Rumor: COL - CBJ May Make Trade Today

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Does the Tyutin buy-out clear up your cap issues or do you still need to move someone else?

It takes the heavy pressure off, but we'd still be well served to make another move. That said, we're at the point now where we don't have to worry about selling low.

* * *​
I don't think you understand how good Tyson Barrie is. He's certainly no cap dump.

:biglaugh:
hatsoff.gif

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I hate how people can fool others into thinking they are credible just by tweeting crap like that. Let me try:

The Dallas Stars MAY make a trade with FC Schalke 04 today. Could be good! Huntelaar could be Dallas' new striker. Could be bad... cold spaghetti for dinner. #insider.

HtG

May 13, 2016
Sleep tight pupper
I hate how people can fool others into thinking they are credible just by tweeting crap like that. Let me try:

The Dallas Stars MAY make a trade with FC Schalke 04 today. Could be good! Huntelaar could be Dallas' new striker. Could be bad... cold spaghetti for dinner. #insider.

Hmm interesting do you think there would be any cap penalties for trading outside the league?

Clearly Schalke is clearing cap space for Stamkos.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Hmm interesting do you think there would be any cap penalties for trading outside the league?

Clearly Schalke is clearing cap space for Stamkos.

As long as Dallas pays Jan's transfer fee I don't see a problem.

In all seriousness with the Jackets... I would take Hartnell on the Devils but the Jackets would have to retain which I think they would.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Watching Johnson play does not give me any reason to believe that his numbers on paper aren't reflective of his productiveness on-ice.

Have you ever watched Jack play other than against your favorite team, and international tournaments? I assume you just look at his advanced stats, just like 95% of HF.

He's not perfect, he's not great. He's a very solid top 4 defenseman who can contribute on the PP and can fill in on the PK if needed. He gets such a bad reputation for such a good guy, and he's a heck of an athlete too. It's disgusting.

member 202355

Have you ever watched Jack play other than against your favorite team, and international tournaments? I assume you just look at his advanced stats, just like 95% of HF.

I watch every player, and that includes Jack Johnson. Not even half of the members on this site look at advanced stats.

He's not perfect, he's not great. He's a very solid top 4 defenseman who can contribute on the PP and can fill in on the PK if needed. He gets such a bad reputation for such a good guy, and he's a heck of an athlete too. It's disgusting.

He's a bottom-pairing defenseman who should avoid playing even-strength minutes as much as possible. He is a heck of an athlete, but not a heck of a hockey player.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I watch every player, and that includes Jack Johnson. Not even half of the members on this site look at advanced stats.

He's a bottom-pairing defenseman who should avoid playing even-strength minutes as much as possible. He is a heck of an athlete, but not a heck of a hockey player.

Absurd.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
I'd like to see Erik and Jack Johnson in Colorado. Then you can have Erik cover up for Jacks stupid mistakes and Beauchimin could take some edge off of Barrie's riverboat gambler style.

Pual Statsny

Overpaid, overrated
Jul 22, 2010
Awesometown
AJ writes for BSN, solid journalist, just providing some rumors. Covered the Varlamov trial extensively and well.

PS: NEB only has the power you give him/her, everyone.

lindroshomer

Jan 21, 2016
Ontario
Anyone on the CBJ roster who's cap hit is more than the actual cash payout? A salary cap floor and/or budget team might take on?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad