Confirmed with Link: [COL/SEA] Avs Acquire D Kurtis MacDermid for 2023 4th round pick

Gjwrams

A Know Nothing Fool
Mar 4, 2019
This whole offseason is this guys fault. Bad omen from the start.

oh trust me, he will give you things to blame on him, but your GM playing chicken with Grubauer is all on Joe.

in seriousness, he is a dude who will beat the shut out of someone who cheap shots one of your dudes. Problem is, that means he is the starting lineup….

Reactions: CoachBadkitten

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Does another organization have as many of these guys in their history? Maybe Boston with a bunch of Irish guys from the 60's and 70's.

Cale Makar
Nathan MacKinnon
Jacob MacDonald
Cody McLeod
Cody McCormick
Jamie McGinn
Brett McLean
Aaron MacKenzie
Chris McAllister
Dean McAmmond
Jay McClement

MacDermid-MacKinnon-Makar
MacDonald-McKeown

We need to roll them occasionally all at once to confuse the shit out of Moser

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
Sakic and Yzerman are obviously gearing up to renew the rivalry. We just signed Luke Witkowski :naughty:

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

I remember watching Mas getting pounded in this fight. Had no idea it had been against him lol

Edit: this one is a beauty!

Reactions: Frenchy

Andrew Wiggin

Feb 8, 2020
Personally I think a guy like MacDermid increases the likelihood of a guy running Makar or Byram rather than deter it, because MacDermid, based on what I’ve seen of him over the years, instigates these sorts of things. His mere presence escalates tension, it doesn’t defuse it.

But whatever. I just don’t like the player. I’ve disliked him for quite some time, but what’s done is done. No use crying any further over it.

Or his antics could take the focus off everyone else. Look how wound up Graves got Vegas in game 1, they literally couldn't even focus on the game or other players really but him.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019

I remember watching Mas getting pounded in this fight. Had no idea it had been against him lol

Edit: this one is a beauty!

Oh man those two fights were great. Watching them I'm so pleased that Sakic acquired this guy. Best fighter in the league and will set straight anyone who dares make a big hit on one of our star players.

Reactions: xAvsx89

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
He’s got his own technique where he overpowers the other fighter and ends up hammering the back of the head.

Last edited:
Reactions: Foppa2118

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
Acquiring MacDermid is basically Sakic's way of saying to opponents "if you so much as dare jump into Bowen Byram's head again you're going to get your face pounded"

Reactions: Frenchy

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
He’s got his own technique where he overpowers the other fighther and ends up hammering the back on the head.
The most underrated part of his fighting technique are the jabs with his left when he's got a grip of the other guys jersey. It really forces the other guy to change their stance and grip and when they do he jumps in with his right.

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
Not an ideal price to pay but he’s certainly a dose of what this team needs.

Anyone that thinks Sakic wasn’t being honest when he mentioned how happy the guys are with this pick-up has their head stuffed up somewhere dark.

This group has plenty of talent, a deterrent sprinkled in every once in a while doesn’t hurt this team in the slightest. Did LOB’s presence all of a sudden start the headshot parade against the Avs? Didn’t think so. This will be a net positive.

Reactions: Richard88

Pacman33

#teamZ
Feb 9, 2017
I like the acquisition. We needed someone like him. Much prefer he play forward though. Playing limited time on the 4th line and he should be fine

Reactions: Tommy Shelby

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad