Proposal: COL/MTL: S. Girard for B. Gallagher?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Not even close? In terms of contract left yes. But in terms of Gallagher with a new contract? It's close and both teams likely say no. Habs think about it more cause we need a LD more than the Avs need Gallagher. But Gallagher is our heart and soul and he won't be traded unless he wants a max deal in both term and AAV

Girard won't pry away Gallagher and we like Girard a lot.

Yes he f***ing would.

A younger, better player, playing the more important position.

Jfc this thread is painful to read.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Gallagher is getting seriously underrated in this thread. A 30 goal winger who makes everyone around him better. I'd move some nice pieces to acquire him for the Avs, but I wouldn't move any of Makar/Byram/Girard.

I'd do Timmins + something for sure

At the TDL there was a lot of talk between MTL and COL but the names at the time were Tatar, Petry and Domi from MTL and Graves/Timmins on the Avs side from the few speculations. Unsurprisingly MB doesn't have it in him to make any big trades so he backed down but I wouldn't be shocked to see some rumors continue into the offseason.

Clearly though it wont include guys like Girard and likely not Gally.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Yes he f***ing would.

A younger, better player, playing the more important position.

Jfc this thread is painful to read.

I like Girard a lot but he's not at 50-60 pts or more yet. He's jumped to a prorated 40 pts season with 5 goals. Habs like Girard a lot but we also like Gallagher and he is the heart and soul of our team. Plus we have lots of young LD's with promise.

Gallagher is worth a lot to the Habs. Avs should know cause you got Landeskog who is similar to the Avs. Would you trade Landeskog for Domi if he was signed for 7 years and a Good AAV? Not exactly the same but I think you get the point? Would you do it? "Domi plays the more important position" and Landeskog is one year away from UFA :sarcasm:

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I like Girard a lot but he's not at 50-60 pts or more yet. He's jumped to a prorated 40 pts season with 5 goals. Habs like Girard a lot but we also like Gallagher and he is the heart and soul of our team. Plus we have lots of young LD's with promise.

Gallagher is worth a lot to the Habs. Avs should know cause you got Landeskog who is similar to the Avs. Would you trade Landeskog for Domi if he was signed for 7 years and a Good AAV? Not exactly the same but I think you get the point? Would you do it? "Domi plays the more important position" and Landeskog is one year away from UFA :sarcasm:

A comparable to the Gallagher for Girard trade would be something along the lines of Landeskog for Werenski - and in that case I absolutely would.

Reactions: Meeqs

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
I personally see Gallagher walking away from the dumpster fire in Montreal next year and signing as a FA with a potential stanley cup contender.

Reactions: Linds

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
A comparable to the Gallagher for Girard trade would be something along the lines of Landeskog for Werenski - and in that case I absolutely would.

Hold your horses. Werenski had previous bests of 47 pts and 44. He had 41 in 63 games this past year with 20 goals bud. That prorates to 53 pts and 26 goals. Girard's best season is this past year and his prorated numbers of 40 pts and 5 goals don't stack up well. Werenski also has size and skates very well too.

Girard is not at Werenki's level yet. Might not ever get there. Especially in the goal scoring department. 20 goals for D man is rare!

Domi signed for 7 years at a good AAV for Landeskog as a UFA is a better comparison when you look at Girard vs Gallagher. I think you get the point.

Am I allowed to group all Avs fans into your opinion and call you all ridiculous? :sarcasm: Girard is not like Werenski. I think you need to rethink that one

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
has been since Bergevin got there. or I guess you must be happy with his 5 year plan..

More like a roller coaster ride. Bergevin trended very badly for a few seasons but he's been much better in the last few seasons. Has a lot of work to do but the trades he has made have been unreal. Our prospect pool is deep with both quality and quantity and will get even better after the next draft.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
At the TDL there was a lot of talk between MTL and COL but the names at the time were Tatar, Petry and Domi from MTL and Graves/Timmins on the Avs side from the few speculations. Unsurprisingly MB doesn't have it in him to make any big trades so he backed down but I wouldn't be shocked to see some rumors continue into the offseason.

Clearly though it wont include guys like Girard and likely not Gally.

Yeah it wouldn’t surprise me at all to see a trade between MTL and COL during the off-season. They seem to be decent trade partners, and the Canadiens are in a rebuild. I’d be interested in Domi especially, I think he’d fit well in the Avs system.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
assuming prospects work out. that being said, Habs are what a top ten prospect pool. it's nice to live in the world of prospects but winning and making the playoffs is my benchmark. something Bergevin has not been able to do. it's easy to suck and sell quality players and get prospects and picks. by the time any of the prospects are ready the core of this Habs team will be gone or on downside of career. I personally love what Bergevin has done but if he was my GM I'd have wanted him fired long ago

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Hold your horses. Werenski had previous bests of 47 pts and 44. He had 41 in 63 games this past year with 20 goals bud. That prorates to 53 pts and 26 goals. Girard's best season is this past year and his prorated numbers of 40 pts and 5 goals don't stack up well. Werenski also has size and skates very well too.

Girard is not at Werenki's level yet. Might not ever get there. Especially in the goal scoring department. 20 goals for D man is rare!

Domi signed for 7 years at a good AAV for Landeskog as a UFA is a better comparison when you look at Girard vs Gallagher. I think you get the point.

Am I allowed to group all Avs fans into your opinion and call you all ridiculous? :sarcasm: Girard is not like Werenski. I think you need to rethink that one

Girard isn't at Werenski's level and there's a good chance he'll never get there. But Gallagher doesn't bring as much compared to Landeskog either - neither does Domi and you know that just as well. You used Landeskog as an example to Gallagher's importance to the team, I found a comparable to Landeskog that would similar to Gallagher for Girard.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

And Landeskog just had a 75 point season in 73 games and was on a 65 point pace again this year. A significantly better player then Gallagher in the same way Werenski is much better than Girard.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Girard isn't at Werenski's level and there's a good chance he'll never get there. But Gallagher doesn't bring as much compared to Landeskog either - neither does Domi and you know that just as well. You used Landeskog as an example to Gallagher, I found a comparable to Landeskog that would similar to Gallagher for Girard.

Gallagher is on par with Landeskog in terms of value. Very close Just cause Landeskog has more points, it don't mean he is the better player. Gallagher plays with Tatar and Danault and you know who Landeskog plays with.

The main point? Gallagher means just as much to the Habs as Landeskog to the Avs.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

If Landeskog was actually the caliber of player Gallagher is yes in an instant.

But Landeskog is a better player than Gallagher and Girard a better player than Domi.

You're painting a painfully obvious picture of just how much of a bias you have towards Habs players with these comparables though.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Gallagher is on par with Landeskog in terms of value. Very close Just cause Landeskog has more points, it don't mean he is the better player. Gallagher plays with Tatar and Danault and you know who Landeskog plays with.

The main point? Gallagher means just as much to the Habs as Landeskog to the Avs.

Well, there's no point continuing this discussion if you think Gallagher's value is on par with Landeskog. Feel free to make a poll, because you're out for lunch on this one.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
And Landeskog just had a 75 point season in 73 games and was on a 65 point pace again this year. A significantly better player then Gallagher in the same way Werenski is much better than Girard.

Yeah, Tatar/Danault is the same as MacKinnon/Rantanen. Do you know who got more pts 5/5 this year? Do you think it's fair to compare Landeskog on the Avs PP to Gallagher on the Habs PP?

ElPrimeTime

Dec 23, 2014
Edmonton, AB
From conversations with one of my friends who is Habs fan, Gallagher's value to the team far exceeds his actual value, thus making him close to an untouchable from their perspective. My friend has indicated that he is more willing to give up more highly valued players instead of Gallagher. So while the value of the trade in a vacuum favors the Habs, they will never openly want to trade Gallagher unless he demands a trade himself or indicates he will not re-sign.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014

It's more ridiculous to compare Domi to Landeskog than Girard to Werenski. You could've put an effort to find a similar dman to Girard instead of picking a player which somehow will just show both fanbases their bias while also not taking into account needs for both teams.

As for calling us all ridiculous there are some Habs fans trying to sell Domi as a 72pts player when he has done it once where his norm is looking more of a 50pts player. Do we call Habs fans ridiculous for that ?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If Landeskog was actually the caliber of player Gallagher is yes in an instant.

But Landeskog is a better player than Gallagher and Girard a better player than Domi.

You're painting a painfully obvious picture of just how much of a bias you have towards Habs players with these comparables though.

Girard is not better than Domi and Landeskog is not better than Gallagher. These are very close conversations. You are pumping up Avs and deflating Habs.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
From conversations with one of my friends who is Habs fan, Gallagher's value to the team far exceeds his actual value, this making him close to an untouchable from their perspective. My friend has indicated that he is more willing to give up more highly valued players instead of Gallagher. So while the value of the trade in a vacuum favors the Habs, they will never openly want to trade Gallagher unless he demands a trade himself or indicates he will not re-sign.

Some Avs fans (not all) don't think Gallagher means as much to the Habs as Landeskog to the Avs. Total BS

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Girard is not better than Domi and Landeskog is not better than Gallagher. These are very close conversations. You are pumping up Avs and deflating Habs.
You're free to open up a poll. That will be interesting unless if you're waiting NHLPA for the results :sarcasm:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It's more ridiculous to compare Domi to Landeskog than Girard to Werenski. You could've put an effort to find a similar dman to Girard instead of picking a player which somehow will just show both fanbases their bias while also not taking into account needs for both teams.

As for calling us all ridiculous there are some Habs fans trying to sell Domi as a 72pts player when he has done it once where his norm is looking more of a 50pts player. Do we call Habs fans ridiculous for that ?

Not comparing Domi to Landeskog. I''m Comparing Domi to Girard and Gallagher to Landeskog.

Girard should not be compared to Werenski. That is inflating Girard's ceiling potential to proven stats which is not the case. He's good but not that good. Just proves that some Avs fans over value Girard. Not all but some

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad