Coachella Firebirds: News and Discussion

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Sprong's career stats.

It was a lucky career year. If you think he's actually valuable, well good for you. He has a fan then. Buy a Sprong jersey while you can.
I've watched Sprong's career since he debut in Pittsburgh as a 18 year old! Pittsburgh made a mistake and so did Anaheim and Washington! In fact I had Sprong as the player I thought would be taken by the Kraken in the Expansion draft! Was thrilled when GMFrancis brought him over via trade! And was a heavy proponent of signing him last Off-Season! Sprong is still relatively young(26) or younger than than some of our greybeards! If he can work on his defensive game he could be a "killer"cause the guy has Offense in spades! If he played with Wennberg or Beniers he would "kill" it!

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Can anyone tell me what kind of player Kartye is and what his NHL future looks like? Thanks!
Like Kartye a lot! He had some key goals in the play-offs and played smart hockey with some grit and tenacity! And knew where to go to score goals!!!Not sure what's in 'store" for young Kartye as the line up is pretty much stacked but in a years time could be a regular! He has looked better in Seattle than the few games I've watched him play with the Coachella Firebirds! Like to see him score more and help the FireBirds bring back a Calder Cup Championship that would be a feather in his Cap!!!

Reactions: Legionnaire11

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
So speaking about the Firebirds(and not Daniel Sprong).
I hope they get back on track cause they just lust their second in a row and are now tied at 2-2 in the Calder Cup final.

Reactions: Fuhrious

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
I hope they get back on track cause they just lust their second in a row and are now tied at 2-2 in the Calder Cup final.
Like to see the FireBirds start to roll again! Saturday is a pivotal game!Byslma has to get the best out of everyone next game!For a team that smoked the Bears the first two games and then scored to tie things up at 4 before OT! In game 4 they lacked much punch and the PP needs some work and results like right now

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
Felt like the game last night had some good stretches and some not. Think they need to tighten things up more defensively and kick start the offense with some fast breaks going the other way. The Bears did a pretty good job of keeping everything pinned to the outside.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
I said if they won one game away they'd win the series but Saturday is must win

Indeed. They are such a great team and I'm convinced are the better team of the two. They have the same grit and tenacity (thanks RMT... Ray, I'm calling you RMT now) that the Kraken have. It's very clear this type of player is what Francis likes... in short, those that are most like him. The Firebirds are full of guys like Ron Francis.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
Indeed. They are such a great team and I'm convinced are the better team of the two. They have the same grit and tenacity (thanks RMT... Ray, I'm calling you RMT now) that the Kraken have. It's very clear this type of player is what Francis likes... in short, those that are most like him. The Firebirds are full of guys like Ron Francis.
Genuinely excited to see some of our draft picks play for them. A few have but now we are in year 3 we really should start to see some soon from the first draft.

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021
Felt like the game last night had some good stretches and some not. Think they need to tighten things up more defensively and kick start the offense with some fast breaks going the other way. The Bears did a pretty good job of keeping everything pinned to the outside.
Bears play solid shut down hockey. They are going to be hard to beat and it'll take a lot for a comeback.

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021
I guess "comeback" is the wrong word. Regain the momentum maybe? Bears just seem to be slowly grinding it their way and gaining control. It'll be nice if the Firebirds find a way to get their game back and break through.

Reactions: RainyCityHockey

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Yeah that was BS but w/e. Back to CV where I hope they are more comfy? Three losses in a row, yikes.

Yeah, has the air of shitting the bed. They looked offensively terrible tonight and I’m pointing firmly at a couple of players. Lind being one. He was just f***ing around all night, trying a bunch of fancy shit in a cup final. No thanks. Tonight turned me off the guy. He needs to go back to fundamentals and play hockey, not f***ing Rocket League.

Reactions: sigma six

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Well, now on a three game losing streak.

Hopefully the Firebirds are able to do what the Kraken did all season and that was stopping the bleading at three.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
Too many men not called, and the Bears score on the PP that shouldn’t have continued. merde.
2 PP for the home team and some flagrant no calls going the other way. Not a good look.

The Firebirds look like they are out of gas and just can't buy a close game. Maybe they stayed at a tuba and gong factory while they were there?

Kevinsane

Kraken up.
Apr 11, 2022
Dawson Creek, BC
Yeah, has the air of shitting the bed. They looked offensively terrible tonight and I’m pointing firmly at a couple of players. Lind being one. He was just f***ing around all night, trying a bunch of fancy shit in a cup final. No thanks. Tonight turned me off the guy. He needs to go back to fundamentals and play hockey, not f***ing Rocket League.
There’s a reason Vancouver gave up on once touted Lind. He doesn’t have very high hockey IQ. He needs to know, but doesn’t, when to try sh*t like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad