Confirmed with Link: CODY Eakin to the jets

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Yep. I think I’m general, unless you are an absolute superstar, players don’t like to play in their home city. Lots of distractions and pressure. Winnipeg of all places likely just adds to his lack of excitement having to play here
This opinion is based on what? Actual information, or your preponderance to dump on pretty much everything?

Reactions: Haringoth

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
This opinion is based on what? Actual information, or your preponderance to dump on pretty much everything?

I personally know of one current NHL player from Winnipeg who does not want to play here, but it's anecdotal only so I won't name names.

Playing in Canada is tough for players who don't like the spotlight, even tougher if you're playing in the city you're from. There are exceptions, sure, but I'd say those aren't super common.

I think I said earlier I wouldn't want to play here if I was in the NHL only because of the attention.

Aries56

Jan 10, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
I swear, the amount we talk about players that don't want to be here... You could start a rumor about any player wanting out, and it would spread like wildfire.

You would see it on Eklund's rumor page the next day.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
I swear, the amount we talk about players that don't want to be here... You could start a rumor about any player wanting out, and it would spread like wildfire.

You would see it on Eklund's rumor page the next day.

Not a player, but I hear Maurice wants out... :sarcasm:

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I personally know of one current NHL player from Winnipeg who does not want to play here, but it's anecdotal only so I won't name names.

Playing in Canada is tough for players who don't like the spotlight, even tougher if you're playing in the city you're from. There are exceptions, sure, but I'd say those aren't super common.

I think I said earlier I wouldn't want to play here if I was in the NHL only because of the attention.
You personally know someone but it's anecdotal? So still basically conjecture then. Yeah, I get Canada is a fishbowl, it's not a new concept.

I think people make way to much of this personally. Projecting how you might feel about it really has no relevance.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
You personally know someone but it's anecdotal? So still basically conjecture then. Yeah, I get Canada is a fishbowl, it's not a new concept.

I think people make way to much of this personally. Projecting how you might feel about it really has no relevance.

Well anecdotal in the sense that the only evidence I have of it is hearing it from the player himself. So it would depend on how trustworthy you think I am :laugh:

I'm just saying I have no trouble believing that someone wouldn't want to play in their hometown. I don't know if it's true with Eakin but it wouldn't shock me if it was.

Reactions: hn777

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Pretty sure having to play 20 or so games in his hometown with some high-end linemates as he makes hay for his next contract somewhere else isn't keeping Eakin up at night. He was good last night and may be a decent part of a playoff run if we make it, and if not he's showcased for his next team and gets a bit of love from the hometown fans. Not a bad gig if you can get it.

Reactions: Upperdeckjet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad