Cobra Kai new karate kid series on youtube

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
I just binge watched all of season 3.

It was incredible. Episodes 4 and 5 shot me into memory lane even more than the show usually does.

The finale was absolutely nuts.

Reactions: Duke74

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Another great season. When I heard the show was moving to Netflix I was worried but it's just as good.

What I love the most about this show is how it demonstrates that great special effects don't make up for a good story and great characters, even in an action type setting (fights, etc). When you see some of the actors fighting, it's not fully believable but who cares about this ? The show is not about that.

I don't have high standards.... at least I don't think so... but this is the type of show that hits the mark for me.

Man, when Hawk is playing the victim in front of the principal and talking about micro-macro aggressions, and safe space, I just about lost it. Johnny was again so hilarious as the guy stuck in the 80s with the classic : Come with me hot wheels, and threw away my phone jokes. The two characters are both despicable and lovable at the same time.

Reactions: donghabs98

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Just finished season 3 and its been an amazing ride...and I think we all know who Kreese was calling near the end..Be awesome if it is going to be him

Reactions: ConorMcGregor

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
f*** me. I have stumbled into this thread twice this week, entirely because of the little section up top when I come here that shows the last like 10 topics posted in.

I think I wanna check this show out from reading random posts in this thread.

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
f*** me. I have stumbled into this thread twice this week, entirely because of the little section up top when I come here that shows the last like 10 topics posted in.

I think I wanna check this show out from reading random posts in this thread.
If you are a fan of the original 3 movies I highly recommend it.

It's pure fan service

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
At this point i see no other outcome other than death or prion for Kreese. This guy just cannot be redeemed

He's a fantastic villain but he stirred so much shit that i don't see how he is gonna find a way out this time if CK lose the tournament

Reactions: Peter Sidorkiewicz

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
If you are a fan of the original 3 movies I highly recommend it.

It's pure fan service

Yep. I only saw the original Karate Kid movie and thought it was good but nothing special, but I got hooked on this show after the first 3-4 episodes.

It's a great, campy show that you can turn your brain off to. It's kind of like comfort television, not sure what about it makes me feel this way, but it doesn't take itself seriously. It's super cheesy and campy, but damn it if it doesn't have a lot charm and silly humour, and can even be wholesome at times.

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
Yep. I only saw the original Karate Kid movie and thought it was good but nothing special, but I got hooked on this show after the first 3-4 episodes.

It's a great, campy show that you can turn your brain off to. It's kind of like comfort television, not sure what about it makes me feel this way, but it doesn't take itself seriously. It's super cheesy and campy, but damn it if it doesn't have a lot charm and silly humour, and can even be wholesome at times.
That's a shame. the 2nd movie is the best in the series.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
That's a shame. the 2nd movie is the best in the series.

I'll check it out soon - I just learned today that there is a trilogy of movies (I thought it was just a standalone movie). Like I said, I liked the movie but it didn't blow me away or anything. I'll check the other two out when I need a movie to watch.

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
I'll check it out soon - I just learned today that there is a trilogy of movies (I thought it was just a standalone movie). Like I said, I liked the movie but it didn't blow me away or anything. I'll check the other two out when I need a movie to watch.
Yeah it will help understand a lot of Easter eggs in season 1 and 2 better if you watch the 1st and 3rd movies.

The 2nd movie Easter eggs are in season 3.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
I love the series but I think Season 4 should be the last one. It loves to touch on the old Karate kid movies with reminiscing but with the Okinawa storyline exhausted, there's not really much more reminiscing that Daniel can do other than bringing back Terry Silver and Mike Barnes, which I think will happen in Season 4.

As for Johnny, I’m not sure where his storyline will go but have some thoughts on how it should end (spoiler below). I don’t think Ali Mills will feature prominently in season 4. What I do hope is the two karate dojo uniting as one at end of season 3, quickly splits again at the start of season 4. Johnny and Daniel works better as rivals rather than friends.

At this point i see no other outcome other than death or prion for Kreese. This guy just cannot be redeemed

He's a fantastic villain but he stirred so much shit that i don't see how he is gonna find a way out this time if CK lose the tournament
Thoughts on how I think the tournament will go in season 4 (& how the series should end):
-The final will be Robby Keene (Cobra Kai) v Sam LaRusso (Miagyi Do).
- Dias will fight in the tournament but get eliminated early as he is still not 100% from his injuries.
- During the fight Robby will get an early lead on Sam (Probably 2-0)
- On Kreese advice he will order Robby to finish it by fighting dirty (sweep the leg part 2)
- In following Kreese advice Robby hurts Sam and loses a point
- With seeing Sam hurt and having flashbacks of the brief time they were together as boyfriend and girlfriend, Robby will show some mercy to Sam and as a result, Sam fights back and wins the tournament.
- Kreese is enraged by the compassion shown by Robby which leads to another confrontation in the parking lot after the tournament (Kreese breaks Robby trophy)
- Seeing this Johnny steps into protect his son Robby which leads to another fight between Kreese and Lawrence (Kreese breaks his hands again in the car window)
- Lawrence wins the fight and finishes it with a Miagyi style with a honk of the nose.
- Series ends on a heartfelt moment with Kreese taken to jail, Robby seeing the error of Kreese ways reconciles with Johnny and the two live together as father and son and train together at Eagle Fang Karate taking over the former Cobra Kai dojo.

Last edited:

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Do most of you binge watch the whole season in one or two sittings? Personally I only watch 1 hour per week and plan to finish it in 5 weeks. Do you think that binge watching is better than spreading it out over a few weeks?

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
I love the series but I think Season 4 should be the last one. It loves to touch on the old Karate kid movies with reminiscing but with the Okinawa storyline exhausted, there's not really much more reminiscing that Daniel can do other than bringing back Terry Silver and Mike Barnes, which I think will happen in Season 4.

As for Johnny, I’m not sure where his storyline will go but have some thoughts on how it should end (spoiler below). I don’t think Ali Mills will feature prominently in season 4. What I do hope is the two karate dojo uniting as one at end of season 3, quickly splits again at the start of season 4. Johnny and Daniel works better as rivals rather than friends.

Thoughts on how I think the tournament will go in season 4 (& how the series should end):
-The final will be Robby Keene (Cobra Kai) v Sam LaRusso (Miagyi Do).
- Dias will fight in the tournament but get eliminated early as he is still not 100% from his injuries.
- During the fight Robby will get an early lead on Sam (Probably 2-0)
- On Kreese advice he will order Robby to finish it by fighting dirty (sweep the leg part 2)
- In following Kreese advice Robby hurts Sam and loses a point
- With seeing Sam hurt and having flashbacks of the brief time they were together as boyfriend and girlfriend, Robby will show some mercy to Sam and as a result, Sam fights back and wins the tournament.
- Kreese is enraged by the compassion shown by Robby which leads to another confrontation in the parking lot after the tournament (Kreese breaks Robby trophy)
- Seeing this Johnny steps into protect his son Robby which leads to another fight between Kreese and Lawrence (Kreese breaks his hands again in the car window)
- Lawrence wins the fight and finishes it with a Miagyi style with a honk of the nose.
- Series ends on a heartfelt moment with Kreese taken to jail, Robby seeing the error of Kreese ways reconciles with Johnny and the two live together as father and son and train together at Eagle Fang Karate taking over the former Cobra Kai dojo.

Something like that could happen but i think Terry Sliver and/or Mike Barnes will also get involved somehow. I could see the whole thing ending up with Cobra Kai led by Kreese , Sliver and Barnes vs Eagle Fang/Miyagi led by Daniel , Johnny and Chozen.

That would be epic

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
I thought the 3rd season was the best one so far.

It felt like less of a teen drama than season 2, while still giving more personality to the characters. Season 2 also felt a bit aimless, while this season did a good job of moving the story ahead and building to a long term narrative.

That last episode had me cheering/yelling at my TV more than a few times

Last edited:
Reactions: Leonardo87

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Just saw the Season 3 finale. Holy shit. Wow. Will leave it at that. Lol.
I hope that no one spoils it for others because not everyone has seen it all like myself. I'm not binging the season in one or two sittings, I like to watch an hour once a week and plan to finish the season in about a month.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I hope that no one spoils it for others because not everyone has seen it all like myself. I'm not binging the season in one or two sittings, I like to watch an hour once a week and plan to finish the season in about a month.

I've done that in the past, but fear of reading spoilers decided to finish it. Anyway, It will be worth the wait.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad