Confirmed with Link: CODY Eakin to the jets

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Lord I hope so. We blew a bunch of picks on guys who barely played/never played last year, let's not add a bunch of Matt Hendricks' and Bogdan Kislevicheseseses "depth" on a team with young players already waiting in the wings or playing.

Agreed. I don't care all that much for this move unless it's purely for the fourth line.

Reactions: MardyBum

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014
I don't really get this move. He's fast and can play C, but isn't a top 6 C.

If it breaks up Harkins Roslovic Appleton as a line I'll be unhappy.

I agree with Surixon that Perrault Lowry Eakins makes sense. So does Copp Lowry Eakins (Instead of Tanev) but if that's the case would perreault be getting a top 6 role when he came back?

I'm having trouble seeing how this fits:

Maybe:

Connor Scheif Ehlers
Perreault Wheeler Laine
Copp Lowry Eakins
Harkins Roslovic Appleton

Didn't give up much for him and I love adding more speed so we'll see how this all shakes out.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Cool, my family used to know his a bit
Hopefully he's a good fit on the 2nd line.
200.gif

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
Seems like a high price to upgrade the 4th line, but having more center depth is definitely good. He is an upgrade on Shore at least right? I would've expected maybe a 6th not a 3rd round pick. (That's right I'm assuming the Jets make the playoffs)

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Terrible trade. Vegas should of paid us the pick to take him.

Yeah I actually thought the Jets might take Eakin as a cap dump to allow Vegas to fit Martinez in, but figured we'd be sending them someone they can bury in the minors and we'd be the ones getting the 4th round pick.

Reactions: hn777 and Saidin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad