WWE: Cody Rhodes has asked for his release, Eden also

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- Eden's gone.

- The plan was for Cody to actually drop the "Stardust" character around Wrestlemania, where he began teasing it on social media, but Vince and HHH, mostly Vince according to Meltzer, decided that it wasn't going to happen.

- The company is screwing Cody and holding him to his contract despite releasing him, they're trying to make it hard for him to do anything with any other wrestling company.

- Cody's statement on Twitter got him heat, particularly the part of a head writer hitting on developmental divas (apparently, this one was a shot at Ryan Ward - used to write for NXT).

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
- Eden's gone.

- The plan was for Cody to actually drop the "Stardust" character around Wrestlemania, where he began teasing it on social media, but Vince and HHH, mostly Vince according to Meltzer, decided that it wasn't going to happen.

- The company is screwing Cody and holding him to his contract despite releasing him, they're trying to make it hard for him to do anything with any other wrestling company.

- Cody's statement on Twitter got him heat, particularly the part of a head writer hitting on developmental divas (apparently, this one was a shot at Ryan Ward - used to write for NXT).

I figured a non-compete clause is pretty much standard in any WWE contract by now. :dunno:

Didn't they go through this with Rey Mysterio too?

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI

Rey Mysterio's situation was worse. His contract actually ran out in May 2014, and Vince McMahon unilaterally extended it another year in order to prevent Mysterio from joining AAA and Lucha Underground. They were literally going to pay him $1 million just to spite him, and it escalated to the point that Mysterio stopped cashing their checks because he was going to sue them. They eventually got on better terms and were planning to do something from November 2014 through WrestleMania, but then McMahon lost interest and agreed to release him 9 months after his contract expired.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Might be me, but I was kind of cool on Eden as a ring announcer. Not enough though that I didn't think she should be doing it.

Name is escaping me at the moment, but the guy who does it NXT is the best one.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Might be me, but I was kind of cool on Eden as a ring announcer. Not enough though that I didn't think she should be doing it.

She was basically just doing a Lillian impression. WWE just wants everything to be a younger model cosmetically of the same old thing and that's it.

Bring back Chimel.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
The only thing that stood out for me with Eden was her saying KO's name. I liked that. I don't remember her botching like Lilian does.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
That sounds amazing

Will have to find a way to watch for him, as someone who has not been able to really watch new ROH stuff

Fa Ci La

Mar 2, 2012
god just imagine if Cody, accompanied with Eden, vs Shibata actually happen. just picture the hotness.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
I figured a non-compete clause is pretty much standard in any WWE contract by now. :dunno:

Mysterio was a whole 'nother level of ****ed.

More guys need to challenge those non-competes. Punk and ADR have successfully fought them. You can't put no compete on an independent contractor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad