WWE: Cody Rhodes has asked for his release, Eden also

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Can't imagine this NOT being a work. The guy is WWE blood. His father meant the world to NXT. I can't imagine this being real. Cody is a true professional - he wouldn't air that ****.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Maybe this is a way to kill off Stardust? PLEASE>

Exactly. He's been teasing the return of Cody Rhodes for a while.

I imagine WWE will release "Stardust" and then he'll return as Cody Rhodes and get the push he deserves.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
The way they dragged his brother through the mud for over a decade, and then put him through the same goofy shtick, I can imagine Cody getting fed up after a while.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
I seriously hope this is a work
Get Stardust off the TV for a while
And in a couple months have Cody come back

But isn't that his real Twitter
You'd think he'd post that on his different account if it was a work

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
I'd love a year or two of him in ROH and Japan. He's been one of my guilty favorites ever since he went became Stardust. That character is freaking amazing but WWE completely dropped the ball on it. Rhodes and Barrett are my two top picks being guys who would be killer on the independent scene for a year or two to raise their value.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
That sucks, there's a lot of untapped potential there, and has been for years. I know you lot liked Stardust (for some reason), but that was so ridiculously below his talent level.

Hopefully he keeps wrestling.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Don't think it's a work, that's his real account.

Wonder if he just wants to take the time off.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Can't blame him.

He had a really good thing going on Smackdown, against Mysterio. Became Stardust and they've ruined him ever since.

It's gotta suck having all this potential, but never getting TV time.

He was putting on some hilarious promos as Stardust.

What a shame WWE doesn't know what to do with talent.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I don't know. Unless WWE refused to let him switch back to Cody Rhodes, why would he?

He's been teasing the gimmick change up to this week.

:dunno: Just seems odd to me

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Stardust, while an excellent portrayal, has very limited ability to be used frequently and likely...increasingly difficult to write actual angles for. Cody, for whatever reason, seemed to be the guy in favour of keeping Stardust around and as a result, put a cap on his own potential.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Thems the breaks in the wrestling business especially when WWE is the only game in town. In the past he could of jumped to WCW or ECW and still been fresh.

After 10 years Cody was not going to be a main eventer. Good mid carder but the WWE has to bring in younger guys. If you can't become a superstar after 10 years someone else should get a shot. Lots of new faces from NXT that need TV time and pushes. If Cody did not want to be a jobber for the rest of his career good on him. Move on and make room for the next wave of stars.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I don't know. Unless WWE refused to let him switch back to Cody Rhodes, why would he?

He's been teasing the gimmick change up to this week.

:dunno: Just seems odd to me

Maybe life isn't all about wrestling for him and he has other interests he'd like to pursue.

Still, it's a shame. Of all the guys who get released and we say "wasted potential" this probably best applies to Cody.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Maybe life isn't all about wrestling for him and he has other interests he'd like to pursue.

Still, it's a shame. Of all the guys who get released and we say "wasted potential" this probably best applies to Cody.

Cody could have been one of the best in the game.

He had a good look. Great in the ring, and great on the mic. He's just a guy that can be your top heel, and considering the current heels, that is a huge waste.

In fact, Damien Sandow was an excellent heel as the Savior of the Masses. He was just released.

Wade Barrett, could have been a HUGE heel. Mega-Star Heel. Wasted.

The company seems so focused on pushing Roman Reigns, and the Women's Division that it is literally forgetting about everyone else. And I'm not as hard on Roman as others, but it's clear as day.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Cody was always a major WWE drone on twitter so i can't see it being a falling out.

Maybe his dad passing on took a bite out of his passion or something. Maybe he just wants to move on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad