WWE: Cody Rhodes has asked for his release, Eden also

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
That sucks, there's a lot of untapped potential there, and has been for years. I know you lot liked Stardust (for some reason), but that was so ridiculously below his talent level.

Hopefully he keeps wrestling.

I agree, he turned a dog **** gimmick into something pretty cool, his work with Stardust really showed how much talent he has. Another one gone to waste in WWE :(

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
True, he did it well enough to be that one kid's favourite wrestler, the one they "signed"....unless that whole story was fake. But I doubt it. :dunno:

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
I hope it's real, always bothered me to see such a talented and dedicated wrestler in such a miniscule role.
Interesting what did he mean when he posted "I grew up today".

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Considering the look of the rest of the account I wouldn't think it's a work. On top of that it might simply be a personal decision.

Regardless of what the reason is I'd say he looks to have been really wasted. I haven't watched wrestling in probably close to five years now. It was that bad then and now it looks notably worse than that. Last I saw of him he wearing the clear mask which was to an extent funny, but I felt they weren't getting the full potential out of him. I thought he rose to prominence too quickly along with the Di Biase kid, but then I think that often enough as was the case with Nexus back then. Anyway, I just thought was quite good in the ring and pretty good on the mic as well. Having a look at his Twitter account he looks to have the business and it's history down too. So for me he always had a lot of potential to be so much more than he was billed.

Anyway, I was checking out a few YouTube videos of late (nothing to do with Cody or that "era") and then following the draft in this forum and I had a look at the WWE and TNA rosters. I then saw Stardust... Couldn't believe it.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Haha. Wasn't the hope that it was a work was the other way around? They release Stardust and Cody comes back?

I really like Cody, I'm good with which ever version we'd kept. Legit one of my favs in all gimmicks he's had.

He's posted this on his Twitter:

I really hope we see him again in WWE at the top where he should be, but I'll be following where ever he ends up.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Sad to hear he was pushing to come back as Cody Rhodes and everyone said no
Really baffling
This company, man

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Sad I'm not surprised by anything he wrote. Another victim of the brass rings.

Definitely not surprised he wanted to end Stardust and bring Cody back. He made the best out of the Stardust angle, but it was clearly dead.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
He said it best.
He turned chicken crap into chicken salad.
WWE ruins yet another guy with boatloads of potential.
:facepalm:

I am glad he decides to leave now...
Because he is in his prime...
And he should not waste his immense talent...
At a place where he is not appreciated.

I wish him the best...
And I have no doubt that wherever he goes...
He will make WWE regret its decision to never push a talent...
Who truly deserves it.
Honestly...
He would have been a upper mid-card...
To main eventer...
Anywhere else.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Sad I'm not surprised by anything he wrote. Another victim of the brass rings.

Definitely not surprised he wanted to end Stardust and bring Cody back. He made the best out of the Stardust angle, but it was clearly dead.
Yeah, the gimmick was basically dead once the Goldust stuff was over. They should have done a return to Cody story when Goldust came back from his injury, but they didn't and now we're here.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Cody is one guy I always hoped that somewhere down the road he'd get a world title reign for his hard work. The dude said it himself, he's turned chicken **** into chicken salad countless times. A truly underrated wrestler. As pointed out previously in this thread, they could have turned Cody into a star following the authority angle but they didn't pull the trigger, typical WWE stuff.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Sad, but not surprised.

Hopefully this shows some of the other guys he mentioned who are "putting on better matches than they're supposed to" that they don't have to waste away in the WWE. Go to New Japan or ROH and show just how underutilized you are.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad