Confirmed with Link: CODY Eakin to the jets

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
Unless Vegas and the Jets have a deal in place to do something in the summer, Chevy was taken bad on this trade. Vegas was trying hard to dump his salary because first he has been brutal this year and second they need to make room to try and get Gustafsson from Chicago and get Cody Glass back up from the minors. They should have given the Jets the fourth pick and the Jets give a 5th in return for taking his contract.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
Welcome home Cody!

**** Vegas!

I like Joe Dirt, his girlfriend is cute!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

You're right! Welcome back to home, Cody!

It is what it is, and it happened. Bashing one of own makes no good.

He has at least some Playoffs grit that might be useful if Jets first manage to make it to POs.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Unless Vegas and the Jets have a deal in place to do something in the summer, Chevy was taken bad on this trade. Vegas was trying hard to dump his salary because first he has been brutal this year and second they need to make room to try and get Gustafsson from Chicago and get Cody Glass back up from the minors. They should have given the Jets the fourth pick and the Jets give a 5th in return for taking his contract.
I suspect that deal wasn't available. :sarcasm: Eakin would have been fairly coveted I think.

Darth Jet

Mar 10, 2015
Winnipeg
I think people keep forgetting the odds of a 3rd round draft pick even getting to play in the NHL. He provides depth that we didn't have before. Hopefully we can get Bourque and Shaw off the 4th line. I am hoping this trade lights a fire under his ass and he can regain his form but if he doesn't I am not sweating over losing a draft pick that likely won't turn into much.

I will have an issue if we decide to take Harkins off and leave Bourque in..........:nono:

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Chevy has to ruin his last nice trade with a stupid trade just for the sake of making a trade. Not to mention we just helped Vegas. They now cleared cap space for another move. And they were fine giving us (a possible first round match up) Eakin. I could live with a 5th or 6th. But potentially a 3rd when people thought Vegas may have had to give up something for someone to take the salary. He works hard, good character guy but 4 goals. He rode a hot shooting percentage for his big season. He better not break up our third line. Stick him on the 4th line and he can stay there, and he can be a decent guy there when we are fully healthy. Seems like for a 3rd we could have got a better forward. Lets hope Maurice is not stupid enough to break up the 3rd line or to put Eakin in the top 6.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
I think people keep forgetting the odds of a 3rd round draft pick even getting to play in the NHL. He provides depth that we didn't have before. Hopefully we can get Bourque and Shaw off the 4th line. I am hoping this trade lights a fire under his ass and he can regain his form but if he doesn't I am not sweating over losing a draft pick that likely won't turn into much.

I will have an issue if we decide to take Harkins off and leave Bourque in..........:nono:

I didn't mind DeMelo for a 3rd, because he filled a need. I'm not sure what need Eakins fills.

Perhaps I'm wrong, and he'll be a good pickup. But right now, I feel like it's a waste.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Eakin is a bit of SD, maybe play the role Tanev had here with a bit more offensive upside!

Reactions: GNP

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Chevy has to ruin his last nice trade with a stupid trade just for the sake of making a trade. Not to mention we just helped Vegas. They now cleared cap space for another move. And they were fine giving us (a possible first round match up) Eakin. I could live with a 5th or 6th. But potentially a 3rd when people thought Vegas may have had to give up something for someone to take the salary. He works hard, good character guy but 4 goals. He rode a hot shooting percentage for his big season. He better not break up our third line. Stick him on the 4th line and he can stay there, and he can be a decent guy there when we are fully healthy. Seems like for a 3rd we could have got a better forward. Lets hope Maurice is not stupid enough to break up the 3rd line or to put Eakin in the top 6.

Don ‘t agree and we usually see eye to eye but I think Eakin easily upgrades out 3rd line, don’t think he is here to play on the 4th line!

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Once again i like what Chevy gave up , good deal for a very hard working player . :thumbu:

Not sure what Eakin will bring - but can't complain about the price.
I know there have been suggestions here from a few people for a couple of years that we should get him.

Reactions: Jets 31

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
MP is probably gone, Little is gone. Lowery not sure.W definitely need center depth. He fills that role perfectly. If he can get back to his level last year 22Gs, he's solid.
You mean next year? As far as I know he's not far from coming back. And Lowry should be not far behind.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
I wonder which is the less bitter pill to swallow: making the playoffs or missing it. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad