Coaching staff shakeup?

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Sure? it's called an open line of communication, ever played sports before? Players are allowed to raise any concerns they have to the coach or anyone in management, I'd assume grown men are able to voice their opinions in a team environment.

But no, you're probably right, anything the coach says or does is unquestionable, players should just sit back and straddle up, especially in professional sports :shakehead:shakehead

Agreed, and he's had solid ice time on the PP for the vast majority of the season and has been largely ineffective. My question was why do you keep playing him there when he's constantly doing more harm then good? You want to try him on the PP? ok try it for a few games, 15 games and still sucks? alright we'll give him for 5 games, still not producing? alright take another 5.

Carle ices more PP time then any other D-man on this team, you can't tell me we don't have better options..

I have played sports before, but I think it's safe to assume that none of us have played a sport professionally. And no, it's not ok to question your coach in a professional sport. And it's really not ok to go over your boss' head to his boss in any sort of job. That's called breaking the chain of command. You know what it's called when players start to speak out against the coach? It's called 'losing the locker room'.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Time for Boucher to go. Guy is totally unprepared for the job and that's spreading to the players. At the absolute worst, switching to Cooper this offseason will be a lateral move. We really can't get much worse than we are right now.

TampaBolt

Muck Fichigan!
Jun 8, 2012
Chicago, Illinois
Time for Boucher to go. Guy is totally unprepared for the job and that's spreading to the players. At the absolute worst, switching to Cooper this offseason will be a lateral move. We really can't get much worse than we are right now.

While I would like Cooper I think we just need a change. Once Boucher's 1-3-1 system was figured out by Boston we have not been playing well from last year translating to this year. We have too much talent upfront not to at the very least be in a playoff spot. I hope Boucher proves me wrong though.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
While I would like Cooper I think we just need a change. Once Boucher's 1-3-1 system was figured out by Boston we have not been playing well from last year translating to this year. We have too much talent upfront not to at the very least be in a playoff spot. I hope Boucher proves me wrong though.

Boston didn't even solve the 1-3-1, we played absolutely rock solid against them in game 7 and made up the ridiculous depth of the Bruins by playing a smart system. Doesn't help the fact that the NHL decided to eliminate Tampa's best weapon (PP) for no good reason.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL

Firing Boucher is the change we need. He's had time to adapt and adjust the players to his scheme, but it's just not working. Dudes gotta go

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Boston didn't even solve the 1-3-1, we played absolutely rock solid against them in game 7 and made up the ridiculous depth of the Bruins by playing a smart system. Doesn't help the fact that the NHL decided to eliminate Tampa's best weapon (PP) for no good reason.

The league ****ed us by ignoring Horton throwing **** at fans after game 6. Should have been suspended, but nope. Boston had a date with "destiny" in the finals.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
The league ****ed us by ignoring Horton throwing **** at fans after game 6. Should have been suspended, but nope. Boston had a date with "destiny" in the finals.

You can't be serious. We were pushed to the limits and we pushed them to theirs. In the end, they were 1 goal better.

TampaBolt

Muck Fichigan!
Jun 8, 2012
Chicago, Illinois

I know. We could not get a single call going our way during the series. It is a shame really. I think we would have beaten Vancouver in the finals.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
You can't be serious. We were pushed to the limits and we pushed them to theirs. In the end, they were 1 goal better.

That may be, but Horton should not have been in that game. Whether or not he makes the difference? Can't say but if a league is going to let a player throw trash at fans in the stands without punishment then that is bushleague.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
That may be, but Horton should not have been in that game. Whether or not he makes the difference? Can't say but if a league is going to let a player throw trash at fans in the stands without punishment then that is bushleague.

He squirted the guy with a water bottle, when that wasn't enough, he pegged him with it. Shouldn't have been playing in game 7.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL

He squirted the guy with a water bottle, when that wasn't enough, he pegged him with it. Shouldn't have been playing in game 7.

Yeah, I was pissed when he didn't get suspended too, but he really wasn't the difference maker in that series (yes I know he scored the winner in game 7). The Bruins were the best team in the league that year. Tampa was a close 2nd/3rd since there's no way to know if we would've beaten Vancouver in a 7 game series without home ice.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
Well... I'm finally a convert. I have been holding out on the "Guy has to go" talk, but I think he really does need to go. His system doesnt work, he doesnt put any stability on his lineups, and he just doesnt seem to own this team like he should be. I think he is a hell of a guy, but he may not be a hell of a coach. Finesse is great, but heart and strength is better.

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
On the Red Wings board there is a discussion about Babcock's future. If he is available I would very happy with him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->