Rumor: COL - CBJ May Make Trade Today

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
Not sure how or why JJ would make sense for the Avs given that they seem to hate Barrie for some reason.

They don't hate Barrie...quite the opposite...Barrie is looking for more money then they are willing to spend.

Bollski

Dec 29, 2015
I think the NMC stays in place after a trade. But the club can always ask a player to waive just for expansion.

hmm. New team doesn't have the option of honoring the NMC once it is waived? That was my understanding, but I'm not going to pretend I know the CBA by heart, I could be wrong

Bollski

Dec 29, 2015
If it's Atkinson I will officially be on team get rid of Jarmo

depends on the return, Atkinson is right now slated as a likely expansion draft loss, but we all seem to slowly be heading down towards that path with you

Avs425

Colorado MacKinnon
Jun 3, 2014
Saskatchewan
Super joe said on multiple occasions that if the avs were to get a Dman it would be via trade not free agency. Gotta think it would be a deal involving CBJ Dman. Would gladly take Atkinson, always liked that guy. Would think it would be a cap clearing move for CBJ so im guessing something around the John Mitchell sorts going back.

Be interesting to see if anything comes of it. Always see the two teams as good trade partners.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Does the Tyutin buy-out clear up your cap issues or do you still need to move someone else?

We're probably good now. But if we can trade Hartnell, I'm sure we'll still do it. It's just not a need anymore.

There's rumors Clarkson needs to be LTIR'd, maybe for the rest of his career, so if that's true then we get even more cap space once the season starts.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Super joe said on multiple occasions that if the avs were to get a Dman it would be via trade not free agency. Gotta think it would be a deal involving CBJ Dman. Would gladly take Atkinson, always liked that guy. Would think it would be a cap clearing move for CBJ so im guessing something around the John Mitchell sorts going back.

Be interesting to see if anything comes of it. Always see the two teams as good trade partners.

Then JJ makes sense. Or Savard, but I don't know if we would want to move Savard. Unless you count on a minor name like Goloubef or Prout going to Colorado as a positive.

Avs425

Colorado MacKinnon
Jun 3, 2014
Saskatchewan
Then JJ makes sense. Or Savard, but I don't know if we would want to move Savard. Unless you count on a minor name like Goloubef or Prout going to Colorado as a positive.

I agree on it either being jj or saverd and also agree that from a CBJ point of view you would not want to move savard What does jj have left on his contract?

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
I agree on it either being jj or saverd and also agree that from a CBJ point of view you would not want to move savard What does jj have left on his contract?

2 years left at 4.35 mill. No NMC or NTC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad