Coaching Discussion - Berube's Out; Who's In? (upd.: this thread is closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
this is awful. what is Hextall doing? we desperately need a good coach and he doesn't even interview the top 2 coaches available? but instead interviews the worst one? ugh. this is beyond words. :shakehead

I can't wait to hear how the organization addresses this. I'm really curious how they feel the two best coaches out there are somehow not fit to coach in Philly, yet they interview idiots like Eakins. :help:

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
It's a little discouraging not having any real idea what were doing as far as a coach is concerned... unless Hextall and company are keeping it real close to the vest. So no one knows anything really besides MAYBE Eakins.

daynus

Nov 25, 2002
Good Ole Saskatchewan
Visit site
Just saw on the Detroit news, in an interview with Babcock and holland, Babcock said he has several offers and will announce who he is signing with at a press conference on wensday His only hint was he said he wants his team to be a contender.

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California
I don't think it's worrying that we haven't heard anything. Hextall keeps things quiet. He doesn't seem to want announcements made until he has made them himself.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
But, as I understand, the compensation is only to hire Babcock, not to simply talk to him. Basically, he's free to talk with whomever, but he can't sign with a team until they agree to compensation. Unless I'm misguided there, I don't think not filing for compensation is proof of a team not having spoken with him like Friedman was implying.

Yes, a third if you sign him, not just to talk. I bet they could have got a 2nd, or else they are confident in keeping him. We'll see how what happens soon, acc. to Babcock. Will he stop in Philly after the Worlds?

Fulton44*

Just saw on the Detroit news, in an interview with Babcock and holland, Babcock said he has several offers and will announce who he is signing with at a press conference on wensday His only hint was he said he wants his team to be a contender.
Seriously, this is starting to get like Lebron James and it's kind of ridiculous.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
They said he is talking to Holland tonight on the plane...and then they will meet again on Monday.

Not sure when Hextall would meet with him unless it's Tuesday.

With Hextall not going to the WC, I wonder if he is talking to his real target. Surprised he didn't go to se if there were any diamonds in the rough to see.

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
Babcock has been acting like a ****... Rather go with someone who isn't so arrogant.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I think even more than I want to get Babcock I'd like to steal McLellan from EDM because I think he'd be a very good coach for this team and also it'd be hilarious to see their reactions.

Fulton44*

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2015/05/is_mike_babcock_willing_to_tak.html

"Four clubs have sought permission to speak with Babcock, according to a source – Toronto, Buffalo, St. Louis and San Jose. He talked to the Maple Leafs and Sabres before leaving for the World Championships in the Czech Republic. Babcock, who was scheduled to return home on Sunday, is expected to speak with the Sharks on Monday or Tuesday. It is believed he spoke with the Blues during the World Championships, since their general manager, Doug Armstrong, was at the event.

The Philadelphia Flyers and Edmonton Oilers, other teams who were expected to make a pitch for Babcock, have not asked for permission to talk to him. The Oilers reportedly are set to hire Todd McLellan, the former Sharks head coach and Red Wings assistant."

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I can't imagine the Flyers haven't even attempted to talk to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad