Proposal: COL/MTL: S. Girard for B. Gallagher?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Show me that post please - because nobody said that.

Plus I enjoy how you conveniently stop replying to my posts once you can't think of a rebuttal. It's already happened twice in this thread.

Within the last page or two I am sure. I stop replying to your posts? Don't you realize how my notification replies are out of control with all you Avs fans ganging up on me lol. Give me a break "you don't reply to my post". Over sensitive or what?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
price is a top ten goalie and no longer elite. your habs coloured glasses are showing

Stats due to team accomplishments vs ability. NHLPA and Management don't see it the way you do. Fact. Don't agree that Price will be team Canada's goalie yet again at the next Olympics?

Player quote from the poll... "I know his stats have slipped a bit with the Habs but that guy can just bring it. Game 7, I'm taking Price"

Pens: "No way we want to face the Habs (ranked 23) in a 3 game serious. Price can steal away a game or two and were out".

Just giving you evidence that supports my opinion.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Two debates there. Player value and what each player means to their team. The latter is the main point
The latter is your main point because you said that Landeskog isn't better than Gallagher. If you wanna say that you wouldn't trade Gallagher for Landy because of what he means to your team that's fine but I think Landy is better than Gallagher.

Girard is not better than Domi and Landeskog is not better than Gallagher. These are very close conversations. You are pumping up Avs and deflating Habs.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The latter is your main point because you said that Landeskog isn't better than Gallagher. If you wanna say that you wouldn't trade Gallagher for Landy because of what he means to your team that's fine but I think Landy is better than Gallagher.

Two items at play like I said. The main point was my original point and the Gallagher vs Landeskog was a side conversation after the fact cause someone told me Landeskog was better and I said that was debatable. My original point skewed a bit

You try having a conversation all at once with 12 Avs fans lol.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
Stats vs ability. NHLPA and Management don't see it the way you do. Fact
I surrender. it is clear that even if ten people disagree with you, you will stick to your rose coloured Habs glasses. you lost me with your support of Bergevin. Clearly you continue to drink his purple Koolaid pants. I would personally say Price being the starter is an indication of weak goaltending on teambCanada and not so much on Price. that being said, I'm still not convinced he will be the starter at the next Olympics

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Oh my that's awful for the Avs.

Girard isnt going anywhere with that beauty contract. And not just that, but there are +'s added with Girard???

Hmmm I'm no Avs fan but that is just terrible

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I surrender. it is clear that even if ten people disagree with you, you will stick to your rose coloured Habs glasses. you lost me with your support of Bergevin. Clearly you continue to drink his purple Koolaid pants. I would personally say Price being the starter is an indication of weak goaltending on teambCanada and not so much on Price. that being said, I'm still not convinced he will be the starter at the next Olympics

Hey, I'm open to talk and have a debate/conversation. In my opinion, I gave you solid reasons to support my opinion. I'm ok with a disagreement but not OK with childish temper tantrums

You are allowed to not agree. I'm not going to make fun of you unless you do that to me ;).

Oh, and you either replied too early or missed some other points in that post.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Within the last page or two I am sure. I stop replying to your posts? Don't you realize how my notification replies are out of control with all you Avs fans ganging up on me lol. Give me a break "you don't reply to my post". Over sensitive or what?

You got any hockey substance to talk about? If not, I'm not engaging in insults. I am allowed to have an opinion that you don't have to agree with

Oh the irony :laugh:

I still haven't found one post that shows Avs fan saying Girard is equal to Werenski - if you want to make those statements you should be able to find it.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Two items at play like I said. The main point was my original point and the Gallagher vs Landeskog was a side conversation after the fact cause someone told me Landeskog was better and I said that was debatable. My original point skewed a bit

You try having a conversation all at once with 12 Avs fans lol.
Don't give up though !
LinedPleasantDodo-small.gif

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
You cannot just assume a new contract for Gallagher. His value as it stands right now is a player 1 year out from UFA.

and even still, one guy plays a much more premium position and is 6 years younger

Montreal says yes to this trade but it's not simple to make. You're severely underrating Gallagher's impact and he almost certainly resigns a fair contract with Montreal. Team offense takes a huge hit without Gallagher, I'm not bored enough to dig for the graphics I've seen (Marc Dumont posted an article a while back) but there's few players league wide that improve their linemates' play at the rate Gallagher does

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Oh the irony :laugh:

I still haven't found one post that shows Avs fan saying Girard is equal to Werenski - if you want to make those statements you should be able to find it.

I don't have to. You seem to have a problem with it but I'm not lieing. If you want to find it, it's not difficult. It's the the last page or two but the comments are comming in fast so maybe 3 pages.

Maybe it was you who said it which is why you are acting this way? Do you think I twisted what you said?

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
Hey, I'm open to talk and have a debate/conversation. In my opinion, I gave you solid reasons to support my opinion. I'm ok with a disagreement but not OK with childish temper tantrums

You are allowed to not agree. I'm not going to make fun of you unless you do that to me ;).

Oh, and you either replied too early or missed some other points in that post.
childish tantrums. I was simply pointing out what I felt was your stubbornness and continous support of all things Habs against everyone who had an opposing view. as for the koolaid comments, call it childish I simply feel Bergevin is a bad GM yet you seem happy with him which seems to me as a very odd position to take and I'm guessing over 50 percent of Habs fans would be happy to see Bergevin gone.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
There is a common flaw in a fans. They see the best season their player had, think he will be that player again and ergo that is his value. For Flyers fan the obvious example is Ghost. There are a bunch of flyers fan that overrate what is current value is.

For Montreal fan the comedy is how they don't do this for one player. They do this for half the team.

So the comments go along the lines
Price is elite and will be very good at 38.
Weber is a 1.
Petry should be resigned at 33 because he will he the exception to the 35+ d graveyard.
Drouin has great chemistry with Domi even though every year Drouin had put up a horse manure month in which he looks as lost as a goose in a snow storm.
Drouin and Armia downfall in second half this year is all about injuries and not the player.
Domi is closer to the 70 point player season he had one year and not the 50 point seasons he had the rest of his career. Double points to the MTL fan who says who cares about seasons he didn't have in MTL.
Domi and Danault is better than Cirelli
Domi= Girard
Gallagher=Landeskog
Byron will score 20 again.
Mete is a number 4 defenseman and would be a valuable asset to the Lightning in a trade for Serge.

Now some may turn out. Give Domi a 1 year deal. Hope he can play because in a panademic. No one is trading for a type 1 diabetes player and see what happens. But all of them sure won't

And if all of the above are true favoring MTL I ask one question. How are they closer to Ottawa than the top 7 seeds in the east?

And it just makes me ROFL every time.

Reactions: Patagonia

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
I love Gallagher, but Landeskog has more value...

I think that's definitely up for debate. Landeskog has the glimmer of being a higher pick and a bigger body, but their production hasn't exactly been worlds apart and Landeskog has fairly consistently had better players around him. I don't know enough about Landeskog's two way game to comment on that

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I don't have to. You seem to have a problem with it but I'm not lieing. If you want to find it, it's not difficult. It's the the last page or two but the comments are comming in fast so maybe 3 pages.

Maybe it was you who said it which is why you are acting this way? Do you think I twisted what you said?

Ah I get it, there's a Avs fan who think Girard is equal to Werenski just like theres a Habs fan that thinks Gallagher is equal to McDavid. Gotcha. I'm sure it's in the last few pages, not difficult to find.

I know I didn't say it, so that's why i'm asking.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
Way to sensitive you are. Didn't say you directly took a childish tantrum. More of a general comment
hmm, you directly quote me with the first two words being childish tantrums. you then say you didnt directly say I make childish tantrums. that's some fine dancing

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
There is a common flaw in a fans. They see the best season their player had, think he will be that player again and ergo that is his value. For Flyers fan the obvious example is Ghost. There are a bunch of flyers fan that overrate what is current value is.

For Montreal fan the comedy is how they don't do this for one player. They do this for half the team.

So the comments go along the lines
Price is elite and will be very good at 38.
Weber is a 1.
Petry should be resigned at 33 because he will he the exception to the 35+ d graveyard.
Drouin has great chemistry with Domi even though every year Drouin had put up a horse manure month in which he looks as lost as a goose in a snow storm.
Drouin and Armia downfall in second half this year is all about injuries and not the player.
Domi is closer to the 70 point player season he had one year and not the 50 point seasons he had the rest of his career. Double points to the MTL fan who says who cares about seasons he didn't have in MTL.
Domi and Danault is better than Cirelli
Domi= Girard
Gallagher=Landeskog
Byron will score 20 again.
Mete is a number 4 defenseman and would be a valuable asset to the Lightning in a trade for Serge.

Now some may turn out. Give Domi a 1 year deal. Hope he can play because in a panademic. No one is trading for a type 1 diabetes player and see what happens. But all of them sure won't

And if all of the above are true favoring MTL I ask one question. How are they closer to Ottawa than the top 7 seeds in the east?

And it just makes me ROFL every time.

I don't think it's fair to group Habs fans like that. We are a huge fan base and you will see lots of different opinions. Go to the Habs board... you need thick skin! lol. Just cause you see a lot of Habs post, it don't mean we all think that way.

Lots of people don't agree with some of my opinions. Sometimes I'm right and sometimes I'm wrong. But I've been watching hockey since 86 so I've been around and I know a few things. Still learning new things every day though.

Same can be said for a lot of posters on HF boards. I think the Belittle Hero concept is a problem on social media. More focus at trying to twist and make fun than having general conversations like you would face/face.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
I still find it fascinating that Girard shows up in so many Habs trade proposals.

The 22 year old Avs dman, who led the team in ESTOI and who still hasn’t started his new 7 year deal...

Why on earth would this guy be even in consideration for being moved unless the trade was an absolute slam dunk value-wise?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Ah I get it, there's a Avs fan who think Girard is equal to Werenski just like theres a Habs fan that thinks Gallagher is equal to McDavid. Gotcha. I'm sure it's in the last few pages, not difficult to find.

I know I didn't say it, so that's why i'm asking.

I doubt there is a Habs fans that thinks Gallagher is equal to McDavid. Don't think you brought up a good analogy. Let me find that thread for you before I leave for the day. Cause It sure seems like you have a problem with it.

Edit: Post 205. It was you so my suspicion was correct. You are probably going to say Gallagher is not the same as Landeskog so that's why Girard vs Werenski was used. Sure, but that means my point went over your head.

Gallagher is on Landeskog's level. You can say edge to Landeskog but that is a debate. Landeskog getting more points but not so sure that's fair based on who both of these players play with. Take away Landeskog's PP points and Gallagher is on par or better.

Girard is not even close to Werekski. Even if you think Landeskog is better than Gallagher.

In summery, my main point went over your head. It was about how Gallagher means to the Habs and how that compares to Landeskog to the Avs. Both are UFA after one more year I believe. Then I used Domi and Girard... closest I could come up with with what the Habs have that compares to Girard

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I still find it fascinating that Girard shows up in so many Habs trade proposals.

The 22 year old Avs dman, who led the team in ESTOI and who still hasn’t started his new 7 year deal...

Why on earth would this guy be even in consideration for being moved unless the trade was an absolute slam dunk value-wise?

Cause he is from Quebec, we traded two 2nd's to get Shaw (where Eller was traded) and many Habs fans wanted us to draft Girard but we had no 2nd that draft.

We like Girard a lot but some more than others. I'm a big fan but I don't value him higher than Gallagher with a 6 year extension. Gallagher means too much to the Habs.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
I don't think it's fair to group Habs fans like that. We are a huge fan base and you will see lots of different opinions. Go to the Habs board... you need thick skin! lol. Just cause you see a lot of Habs post, it don't mean we all think that way.

Lots of people don't agree with some of my opinions. Sometimes I'm right and sometimes I'm wrong. But I've been watching hockey since 86 so I've been around and I know a few things. Still learning new things every day though.

Same can be said for a lot of posters on HF boards. I think the Belittle Hero concept is a problem on social media. More focus at trying to twist and make fun than having general conversations like you would face/face.
And every fan base has their oddities. (generalities not every fan of course)
Col fan want to trade Jost and Z.
Tor loves every shiny new toy (lets get Alex P and forget about 21 cap)
Phi Hagg is worse than an echl d-man.
Buffalo- If only the coach didn't play BOGO they had a shot of making the playoffs.

Its funny and some I get (Toronto fan wants great players um NO DUH).

But Montreal fan in general looks at the highest possible value of their player. If double digits example is not enough to prove, I don't know what is.

Reactions: Meeqs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad