Rumor: COL - CBJ May Make Trade Today

Mad Brills*

makes sense.

Jackets have until tomorrow at 5 to buyout boll/tyutin.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Would be disappointed if Atkinson is traded

Trading Atkinson right now would be a mistake. We might lose him at the expansion draft, but he tied for the team lead in points this season.

Team needs to concoct a way to move Hartnell / Tyutin.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Would be disappointed if Atkinson is traded

Concur. I think moving him would almost inevitably be a serious mistake.

* * *​
Barrie for Jack Johnson and Clarkson with retained salary?

:biglaugh: yeah, I wish. Maybe we can get MacKinnon thrown in while we're at it. ;)

I don't see how that does anything useful for Colorado unless you're convinced Barrie wants Toews/Kane money, and even then it's a little over the top.

Bollski

Dec 29, 2015
lol yeah but how does it make sense for the Avs?

seems like Roy's "type" (constantly stating Avs need to be tougher to play against, etc.)

And for all the crap Hartnell gets on being old, he still is gonna average 20-25 goals a year. If the NMC doesn't need to be honored by the Avs, I think it'd be a good move for them. Plus as mentioned earlier, CBJ is likely to retain some $

Apr 9, 2009
USA
If clearing out a problem child like Barrie it is worth it. Especially if there is only 10M in salary coming back.

I don't think it's worth it with that Clarkson contract and a worse, older player coming back. Doesn't make any sense. I would fire the GM if he made that move.

HtG

May 13, 2016
Sleep tight pupper
seems like Roy's "type" (constantly stating Avs need to be tougher to play against, etc.)

And for all the crap Hartnell gets on being old, he still is gonna average 20-25 goals a year. If the NMC doesn't need to be honored by the Avs, I think it'd be a good move for them. Plus as mentioned earlier, CBJ is likely to retain some $

I think the NMC stays in place after a trade. But the club can always ask a player to waive just for expansion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad