Status
Not open for further replies.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
Stephen Burtch
@SteveBurtch
Here is my serious analysis of what changed for Giroux this season - he moved to W and Couturier moved onto his line and he magically produced the best defensive results of his career. Weird that when the regular Selke candidate becomes your C your defense improves.

Stephen Burtch @SteveBurtch
16h
Suddenly he had massive help defending (which he was increasingly ineffective at) as a top line C... Voila...he looked good again.
who's that

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
There's a lot of truth in that, Giroux at center turning 30 was smaller and slower than a lot of guys he'd have to cover, and that takes a physical toll.
At LW, he doesn't have to cover as much ground and can use anticipation and experience to be in the right place and conserve energy.
Less energy expended on defense meant more zip in the legs on offense.

Instead of having to cover for the Hartnells and Voraceks of this world, he had Couts able to cover for him.

Last edited:

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
Wow, I just realized that G is 2nd in points with Kane in this decade! UNREAL!
And 6th in G/GP (I really thought that he is worse in that) and 1st in assists of course.

If G will play in another SCF at least, he will be third best Flyer of all-time for me (after Clarke and Parent), if not he will be in tier with Lindros, Propp, Hextall and Howe.

And if he will win SC with us, he will be in tier with Clarkie and Parent for me! Oh, I really hope in this!

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
A diddy about Captain Claude from the Athletic. Positive pub parade proceed.

Claude Giroux's career-best season is getting some...

"It's hard to imagine where the Philadelphia Flyers would be this season without Claude Giroux. The team is inches away from securing a spot in the postseason, which would mark their third playoff trip in the last six seasons should everything fall into place in the final week of the 2017-18 season. With three games to go, the Flyers' magic number is three, with their most direct route to the postseason being by earning three standings points in any combination across this last week. They can also be helped by losses of any form from the Florida Panthers, the ninth-place Eastern Conference team." By Mary Clarke Apr 3, 2018

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Stephen Burtch
@SteveBurtch
Here is my serious analysis of what changed for Giroux this season - he moved to W and Couturier moved onto his line and he magically produced the best defensive results of his career. Weird that when the regular Selke candidate becomes your C your defense improves.

16h
Suddenly he had massive help defending (which he was increasingly ineffective at) as a top line C... Voila...he looked good again.
You’re on the wrong account Norm. :laugh:

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Stephen Burtch
@SteveBurtch

16h

for a guy who is a hockey analytics writer, failing to backup your statements with actual data is a tell tale sign of bias.

giroux scored over 30 more points this year because coots is good at d. makes sense.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
LeClair didn't blossom until he played with Lindros; he was a 19-goal scorer at a time when that was basically 3rd-line production. I mean the whole reason Montreal traded him was because they needed a scoring winger. He was 25, and that's kind of a late age to develop a scoring touch.

He was terrific and made the most of his opportunity but there's no way he's a 50-goal scorer/Olympic star etc. on another team.

Also, I'll always hold it against him for scoring 0 goals in 13 games in the ECF vs. the Devils. Three of those losses were by 1 goal. If he has any kind of production in those games, the entire histories of two franchises are totally different.

Reactions: Ruck Over

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
LeClair didn't blossom until he played with Lindros; he was a 19-goal scorer at a time when that was basically 3rd-line production. I mean the whole reason Montreal traded him was because they needed a scoring winger. He was 25, and that's kind of a late age to develop a scoring touch.

He was terrific and made the most of his opportunity but there's no way he's a 50-goal scorer/Olympic star etc. on another team.

Also, I'll always hold it against him for scoring 0 goals in 13 games in the ECF vs. the Devils. Three of those losses were by 1 goal. If he has any kind of production in those games, the entire histories of two franchises are totally different.

Amen. Dissappearing act of 2000 can’t be forgotten. If we had just not traded brind’amour. :(

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I posted this in the Misc thread, but William Karlsson turned 25 this season and has 75 points. His previous best season total was 25.

How long would the thread be on here if we lost a player to Vegas who scored 40 goals. :scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad