caufield hasn't signed anything with Wisconsin-Madison yet (I understand he has a verbal commitment) - can he still attend Montreal's Rookie Showcase (Sept 6-9) and Training Camp (Sept 18- Oct 6) and then join Wisconsin? Curious how NCAA rules work - I imagine he's ineligible in the NCAA if he signs a pro contract. I can't think of any NCAA guys showing up for training camp in the past.

I realize the dates don't work well with missing classes that likely start after Labor Day (Sept 2)

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Another guy who reads the play really well. Hard to quantify that with a stat or physical measurement but he's a hockey player. Some guys skate 100 miles around and have no clue. And some guys play the game like Bergeron in Boston. KK will be one of those smart types and lets not kid ourselves he has uber skills. I remember being 18 and 6 foot 4 and around 170 pounds. At 21 I was a completely different build. Boy-Man. It will be fun to watch him go from Bambi(at times) on ice to having that man strength.
Dude's legs are already massive. In a couple of years he'll be next to impossible to knock off the puck.

Reactions: the valiant effort

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
If Caufield hasn't signed anything with Wisconsin-Madison yet (I understand he has a verbal commitment) - can he still attend Montreal's Rookie Showcase (Sept 6-9) and Training Camp (Sept 18- Oct 6) and then join Wisconsin? Curious how NCAA rules work - I imagine he's ineligible in the NCAA if he signs a pro contract. I can't think of any NCAA guys showing up for training camp in the past.

I realize the dates don't work well with missing classes that likely start after Labor Day (Sept 2)

I don’t believe he can play in any actual training camp and rookie showcase. The development camp is the only exception AFAIK.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I called it from time, members of the supposed top 11 would fall to 15. Why? The rise of the Dmen and Spencer Knight. As it turned out, we had our choice of CC, Krebs, and Newhook. I personally would have taken Newhook, he just has a more complete all around skill set, but I get taking Caufield. Caulfield is definitely the more ready of the two, and I wouldn’t be shocked if he’s on the big squad sooner than later. Could definitely see him having a cup of coffee at the end of the year ala Poehling.

Reactions: 26Mats

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

he's already practicing with Wisconsin. Most NCAA schools start by the team our rookie camp gets underway so that's a big reason why you don't see them there.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
he's already practicing with Wisconsin. Most NCAA schools start by the team our rookie camp gets underway so that's a big reason why you don't see them there.

It's practice under a different name , Captain's practice I believe they call it. (If I remember correctly they aren't allowed to be practicing this early but do so under a different name)

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
It's practice under a different name , Captain's practice I believe they call it. (If I remember correctly they aren't allowed to be practicing this early but do so under a different name)

if you read a few posts up above I talk about it and explain how they are allowed to practice this early.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
if you read a few posts up above I talk about it and explain how they are allowed to practice this early.

Sounds good , didn't see that , don't always read whole threads to get context can get a bit tedious at times to find the solid content ;).

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
I called it from time, members of the supposed top 11 would fall to 15. Why? The rise of the Dmen and Spencer Knight. As it turned out, we had our choice of CC, Krebs, and Newhook. I personally would have taken Newhook, he just has a more complete all around skill set, but I get taking Caufield. Caulfield is definitely the more ready of the two, and I wouldn’t be shocked if he’s on the big squad sooner than later. Could definitely see him having a cup of coffee at the end of the year ala Poehling.

funny how Caufield and Newhook were like 2 of my favorite prospects in this draft and both were available. it was indeed a hard choice but i personally was leaning more into Caufield since we have alot of Centers who are pass first guy, even wingers, we are lacking shooters and finnishers and Caufield is an elite one and the best part is he can do much more than that too. he'll fit like a glove. i don't regret this pick a second.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
so i found a few second vid of Wisconsin's practice, can't see Caufield #8 but he's there somewhere.

https://twitter.com/ToddMilewski/sta...283457/photo/1

also an article that talks about Wisconsin's incoming class, talks about the locker assignments, upcoming exhibition games vs BC on Aug 30th and Sept 1st. There's a 1 minute vid at the bottom of the article where they show some clips of the USNDTP playing Wisconsin this past season. Caufield scores of course, he's interviewed.

New Badgers on campus for men’s hockey | Wisconsin Athletics

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad