Rumor: COL - CBJ May Make Trade Today

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Got the "no", didn't get the why.

Let's see...the Avs don't need Milano, they have Duchene, MacKinnon, Soderberg, and now Jost down the middle, and the Avs DO desperately need what Zadorov could become. Johnson is not even close to good enough as a defender to risk losing Zadorov.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
Let's see...the Avs don't need Milano, they have Duchene, MacKinnon, Soderberg, and now Jost down the middle, and the Avs DO desperately need what Zadorov could become. Johnson is not even close to good enough as a defender to risk losing Zadorov.

Milano is a winger.

Zadorov could become a top 4 dman, or he could continue to be what he is.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Milano is a winger.

Zadorov could become a top 4 dman, or he could continue to be what he is.

So why do you want Zadorov then?

Avs want Zadorov way more than they want either of those guys and trying to downplay what Zadorov can become does nothing for negotiations.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
You're obviously uninformed, he's a fledgling beat writer with actual NHL media credentials with the Avs, what you're saying borders on slander

His 'comments in the past' were that Radulov hadn't signed with the KHL. Last I checked? That's a correct statement lol

I'm sorry if you are friends with him or something but you can't continually make Eklund-esque statements and have none of them come true and make me take you seriously.

I understand he is a beat writer with credentials, I eluded to that in my original post. That doesn't mean he doesn't throw out some click bait here and there.

He posted something earlier this year about how there were going be "big changes" and "nobody feels safe" and all we got was Greg Sherman fired a few days later.

He posted something else about how we were shopping Mitchell and McCleod at the draft, nothing happened.

Then he posts some random thing about us and CLB potential working on deal when no one else is reporting anything. And could you be any more vague in your tweet. Very Eklund. Make sure that if you're wrong you can easily backtrack.

That's great that he has "Credentials" but you have to get some right here and there if you want me to take you seriously.

I was willing to give him a chance to prove that he has "sources" but so far I found him to be the Avs version of Eklund, very vague and non-committal. Get a few things right and I'll start to listen. So basically I want him to prove me wrong, because it would be nice to have an "insider" for the Avs.

innocuous octopus

Sep 25, 2008
I'm sorry if you are friends with him or something but you can't continually make Eklund-esque statements and have none of them come true and make me take you seriously.

I understand he is a beat writer with credentials, I eluded to that in my original post. That doesn't mean he doesn't throw out some click bait here and there.

He posted something earlier this year about how there were going be "big changes" and "nobody feels safe" and all we got was Greg Sherman fired a few days later.

He posted something else about how we were shopping Mitchell and McCleod at the draft, nothing happened.

Then he posts some random thing about us and CLB potential working on deal when no one else is reporting anything. And could you be any more vague in your tweet. Very Eklund. Make sure that if you're wrong you can easily backtrack.

That's great that he has "Credentials" but you have to get some right here and there if you want me to take you seriously.

I was willing to give him a chance to prove that he has "sources" but so far I found him to be the Avs version of Eklund, very vague and non-committal. Get a few things right and I'll start to listen. So basically I want him to prove me wrong, because it would be nice to have an "insider" for the Avs.

thanks for writing everything i was thinking so i didn't have to

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
Smart GMs call Chia and Sakic.

The smartest GM calls them back to back

The most Sakic has gotten burned was by trading for Stuart and Berra. He got an amazing return for ROR. Not sure where this "omg Sakic is lol bad, silly lolorado" comes from.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

Just going to start calling you Skip Bayless because of all your hot takes...

-He/BSN were the first to say that Lindholm and Boikov would be signed to their ELC's after the World Championships--they were right.

-He/BSN were saying that Compher would get done (as many Avs fans were fearing he'd just return to Michigan for his Senior year and leave via UFA)...he even got Greg Sherman to give him a direct quote of "We'll get it done" when he asked about Compher.

-After acquiring Gelinas, he/BSN continually said that Holden would be moved in the off season, and it happened.

-Oh, and BSN had reported the QO's to MacKinnon/Barrie/Pickard/Siemens/Grigorenko about 20 minutes before the Avs officially announced them.

How many things do he/they have to get right before they've "proven you wrong"?

I get being skeptical, but we also have to remember that teams talk trades quite often, not all of them are going to come true.

Oh, and even though I was someone who once bashed them, it's funny to see you put "Credentials" (in quotation marks and all)...they have a Media Credential, they're at press conferences and all. As someone who's talked with AJ privately, I have a much better understanding of what they do now, as opposed to when I'd previously made those (now incorrect) remarks.
So that's news items involving 4 names

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Just going to start calling you Skip Bayless because of all your hot takes...

-He/BSN were the first to say that Lindholm and Boikov would be signed to their ELC's after the World Championships--they were right.

-He/BSN were saying that Compher would get done (as many Avs fans were fearing he'd just return to Michigan for his Senior year and leave via UFA)...he even got Greg Sherman to give him a direct quote of "We'll get it done" when he asked about Compher.

-After acquiring Gelinas, he/BSN continually said that Holden would be moved in the off season, and it happened.

-Oh, and BSN had reported the QO's to MacKinnon/Barrie/Pickard/Siemens/Grigorenko about 20 minutes before the Avs officially announced them.

How many things do he/they have to get right before they've "proven you wrong"?

I get being skeptical, but we also have to remember that teams talk trades quite often, not all of them are going to come true.

Oh, and even though I was someone who once bashed them, it's funny to see you put "Credentials" (in quotation marks and all)...they have a Media Credential, they're at press conferences and all. As someone who's talked with AJ privately, I have a much better understanding of what they do now, as opposed to when I'd previously made those (now incorrect) remarks.
So that's news items involving 4 names

Good I'm glad you've personal conversations with BSN, and I know they have credentials. But just because you vouch for them doesn't mean jack to me because I don't know you and I don't know them. So why should I take your word? Just because you said so?

All the stuff you mentioned as to them breaking the news is just BS. Everything you listed was broken by multiple sources within 20-30 minutes of each other. Not exactly hot scoops that they are breaking. They were just quick about posting it.

They can't continue to make tweets like today's, and not back them up. This will be the third time in about a month that they posted something and nothing happened, cause I'll be shocked if we make a trade with CLB in the next day or so. If they want me to take them serious this is the kind of tweet that needs to come true. Not breaking something like a signing that every outlet has within 20 minutes.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Good I'm glad you've personal conversations with BSN, and I know they have credentials. But just because you vouch for them doesn't mean jack to me because I don't know you and I don't know them. So why should I take your word? Just because you said so?

All the stuff you mentioned as to them breaking the news is just BS. Everything you listed was broken by multiple sources within 20-30 minutes of each other. Not exactly hot scoops that they are breaking. They were just quick about posting it.

They can't continue to make tweets like today's, and not back them up. This will be the third time in about a month that they posted something and nothing happened, cause I'll be shocked if we make a trade with CLB in the next day or so. If they want me to take them serious this is the kind of tweet that needs to come true. Not breaking something like a signing that every outlet has within 20 minutes.

Being "quick about posting it" would be more apt if they were within 5ish minutes of the other places giving the news...on Lindholm/Boikov they said they were signing well over a week before they were officially announced. On Holden, they'd said right after Gelinas was traded for that Holden would be on his way out in the summer, and it was a narrative he/they continued saying that since the off season started. On the QO names, they were a full 20 minutes ahead of the Avs.

But keep on with your ridiculous hot-takes there, Skip.

(I get being skeptical at tweets and such, I wish AJ hadn't posted this today, but maybe he got info that backed it up...how else do you think he got those QO names out before the Avs released it? But to say he/BSN have to "prove you wrong" is ridiculous--they've already been ahead of news for Avs fans, regardless of you trying to shift the goalposts)

Last edited:

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Being "quick about posting it" would be more apt if they were within 5ish minutes of the other places giving the news...on Lindholm/Boikov they said they were signing well over a week before they were officially announced. On Holden, they'd said right after Gelinas was traded for that Holden would be on his way out in the summer, and it was a narrative he/they continued saying that since the off season started. On the QO names, they were a full 20 minutes ahead of the Avs.

But keep on with your ridiculous hot-takes there, Skip.

(I get being skeptical at tweets and such, I wish AJ hadn't posted this today, but maybe he got info that backed it up...how else do you think he got those QO names out before the Avs released it? But to say he/BSN have to "prove you wrong" is ridiculous--they've already been ahead of news for Avs fans, regardless of you trying to shift the goalposts)

I'll give them props on guys like Boikov/Lindholm etc. I'd expect our guys to have that news quick as they are B rate prospects that the national media could give two ***** about.

I don't remember them saying anything about Holden but if that's the case good for them.

I'm sorry but dropping the QO's 20 minutes before the Avs doesn't impress me. A day maybe, but 20 minutes big whoop, that's not mind blowing. Every media outlet had that news quick, BSN just had their guys on it slightly quicker. Even Chambers had that news quick.

Even you admit that posting this tweet was not best choice, unless he knew there was like a 99% chance of it happening. This will be the 3rd time within the last month that he has posted something Eklund like, where it's completely vague and non-committal (this incident, the one about McCleod and Mitchell being shopped at the draft and nothing happening, and the one about how there were going to be big changes and no one feels safe etc. and all that happened was Sherman getting the axe a few days later)

You have to see why us normal fans, who don't know the guy, could start not trusting his tweets or at least taking them with a grain of salt. When we see 3 times in one month of him not being right it doesn't help his credibility. He needs to be a little more careful about what he tweets.

Like I said a month ago I was willing to give the guy a chance because I knew he had media credentials, so far I'm not super impressed.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Johnson
Milano

For

Zadorov
Mitchell

Nice but not very helpful for us. We're not ready to give up on Milano, and JJ's one of the few vet defensemen we have; Zadorov (from what I've heard) seems to still be a bit of a developing project, and we've got enough of those to worry about. The cap space savings is nice, but that doesn't justify it IMO.

Basically it seems to be both teams trading young guys they already have lots of that they don't need in exchange for guys they don't particularly have a desire to move. We're willing to take the risk with Milano, and Colorado presumably has no problem with taking any risk with Zadorov what with their blueline needs.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I'll give them props on guys like Boikov/Lindholm etc. I'd expect our guys to have that news quick as they are B rate prospects that the national media could give two ***** about.

I don't remember them saying anything about Holden but if that's the case good for them.

I'm sorry but dropping the QO's 20 minutes before the Avs doesn't impress me. A day maybe, but 20 minutes big whoop, that's not mind blowing. Every media outlet had that news quick, BSN just had their guys on it slightly quicker. Even Chambers had that news quick.

Even you admit that posting this tweet was not best choice, unless he knew there was like a 99% chance of it happening. This will be the 3rd time within the last month that he has posted something Eklund like, where it's completely vague and non-committal (this incident, the one about McCleod and Mitchell being shopped at the draft and nothing happening, and the one about how there were going to be big changes and no one feels safe etc. and all that happened was Sherman getting the axe a few days later)

You have to see why us normal fans, who don't know the guy, could start not trusting his tweets or at least taking them with a grain of salt. When we see 3 times in one month of him not being right it doesn't help his credibility. He needs to be a little more careful about what he tweets.

Like I said a month ago I was willing to give the guy a chance because I knew he had media credentials, so far I'm not super impressed.

I have nothing kind to say about the rest of your post here, but I suppose that's because we're seeing this from different POV's, and instead of starting an argument, I'd like to focus on one point you made--

He/BSN never mentioned McLeod as a name to watch--you made that up. They specifically honed in on Mitchell, Holden, and Gormley (he mentioned Siemens, as well, but even us Avs fans have thought it possible he's swapped out for a forward prospect). Mitchell was shopped (and shopped hard), and continues to be shopped; there was a Gormley deal in place, but it fell apart when it came time to consummate the deal; and Holden was traded after the draft ended...I think you're just expecting way too much out of this (on top of just randomly making up a name and saying he put them on the trade block).

As such, I've said my piece. I think you're being a bit too unfair with them, if he/BSN really wanted to be like Eklund, they'd be posting every single whisper/rumor they hear...but they don't do that (and there's been a s**t ton more stuff they've not posted this off season), but it's whatever. Read and believe what they/he posts or don't. It's no skin off my back.

Last edited:

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I have nothing kind to say about the rest of your post here, but I suppose that's because we're seeing this from different POV's, and instead of starting an argument, I'd like to focus on one point you made--

He/BSN never mentioned McLeod as a name to watch--you made that up. They specifically honed in on Mitchell, Holden, and Gormley (he mentioned Siemens, as well, but even us Avs fans have thought it possible he's swapped out for a forward prospect). Mitchell was shopped (and shopped hard), and continues to be shopped; there was a Gormley deal in place, but it fell apart when it came time to consummate the deal; and Holden was traded after the draft ended...I think you're just expecting way too much out of this (on top of just randomly making up a name and saying he put them on the trade block).

As such, I've said my piece. I think you're being a bit too unfair with them, if he/BSN really wanted to be like Eklund, they'd be posting every single whisper/rumor they hear...but they don't do that (and there's been a s**t ton more stuff they've not posted this off season), but it's whatever. Read and believe what they/he posts or don't. It's no skin off my back.

Focusing on that, how do we know? No one outside of BSN has mentioned any of that stuff. Us everyday Joe's have no way of verifying what you are saying. You say Gormley was traded, but it fell apart last second how would any of us know that? How do I know that Mitchell is being shopped, I have heard no reports on this other than BSN mentioning it at the draft.

You're acting like I should know all this. When there is absolutely no way I would know any of this or have a way to verify what you are telling me is actually the case.

I might be being overly harsh but based off their past couple tweets I have the right to question them a bit as they've seen a little off. I don't think you are viewing this objectively, clearly AJ and BSN are your friends, and you are going to defend them. For me as the average fan I have to view everything skeptically as I don't get insider info like you and as of this moment the guys at BSN and AJ haven't earned my trust yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad