Coaching staff shakeup?

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
i can't read this thread anymore. I'm sorry guys but firing Boucher is not the answer, some bounces and time are.

Totally respect your opinion man but if 50% of your "answer" is luck, I can't get on board with that. I'm sure it'll go over well with Stamkos too when the team continues to struggle with consistent efforts and beating beatable teams.

"Hey Steve, I know you put in a ton of work to your game and I know you're one of the top 5 players in the entire world. I know we haven't won anything in Tampa since you've been here and we haven't been a consistent threat to do so but you gotta trust me. We just need to stay doing what hasn't been working and get some bounces and we'll be right in the thick of things"

That's not gonna cut it for current or future players.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Bounces in favor of Tampa Bay happen so rarely, I'm pretty sure they don't actually exist. (serious)

TBLbrian

Mar 5, 2008
NC
Totally respect your opinion man but if 50% of your "answer" is luck, I can't get on board with that. I'm sure it'll go over well with Stamkos too when the team continues to struggle with consistent efforts and beating beatable teams.

"Hey Steve, I know you put in a ton of work to your game and I know you're one of the top 5 players in the entire world. I know we haven't won anything in Tampa since you've been here and we haven't been a consistent threat to do so but you gotta trust me. We just need to stay doing what hasn't been working and get some bounces and we'll be right in the thick of things"

That's not gonna cut it for current or future players.
I totally understand the frustration,, but my answers more about getting the team time then luck. The year we made it to the Eastern Conference Finals we had a ton more experience. Guys like gagne, moore, ohlund, roloson. we are still a really in experience teamand unfortunately if our big 3 aren't scoring there isn't much else to guarantee a win. If they aren't getting bounces the team isnt that good. We dont have the goalies to steal gsmes yet a la miller.

LGB 26

Feb 14, 2012
Tampa
Overheard a guy at the Hooters in Channelside after the Buffalo loss (2-1). "I dont think Bouchers gonna be here much longer."

I mean we are 2 points out of 8th in the standings and an OTL away from being the 3rd seed. Not a perfect team, but not awful either. I just dont see how people can jump to conclusions.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
Overheard a guy at the Hooters in Channelside after the Buffalo loss (2-1). "I dont think Bouchers gonna be here much longer."

I mean we are 2 points out of 8th in the standings and an OTL away from being the 3rd seed. Not a perfect team, but not awful either. I just dont see how people can jump to conclusions.

Record wise he's fine but if you watch the games it can drive you insane at times with his decisions.

It worked his first year here so I'm wondering if he's hoping things turn back around and start working again.

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
See Tampa being outshot 18(!!!!) to 1? That's an issue. That's bigger than just the team on the ice.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
I don't know if I just love boucher too much, but I just cant look at him as the reason we are loosing. His coaching style is way too much finesse, yes, but still, the players seem to just quit on the ice most days. Whoever is the goalie coach, get them the hell out of there, though. Lindback has a ton of talent, and he hasnt been developing at all so far.

Stammer Time*

Sons of Pirates
Dec 6, 2003
St.Pete, Florida
I would be less against firing Boucher if we didn't have Cooper but since we do I would make the move this offseason if we miss the playoffs. Our players are too good for the PP to be this bad and the effort is not there at all, maybe the players have tuned him out?

bov

Nov 13, 2010
I don't mind Boucher, but I think very highly of Cooper who is an excellent coach. Unless we have a ton of success from here on out, I would be in full support of bringing Cooper to the big leagues. He'd also be familiar with a good number of players on our team.

CSampson

Apr 8, 2009
Time to take the Boucher goggles off. He can't adapt on the fly. I feel he doesn't hold anyone accountable. He is way too positive...does he even get mad at his players? And the D zone system is just ****ing brutal. So is the break out. So is the neutral zone. I mean all around, it's just a disaster. The PP has one giant weak point that every team knows now - put a little pressure on the guy with the puck and the whole ****ing thing falls apart.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Time to take the Boucher goggles off. He can't adapt on the fly. I feel he doesn't hold anyone accountable. He is way too positive...does he even get mad at his players? And the D zone system is just ****ing brutal. So is the break out. So is the neutral zone. I mean all around, it's just a disaster. The PP has one giant weak point that every team knows now - put a little pressure on the guy with the puck and the whole ****ing thing falls apart.

I'm actually getting to this point myself. There's no ****ing excuse for our awful Dzone coverage, our awful zone entry, and our awful breakouts.

Fire Guy Boucher.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I'm actually getting to this point myself. There's no ****ing excuse for our awful Dzone coverage, our awful zone entry, and our awful breakouts.

Fire Guy Boucher.

yes-let-the-hate-flow-through-you.jpg

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
**** me, I just don't know anymore. I like Boucher and as much as I respect what Cooper has done with the kids, you never know if it will translate. If by some chance they get into the playoffs, you've gotta give Guy another season. If not...well then you either bring Cooper up or lose him either way, might as well bring him up.

Either way, if he stays or leaves, need a PP coach in here. Boucher has to give up his "baby" for the good of the team. I'm already convinced that Franz Jean must go. And can somebody tell me exactly what it it that Marty Raymond does?

CSampson

Apr 8, 2009

Fire Guy Boucher.

I HOPE this isn't by design, but I lost count the number of times I've seen 5 guys collapse in front of our net and leave other team's D wide open. Just panic.

TBLHoser

Jul 2, 2009
Sunshine State
This is what I don't get about Boucher....In a shortened season when you don't get to practice like you normally would, then you would be forced to develop continuity between your players during the game correct?

Then, why the bleep would you continuously mix up your lines every flipping game? How are these guys suppose to get their timing down if you keep throwing the oddball guy in there? I'm sure alot of these teams that are doing well, aren't changing their lines up like we do.

Boucher needs to start thinking about how to get these guys working together as a team rather than trying to outsmart his opposition.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad