Claude Giroux: "Reasons to be Cheerful Part III"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
He has ****ed himself over, had he been more selective in the first place he might still be getting semi decent movies, but no one really wants to cast him anymore for higher budget stuff because his name might be more of a detriment now.

If he dissapeared for like 8 years he could probably pull of a return to prominence

Reactions: The Rage Kage

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Giroux ties career high with 93 points. 27 goals, 1 short of career high. Needs a few multi-point games to hit 100.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
30 goals 100 points would be superb. It would be one of the best seasons by a Flyers forward ever.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
30 goals 100 points would be superb. It would be one of the best seasons by a Flyers forward ever.
Its useless thinking about it but its really too bad he got injured in 2011-12, he could have been looking at two 100 point seasons, which would be pretty incredible for his career.

I just hope he can get there this year.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Peggy Sue Got Married, Raising Arizona, Moonstruck, Leaving Las Vegas, Red Rock West, Wild at Heart, Adaptation (plays twins!), Bringing Out the Dead, Matchstick Men, Bad Lieutenant, so on......

The Nic Cage of this decade is a caricature who acts in cheap fast food slop to get paychecks. Though he is still reasonably entertaining in the dreck. But the man is/was a terrific and offbeat character actor and has definitely been in a lot of artful, more delicate and thoughtful movies, like the above, before he cariacatured himself. Directors like Coens, Lynch, Scorsese, Herzog, Kaufman, Ridley Scott, etc. He’d balance it out with fun action movies, which were sometimes solid if B-movie variety, but he has an underrated filmography with great performances. Highly recommend people watch a handful of those too.

Vampires Kiss

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Looking at it, this season by Giroux is almost certainly better than Recchi's 123-point season. Rex did have 53 goals, but he was only 10th in the league in scoring, 37 behind Lemieux. 14 players had 50 goals in 1992-93, including Selanne (a rookie) and Mogilny with 76. Teams averaged 3.63 goals per game that year compared to 2.98 this year.

Giroux is tied for 3rd (8 behind McDavid) and leads the league in assists.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
This is probably the best season I've seen from a Flyer forward since Lindros and LeClair both had ridiculous seasons in '97 on the way to their Cup run. League scoring was about the same that year and while Lindros was probably better that season than Giroux has been, there's something to be said about staying healthy for an entire season which Lindros did not. LeClair scored 50 that year (2 back from Tkachuk) and put up 97 points which was good for 4th in the NHL. It's been a fun ride and I'm glad G has shut up the haters.

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
This is definitely the most I have cheered for an individual Flyer's results. Mostly because it seems like the average (non-Flyers) fan had written him off.

100pts would be fantastic. Even better if he could do it and finish 2nd or 3rd overall.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
This is definitely the most I have cheered for an individual Flyer's results. Mostly because it seems like the average (non-Flyers) fan had written him off.

100pts would be fantastic. Even better if he could do it and finish 2nd or 3rd overall.
I'm personally rooting more for him to hit 30 goals than 100 points. I'm tired of hearing about how he's never hit 30 and I actually do think it would hurt his chances at the HoF. 100 points would be incredible though considering how rare that feat has been over the last decade or so.

Last edited:

Pinball Wizard

Nov 22, 2017
Stephen Burtch
@SteveBurtch
Here is my serious analysis of what changed for Giroux this season - he moved to W and Couturier moved onto his line and he magically produced the best defensive results of his career. Weird that when the regular Selke candidate becomes your C your defense improves.

Stephen Burtch @SteveBurtch
16h
Suddenly he had massive help defending (which he was increasingly ineffective at) as a top line C... Voila...he looked good again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad