Cobra Kai new karate kid series on youtube

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Looks like senseless crap.

At the end of the original film, Johnny finally respected Daniel and at the beginning ot the second film he stands up to Kreese in the parking lot after the tournament when he realizes what a nutcase the guy was. Not to mention the fact that Kreese then snapped and would have presumably choked Johnny to death in the parking lot had it not been for Mr. Miyagi saving him.

So if you were Johnny, why would you wanna re-open a Cobra Kai dojo after all of that nonsense??

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
In reality Daniel was a violent sociopath who moved into Jonny’s town then tried to steal his girl and tormented him... Daniel was even given demon strength by the sorcerer Mr Miyagi to help him defeat Jonny.

No wonder the guy is still depressed.

Last edited:

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
At least it's finally going to be cleared up why everyone in that cinematic universe hates Daniel LaRusso - Johnny was the hero all along.

PositiveCashFlow

Snowmen fall to earth unassembled
Jul 10, 2007
I thought the Karate Kid was about a black kid named Dre travelling to China and learning Kung Fu to ultimately defeat a bully named Cheng

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
First two episodes are solid. Youtube Red isn't available in Canada though and I'm not paying three bucks an episode for 8 more episodes.

KBstyle

Aug 3, 2005
Didn't want to pay either but did it and it's worth it. Great show and can't wait for next.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
So what do we Canadians do if we wanna watch this??

You should call this guy:

latest

IslesNbeer

Sponsor
Nov 25, 2016
Alberta
I didn't have high hopes for this, but I still expected more. The acting is horrible. Ralph Machio reminds me of Alan Alda.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
I didn't have high hopes for this, but I still expected more. The acting is horrible. Ralph Machio reminds me of Alan Alda.
Strongly disagree. Acting was very good from the two leads.

I thought William Zabka was superb. You could see him grow as a person as the down and out former bully to him realising the old Cobra kai ways was probably wrong and in the end he was so conflicted with the way his star pupil won.

And I thought Ralph Macchio was good, not so much his acting, which was solid, but the several comedic spots (dick on the billboard; spinning kick on Cole) and the way he allowed himself to parody the original film in a fun way (rubbing his hands in locker room before yelling “medic”; “Daniel Larusso is going to coach”).

The sentimental nostalgia was really well done with a twist, being the bullied kids training with the former bully at Cobra kai; and the troubled youth training with Larusso.

And the final scene was pretty bad ass. Makes me think there maybe a second series.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
If they are making Johnny Lawrence the villain, they are ruining one of the greatest redemptions in film history!

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
I watched the first two eps on YT and got hooked. I was expecting the same generic story "bad guy turns good." It was not what I expected and was way better. Part of the finale I predicted but it was really well done and I hope they do a season 2.

Reactions: John Price

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
If you loved Karate Kid, you NEED to watch this show. It's incredibly well-done, and stands on its own as a strong drama/comedy series. William Zabka really nails it, he tempers the sometimes silly dialogue with a more honest and subtle, slightly underacted performance that fits. This show could have been pure nostalgic cheese, but it works.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->