Co-ed locker rooms

frito

Jan 27, 2007
Cincinnati
I have played on a couple teams with women. The first team I played on the women changed in the room with the rest of the guys, and yes did change their bras there too. They just nonchalantly changed, no big deal. We're all adults. I would typically just face the wall when I cahnged my underwear into my jock and vice versa. I would usually just wrap a towell around myself on the way to the showers and back. Again, no big deal.

My current team has a few women on it. On this team, all the women change in women's locker room vs. with the rest of us. i will say, i got to know the women on the first team as individuals much better than I know the women on my current team. I don't even know if would recognize them out of their gear. So in that regard, there is something to be said for shared locker rooms as long as everybody is mature about it. That being said, I don't think we could on this team because we do have some of our kids play on our team from time to time, more regularly when their seasons end.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
This past weekend, on my regular team, which has no women btw, there was a problem with the showers in our locker room so our naked guy walked right out of the locker room to go down the hall to use the showers. The hall is a public passageway to the rink restrooms so anyone could be there. About two seconds after he walked out we could all hear inside the locker room a female voice coming from the hallway out there 'oh my god that guy's naked'

Haha...very funny....I guess rules that apply in the real world don't apply once you get inside the hockey arena.....
I mean come on.....In an arena you can walk around naked, or maybe elbow someone in the head, etc.....Try either one of those in the real world, and most likely your getting arrested.....

goalie29

Oct 17, 2010
Canada
I change out of all of my gear, dry off with a towel and put on my clothes. I might smell but I am not wet. I shower every once in a while at the rink but my shower at home is so much better. Besides, I am usually only hanging out with people after games who smell as bad as me.

This is what I do, and most of my teammates. Maybe 2 or 3 people shower at the rink. Rink showers are not something I need to experience. :laugh: If the team is meeting at the pub after games, a thorough hand wash is a good idea, though. (nachos and glove-smell is not a good combo...)

Avery4Byng*

This is what I do, and most of my teammates. Maybe 2 or 3 people shower at the rink. Rink showers are not something I need to experience. :laugh: If the team is meeting at the pub after games, a thorough hand wash is a good idea, though. (nachos and glove-smell is not a good combo...)

Thats disgusting.

Crash Davis

Nov 6, 2009
CT
I hear you on the showers... I had a friend who actually almost lost his leg due to flesh eating disease he caught in an arena shower. I am not joking.

This was going through my head this weekend as I showered after our tournament games and I didnt use sandals (as always)

nyqs81

Apr 19, 2007
I have girls on both my teams. Some are even pretty attractive, but we are all adults. Nobody oogles them and it's all pretty low key.

This. I have played a couple of times Co-Ed in my mid 20s and it was no big deal.

The better story is about the Co-Ed bathroom I had one semester in college but thats for another time.

shoeshine boy

Aug 14, 2008
ummmmmmm, our girl brought the beers... she HAD to be in the room...

no drinking in the locker rooms where I live so that wouldn't factor in. our main rink used to have a women's locker room but the rink took it away several years ago when they built a locker room for the midget travel team. most women dress with the guys but there are a few women who dress in the bathroom which has a small bench for dressing.

rinkrat22

Jul 27, 2007
Chicago
no drinking in the locker rooms where I live so that wouldn't factor in. our main rink used to have a women's locker room but the rink took it away several years ago when they built a locker room for the midget travel team. most women dress with the guys but there are a few women who dress in the bathroom which has a small bench for dressing.

I'd find a new rink:shakehead

gintonic

Jan 16, 2009
total of 5 rinks in Atlanta. all have the same rule. 2 rinks have a bar so that's not an issue. the others don't mind if you drink in the parking lot as long as you clean up your empties..

Wouldn't that sort of make you a target for police though? If they know people hang out in the parking lot and drink all they have to do is hang around there and wait until people pull out in their cars then follow to nail with a DUI.

shoeshine boy

Aug 14, 2008
Wouldn't that sort of make you a target for police though? If they know people hang out in the parking lot and drink all they have to do is hang around there and wait until people pull out in their cars then follow to nail with a DUI.

for the most part the cops leave us alone since they know that we're not causing trouble. it probably helps that a fair number of cops play in our league.
there's really no more danger from tailgating than there is going down to the bar that's about 100 yards away. cops can stake out either place and occasionally they do. generally my rule is that if I have more than 1 beer my gf drives home, just to be safe.

gintonic

Jan 16, 2009
for the most part the cops leave us alone since they know that we're not causing trouble. it probably helps that a fair number of cops play in our league.
there's really no more danger from tailgating than there is going down to the bar that's about 100 yards away. cops can stake out either place and occasionally they do. generally my rule is that if I have more than 1 beer my gf drives home, just to be safe.

I thought you were a girl? Anyway, yeah 1 or 2 is no big deal, I don't even think that would get your BAC near a violation level. It probably does help to have cops in the league as far as that goes. Takes the target off your backs.

shoeshine boy

Aug 14, 2008
I thought you were a girl? Anyway, yeah 1 or 2 is no big deal, I don't even think that would get your BAC near a violation level. It probably does help to have cops in the league as far as that goes. Takes the target off your backs.

yes, I am female and yes, I have a gf. does that really surprise you? ;)
most people I know think that every woman who plays ice hockey is gay anyway. can't speak for other places but in Atlanta it's actually a very small percentage.

gintonic

Jan 16, 2009
yes, I am female and yes, I have a gf. does that really surprise you? ;)
most people I know think that every woman who plays ice hockey is gay anyway. can't speak for other places but in Atlanta it's actually a very small percentage.

No, not really. I suppose in light of that your username makes more sense. :D

But seriously, I wouldn't necessarily think that way that just because a woman plays hockey she's gay. My guess would be that most aren't, but I could be wrong.

shoeshine boy

Aug 14, 2008
No, not really. I suppose in light of that your username makes more sense. :D

I'm not a boy, just an Underdog fan. :laugh:

But seriously, I wouldn't necessarily think that way that just because a woman plays hockey she's gay. My guess would be that most aren't, but I could be wrong.

people love to deal in stereotypes. it's human nature. heck, I do it was well. I think now they call it profiling. :)

gintonic

Jan 16, 2009
I'm not a boy, just an Underdog fan. :laugh:

no, no, the shoeshine part being a term for something x-rated, but I don't think we can say much about that here

people love to deal in stereotypes. it's human nature. heck, I do it was well. I think now they call it profiling. :)

I think everyone does to an extent. But honestly that was a stereotype that never entered my mind for some reason, if I were to think of a sport where you might find a lot of lesbians, for whatever reason I would think basketball

shoeshine boy

Aug 14, 2008
no, no, the shoeshine part being a term for something x-rated, but I don't think we can say much about that here

oh my.....might have to Google that later. :naughty:
might be on par with a goalie I know whose first name begins with T and his last name is Lipton. we called him Tea Bag until someone explained to me what that was. ruined a perfectly good nickname! lol!

I think everyone does to an extent. But honestly that was a stereotype that never entered my mind for some reason, if I were to think of a sport where you might find a lot of lesbians, for whatever reason I would think basketball

I think softball #1. basketball probably #2 followed by golf.

pshort

Mar 6, 2012
For adult leagues, if you are a hockey player then it is important to dress with your team. This is HOCKEY! When players are undressing, look down at your bag... If you are talking to someone, look them in the eye. Never take offense to any bantor in the locker room or on the rink when it comes to sexest or off colored jokes. No one means any harm. The rink is a place where you can just be yourself and have fun. I think peeps would freak out if I blew a snott-rocket while using the bicycle at the gym. And above all, only heckle friends, don't whine and get your *** up as fast as you can if you get leveled (if you need an ambulance, stay down).

My mistake: I looked up from my bag laughing to repond to an hilarious joke made by my linesman and caught a huge glimpse of his "grandfather clock". Not a good picture at all... NOT A GOOD PICTURE!!!!!! LOL!

v3rs3

Nov 30, 2008
Columbus, OH
The only female on my rec league team is our goalie. She changes with us, but I have no idea how far she goes down to. I honestly don't pay attention and I doubt many other guys on my team notice either. She's basically one of the guys anyhow.

The rinks around here do supply a female locker room though. Normally during drop-ins or stick and puck I don't ever see girls in the main locker room.

noobman

Nov 28, 2007
The girls always had their own locker room. In summer leagues, the opposing teams would each have their own locker room and the girls would have a shared locker room. This made for one very eventful story involving two girls who were both ejected from a game for fighting on the ice back in 2005.

Analyzer*

When I was a teenager, the girls got their own room. Guys got to the point of naked that they wanted to be. Some would bare all then shower together. If it bothers you, then you should change and be out quickly. I never showered there and only went down to my boxers.

Sure, you don't want to see a bunch of dangling wangs, but keep your eyes down and get undressed, dressed back up and out as fast as you can.

Also, if a girl is changing right down, then you're going to look the first time. After that, you just ignore her cause you've seen her **** enough.

One year, I played on a team with 3 girls. They told one guy if he got a hattrick they'd shower with him. They lied. If it had happen I would have been scoring hattricks on and off the ice ;)

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
Girls, from what I've seen, change with the guys, but have a more undergarments and don't take those off when changing. They also don't shower until they get home. It's no big deal.

neksys

Jun 24, 2009
Not to be too off-topic, but this is a weird year-old thread to bump.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad