Claude Giroux: "Reasons to be Cheerful Part III"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Cant find it but Meltzer called him out and they had a back and forth about it. Johnson didnt think Giroux deserved to make his list because of less goals and too many secondary assists. Really "deep" analysis.

Isn't Johnson that totally gormless, really terrible idiot who does commentary on games sometimes and sounds like he's on speed because he can't shut up and every garbled spit-soaked word that flies out of his mouth is total nonsense? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Isn't Johnson that totally gormless, really terrible idiot who does commentary on games sometimes and sounds like he's on speed because he can't shut up and every garbled spit-soaked word that flies out of his mouth is total nonsense? Or am I thinking of someone else?
You just described 99.99999999999% of all media.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Where are Oilers with him,,, miles from the playoffs
Where are Oilers without him,,,, miles from the playoffs.

Makes zero difference to the team whether he plays or doesnt,

Flyers W/O Giroux 99.9 % nowhere near the playoffs

yeah I understand that. I just don't believe the award should be defined as "best player on a marginal playoff team that would be nowhere near the playoffs without him." Mostly because it's silly when the arguments come down to "Well MacKinnon deserves it over Kucherov because Tampa would still be a great team without him."

Also because tying team achievements to player awards is illogical anyway. If you take any Hart candidate and trade them for McDavid this season, does that make your team worse?

For me it'd come down to Giroux, McDavid or Kucherov.

I do realize that "most valuable" is vaguely defined, and others can/do see it differently.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I can put my hatred aside and see why Hall gets the Hart. He is just a few points short of Giroux, and has way less help.

Hall has 93 points
The Devils #2 and #3 guys have 95 points combined.

Hall has 39 goals
The Devils #2 and #3 guys have 43 goals

That's pretty crazy.

Reactions: Starat327

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
I just don't like Hall. He has a face that I look at and say "I hate your face"

I'm sure he's a good guy, but I can't get past his face

Reactions: CodyTheHuman

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I can put my hatred aside and see why Hall gets the Hart. He is just a few points short of Giroux, and has way less help.

Hall has 93 points

Hall has 39 goals

That's pretty crazy.

I have no problem with Hall or MacKinnon winning it over Giroux. I do have a problem with a guy like McDavid getting more votes though, and you just know that he will. Giroux will probably finish outside the top 5 in votes. It's a popularity contest.

Without bias, if I were voting today I would have it..

1 - MacKinnon
2 - Hall
3 - Giroux
4 - Kopitar
5 - Kucherov

Reactions: Tripod

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

Hall has 93 points

Hall has 39 goals

That's pretty crazy.

Yeah, if you subscribe the 'most valuable to his team' theory, Hall should win this by a landslide. As hard as it is to believe, he carries the Devils even more than G carries the Flyers.

Cekmate

Nov 4, 2013
North Philadelphia
Giroux shouldn't get Hart, he's carried by Couturier. Couturier shouldn't get Selke, he's carried by Giroux. Feels a lot like the NFL playoffs when people were acting like Doug wasn't a good coach, Howie wasn't a good GM, and Foles wasn't a good QB (this is before the super bowl win).

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Giroux shouldn't get Hart, he's carried by Couturier. Couturier shouldn't get Selke, he's carried by Giroux. Feels a lot like the NFL playoffs when people were acting like Doug wasn't a good coach, Howie wasn't a good GM, and Foles wasn't a good QB (this is before the super bowl win).

Come on man Foles got lucky. I mean how else does a team beat the greatest qb/coach/dynasty ever in a game where the pats did not punt, Put up the most yards in a game ever and tied in the turnover battle... Just pure dumb old luck .

:sarcasm:

Giroux i feel is going to get an award this year, maybe lady byng or Messier leadership award. maybe both

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
Its a clear bias. The NHL is not stingy with assists, but now because it tapped an opposing players stick that is enough possession to be unasissted? Horseshit.

Reactions: Ruck Over
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad