Co-ed locker rooms

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
As long as a player knows how to move the puck I don't care what they are. One of the smartest players I've ever played with was a female.

The one thing that I really hate in a locker room is the guy thats way to comfortable being naked. No one wants to see anyone elses grandfather clock swinging.

adaminnj

Leafs out = SPRING!
Feb 6, 2009
NJ
I have played with girls in the change room who strip down to nothing but underpants but use a towel to cover their ta-tas while they change. Only once have I ever took a look to see if anything shown with one woman who has HUGE boobs but at the same time we where talking about the game.

I wear boxer briefs under my jock so I never get naked unless I need to shower at the rink to go out after the game. If there is a woman in the change room and I need to shower I just go to the shower with my underpants on and come back wrapped in a towel.

*JK* I'm all for naked woman in the change room one would pay good money in vegas for such a treat. *JK*

Actually I grew up hippy and naked people don't offend me nor do I see nakedness on it's own as sexual.

The only reason I tried to get a look at that one girl because they where CRAZY HUGE and I never seen a set that size before. She is a very good hockey player too if that makes any difference. I swear it was in the name of science.

And yes the guys who stand in front of you naked trying to start small-talk while willy is dangling and your still taking off your skates is a bit unnerving.

Anchor Town*

Almost every team I played on growing up had a girl or two on it, guys would get naked in front of the girls, some had the decency to change quickly when getting dressed or cover up with a towel after the game, others would stand naked for a while trying to get the girls attention that they were naked. Girls would walk to the bathroom to change into their jock and sports bra. Never had a single problem come up, if a guy got cocky the girl would just belittle their manhood.

gintonic

Jan 16, 2009
All the responses are interesting. It would seem that most have a separate locker room set up for the women.

190Octane

Jun 28, 2002
Fullerton, CA
Naked guy is funny with everyone averting their eyes. Personally I don't feel the need to show my friends my junk and I'm sure they dont want to see it. All the women I've ever played with either left the room to change their underwear or just didn't change it.

gintonic

Jan 16, 2009
This past weekend, on my regular team, which has no women btw, there was a problem with the showers in our locker room so our naked guy walked right out of the locker room to go down the hall to use the showers. The hall is a public passageway to the rink restrooms so anyone could be there. About two seconds after he walked out we could all hear inside the locker room a female voice coming from the hallway out there 'oh my god that guy's naked'

pelts35.com

Oct 4, 2004
www.pelts35.com
Played in an adult skills clinic the other week and there was one woman. She didn't have any inhibitions and changed into her jill and sports bra sitting right in between 2 guys.

Oddly enough, her jersey number was 69 and the name was Nakedgirl.

Fleuryoutside29

Nov 3, 2009
In the league I play in now we have a girl on our team. Everyone just faces the wall when they change. Its a non issue and nobody has every brought it up. In fact, I didn't think about it until I saw this thread.

Joe Cole

Jun 17, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
As a side note.... people who do not shower after a game freak me out. Either they are a different animal then me, or they do not mind freezing their wet selves walking to the car/home and do not care about sitting down, driving with wet clothes...

Their car seats must be knarly.

I tale a second shower when I get home to get rid of that extra heat build up.

dabeechman

Sep 12, 2006
As a side note.... people who do not shower after a game freak me out. Either they are a different animal then me, or they do not mind freezing their wet selves walking to the car/home and do not care about sitting down, driving with wet clothes...

Not all of us sweat like a pig (no offense). I skate my ass off, but my gear retains most of my moisture. My compression shirt does a great job of wicking moisture. If you're wearing a cotton shirt though, that would make things much worse.

rinkrat22

Jul 27, 2007
Chicago
Not all of us sweat like a pig (no offense). I skate my ass off, but my gear retains most of my moisture. My compression shirt does a great job of wicking moisture. If you're wearing a cotton shirt though, that would make things much worse.

I'm sure you can't smell yourself, but you smell as bad as everyone else:sarcasm:

Wildturkey12

Do It!
Oct 20, 2010
L.A.

I change out of all of my gear, dry off with a towel and put on my clothes. I might smell but I am not wet. I shower every once in a while at the rink but my shower at home is so much better. Besides, I am usually only hanging out with people after games who smell as bad as me.

pelts35.com

Oct 4, 2004
www.pelts35.com

And people that actually use the disgusting shower in the lockerroom freak me out. :)

I'd much rather throw on a clean t-shirt and sweatpants for the 20 minute ride home and use my own shower.

Joe Cole

Jun 17, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
And people that actually use the disgusting shower in the lockerroom freak me out. :)

I'd much rather throw on a clean t-shirt and sweatpants for the 20 minute ride home and use my own shower.

I hear you on the showers... I had a friend who actually almost lost his leg due to flesh eating disease he caught in an arena shower. I am not joking.

I always wore flip flops, but now i would skip the shower if I did not have them.

Seriously.... without the shower... I would just keep sweating, even if I was 100% towelled off.

pelts35.com

Oct 4, 2004
www.pelts35.com
are you guys Russian?:shakehead

Actually I am part Russian and the guys I skate with on Wednesday and Friday morning are. However that's irrelevant. If you saw the shower at the rink I played at perhaps you'd understand.

But, even if the shower was pristine, I'm ok with changing into a dry shirt and driving 20 minutes to shower at home.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen

I'd rather be in wet clothes than "showering" in dirt and germs.

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
Half the rinks I play at don't have showers.

The rinks here never have warm water or in some cases have little to no water pressure. Sorry, not doing a shower under a showerhead that goes drip-drop-drip-drip.

With my house about 5 min from where I play inline and 15 min from where I play ice, I'll wait until I get home for that shower.

Joe Cole

Jun 17, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I'd rather be in wet clothes than "showering" in dirt and germs.

Your clothes are not wet, they are sweaty. And sweat = germs.

I agree that the showers can be questionable.... but trust me, your sweat ain't spring water.

Plus.... you were wearing equipement that has dried sweat in it, sweat and bacteria that YOU reactivated when you warmed it up playing.

I am not trying to convince anyone to shower but do not fool yourself, the longer your sweat is on your body... the more bacteria grows.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad