WWE: Cody Rhodes has asked for his release, Eden also

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Cody was one of the few unique talents who could make anything work. His CAW years were dreadful but they were a work in progress -- he was only 22 at the time. Dashing Cody Rhodes, Disfigured Cody Rhodes, family man Cody Rhodes, Rhodes Scholar Cody Rhodes, Stardust...literally everything he did was gold after the CAW years. He was so unique, talented and versatile. WWE legitimately let one of those talented guys in their company (a homegrown one at that) slip through their fingers because of a broken system.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
He'll probably be back in a few years after testing the waters elsewhere and hopefully being successful wherever he goes

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Pretty accurate stuff from Rhodes regarding his ability to turn crap into gold. Pretty disheartening to learn how little regard WWE seemingly had for him. Best case scenario is probably the Christian route - go somewhere else, show that you were right all along and come back to a bigger push.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Pretty accurate stuff from Rhodes regarding his ability to turn crap into gold. Pretty disheartening to learn how little regard WWE seemingly had for him. Best case scenario is probably the Christian route - go somewhere else, show that you were right all along and come back to a bigger push.

....I hope not.

Christian didn't have much of a push when he came back.

If Cody follows that career arc, and has a, what, 24-hour title reign to look forward to when he comes back, then I hope he realizes it's not worth it.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
....I hope not.

Christian didn't have much of a push when he came back.

If Cody follows that career arc, and has a, what, 24-hour title reign to look forward to when he comes back, then I hope he realizes it's not worth it.

Christian was in a much better spot when he returned. Not as good as it should have been, but better than he would have gotten if he hadn't left. For Rhodes to even get one world title reign at the moment is inconceivable.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
**** this company.

The guy worked his ass off for a decade and not one guy wants to even listen to him and be what he was best at (and what everyone loved?)

**** all of them. Hopefully Cody's next company will treat him right.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Cody Rhodes, the once WWE drone who lambasted anyone on his twitter who said ill things about the company, got pissed off to the point he left the company. How toxic is that creative group?

Edit: He's not done with the business either by the sounds of it.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I firmly believe his statement that he would have worked in the WWE for free. You could tell the guy's dream was to work there. The fact that they wouldn't even listen to him is disgusting. WWE is such a **** run company. I believe Cody that they have some old perv more focused on hitting on divas then listening to a guy sell a story. And HHH's comment about actors in a play is just like telling Cody no. I think he definitely deserved a run. He was WWE title material IMO.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Cody Rhodes was so good in the Stardust role that he actually had people here believing that he actually ENJOYED playing the part just because he hated the idea of using his father's death be the reason for getting out of the gimmick.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Sad to see this happen to one of my favourite wrestlers. I knew he wasn't ok with the Stardust character, so it's unbelievably sad and infuriating to see how he was denied time and time again to just simply be Cody Rhodes.

Also, that part about the writer hitting on Divas is disgusting, albeit not surprising. I really hope somebody does a full on investigation into WWE and exposes things like that happening. Maybe some more negative publicity will finally get this company to change, though I doubt it.

All in all, after events like these, I keep wondering to myself, why do I bother with this company?

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
I'm sad to see people not into the Stardust gimmick. I think that's one of the most underrated characters in WWE history.

Rhodes could be the next AJ Styles. I really think this time off will be great for him.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I'm sad to see people not into the Stardust gimmick. I think that's one of the most underrated characters in WWE history.

Rhodes could be the next AJ Styles. I really think this time off will be great for him.

The problem is that the Stardust character is extremely limited in its entertainment potential in this day and age. Goldust's character got over and had entertainment value because he was able to push the envelope. Stardust was just a cartoon character villain gimmick and the one natural rival he was to have was never given the time of day to develop. I liked his rivalry with Green Arrow but everything else was just nothing. Cody Rhodes should've came back and should've been pushed to at least an IC or US title run.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I love Stardust, but it really is limited in use. There are a few really good stories you can do, but the money in the character is in the genesis and retirement. You can't really do anything in the middle that wasn't already done.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I was/am a huge Cody Rhodes fan. For a guy who was tired of his Stardust character, he sure put in the effort. I thought it was great, however, I liked Dashing Cody Rhodes better.

S A W F T*

Stardust was fun up until Summerslam last year. He was pretty funny for a few months.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Cody is 30 btw... he didn't leave WWE on bad terms. He can go to NJPW or somewhere for 2 years, make a hell of a living, and come back even hotter.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Cody is 30 btw... he didn't leave WWE on bad terms. He can go to NJPW or somewhere for 2 years, make a hell of a living, and come back even hotter.

Certainly seems like WWE doesn't care much for how he's leaving.

Sounds like Eden is getting the axe if Cody's cryptic tweets are real.

Last edited:

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Certainly seems like WWE doesn't care much for how he's leaving.

Sounds like Eden is getting the axe if Cody's cryptic tweets are real.

Yeah but to their credit, they generally swallow their pride on how guys leave and will bring them back if the talent has interest in returning and they have a place for them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad