Confirmed with Link: [COL/SEA] Avs Acquire D Kurtis MacDermid for 2023 4th round pick

Postanin CB Ting

Apr 6, 2012
Stoked after watching that video lol the boys will love him.

He really does swing a sledgehammer but man does he crack them in the helmet a lot. His hands must be massive and ugly.

More brick punching less stick handles

Pumped on this tho.. please don't fight Zads

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Honestly I couldn’t care less if he ever fights. As long as his presence keeps clowns from running around I’m happy.
You look at how often guys took runs at Byram last year (some of it he brought on himself), and having MacDermid next to Byram should give Byram some peace of mind to play his game without worrying about getting lit up multiple times a game. A Dman like Byram on the 3rd pairing is a pretty big luxury and he's the type of puckmover who can run a pairing by himself even with a pylon like MacDermid next to him, along with also being fast enough on the back check to catch opponents even if he or MacDermid have been caught up ice.

Sakic is clearly intent on preserving the health of his young stud Dmen, which is especially important considering that Byram got concussed last year.

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
I'll freely admit I'm capable of being just as much of a meathead as the next guy--if he runs over a player I don't like or pounds one of the idiot rats or goons taking runs at the opposition then I'll hate him a lot less.

However it's much more likely he takes an unprovoked run at someone else's guy and elicits a response from their "tough guys" rather than acting as any sort of "deterrent." Or he just plain takes an insanely dumb penalty--he did that plenty for the Kings.

The one good thing this guarantees is that this is the only way to guarantee he won't directly injure any Avs players. Not intentionally at least.

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
I dunno, he mashed Carrier last night, and while I certainly wasn't rooting for him to get a skate slash, I'm decidedly okay with a guy like that being on the receiving end of a big hit for once.

I still think he's a terrible frickin' hockey player, but...whatever. If he does stuff like that, I'll be less mad about the deal going forward.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
How has he been for you guys? Is he a lock for the roster since Sakic recently gave up an asset for him?

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
How has he been for you guys? Is he a lock for the roster since Sakic recently gave up an asset for him?

On defense its like he skates in sand and whacks at the puck like its his stick is a weed whacker. On the 4th line I can see him smashing people along the boards.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
On defense its like he skates in sand and whacks at the puck like its his stick is a weed whacker. On the 4th line I can see him smashing people along the boards.

I had the same thought with Gudbranson if we would've signed him this offseason. These types of players hurt you a lot less on the 4th line than they do on D. I was hoping to add more toughness even before the Kassian injury. It seems like teams still value these types of players so other than maybe Gabriel, I don't think that the Oilers will have much of a chance adding a guy that can hold their own with most of the league's heavies.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
So your stuck with McDo bird heh. Can't believe 2 GMs fell for him at the expansion. Worse hockey player I have ever seen play D. So happy we spent a 4th on Lemieux. Great 4th liner that never costed us one game and provides the grit we need. Still wondering what Blake had on Francis to let us keep Clague in expansion over this clown of a pylon.

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
So your stuck with McDo bird heh. Can't believe 2 GMs fell for him at the expansion. Worse hockey player I have ever seen play D. So happy we spent a 4th on Lemieux. Great 4th liner that never costed us one game and provides the grit we need. Still wondering what Blake had on Francis to let us keep Clague in expansion over this clown of a pylon.

Lemieux is an absolute asshole just like his dad

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

That's alright. You and Brendan Lemieux are stuck outside the playoffs for another few years. Have fun with that.

Reactions: BrickNHL

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
The Avs have seen some terrible players on their roster over the years. MacDermid is one of the worse. He has to be the worse player in the NHL right now.

AnimalMother73

Sep 17, 2009
I find it extremely perplexing that Bednar keeps putting him out there when there are other better options such as MacDonald or Gilbert. Heck I'm confident even as green as Barron would be that he'd be better as well.

Reactions: Metallo

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
There’s no need to troll about MacDermid. We knew he was awful then and now. We are just waiting to see how long the org keeps up the charade. The “tough guy” has given us all of one big hit too and a goal against in every game.

this is my problem. We knew what we were getting for the most part, but he hasn’t fought a single person once or been intimidating in any fashion in any game. We have a losing record too, so you would think a fight somewhere along the way would have incited some energy into this lineup. Last nights game against CBus wasn’t exactly chippy, but was a perfect example after we gave up 4 unanswered a fight would have been nice. Or maybe a god damned Bednar timeout.

Reactions: Metallo

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
There’s no need to troll about MacDermid. We knew he was awful then and now. We are just waiting to see how long the org keeps up the charade. The “tough guy” has given us all of one big hit too and a goal against in every game.
It's not trolling if it's true

Reactions: The Moops

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->