5v5 P% - .36%
5v5 G% - .13%
ES P% - .34%
ES G% - .13%
PP P% - .65%
PP G% - .15%
AS P% - .41%
AS G% - .13%

The Flyers & Devils are roughly about the same in most goal scoring metrics.

Just to make it a little easier to compare:

GirouxHall
5v5 P%.36%.29%
5v5 G%.13%.13%
ES P%.34%.31%
ES G%.13%.14%
PP P%.65%.69%
PP G%.15%.24%
AS P%.41%.39%
AS G%.13%.16%
DPPG 189 122
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
99 points now huh. Honestly I'm more excited about seeing him try to pick up 100 then I am about us winning to get in as eighth seed and bounced by Boston.

I sadly hear you... The thing is, as I see it, if the Flyers do make the PostSeason, barring anther lightening in a bottle occurrence ala 2010, the Flyers go no further... but Giroux reaching the century mark in Points... after being all but left for dead on the downward side of his career... is a joyous way to go into the OffSeason.

On the other hand... the shame of blowing a sure P.O. Seeding -- ~97% Chance -- woud be an embarrassment... however, while forever remembered, it will eventually become a trivia factoid... Giroux adding such a great achievement would be a lasting part of a proud Flyers legacy.

Short of an overacheiving long run, the 100 Points will be my greatest desire... but I can safely say that my greatest joy as I sit in my seat at the end of the Season would be witnessing Giroux score his 100th Point while helping the Flyers defeat the Rags and possibly leapfrogging both the Debbies and Jackers into 3rd place and a point out of 2nd... That would be a grand consolation prize and a good stepping stone into the future filled with hope.

Reactions: patrick kitchin

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
It's really disheartening that his peak coincided with one of the worst stretches in franchise history. On the other hand if it wasn't for him those years would be totally unbearable.

Or maybe my opinion is just plain wrong. After all it's not his name that gets the most praise during broadcasts.
In a sad voice: macdonald4mvp

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Is it possible that Giroux somehow wins the Lady Byng?

i actually think he gets it. I don't think he will get hart, but i have a feeling he gets lady byng and maybe the messier leadership award. it will be a good way to recognize a guy without giving him the hart.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
i actually think he gets it. I don't think he will get hart, but i have a feeling he gets lady byng and maybe the messier leadership award. it will be a good way to recognize a guy without giving him the hart.

Welp... I suppose if the Eagles could win the SuperBowl, a Flyer could we in the Lady Byng... but I seriously doubt it. Haha

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
I was thinking about this. Imagine if Snider had a flyer win the lady byng. he would trade him. Maybe giroux should get in a fight last game of the year to ensure that would never happen.

LOL... I thought about Mr. Snider rolling over in his grave... but thought it might not be proper to post it at this time... but since you brought it up...............

Dear Lord, how I still miss him... I've worn his memorial tee shirt under my jersey to every game I've attended since he died... to have him there in spirit.

Reactions: Tripod

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I feel like Lavy calling him the best player in the world really hurt his reputation. It's like it really offended the sensibilities of a lot of the hockey world; I've seen beats from other cities mocking Giroux about that comment in the years since.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I feel like Lavy calling him the best player in the world really hurt his reputation. It's like it really offended the sensibilities of a lot of the hockey world; I've seen beats from other cities mocking Giroux about that comment in the years since.

The nhl journalists have there favorites, and they tend to be good old canadian boys. Giroux has never been in that crowd. For whatever reason, he has been an outcast. Put on the world cup team... doesn't play. Gets nominated for a hart.. not good enough for team Canada. Such little discussion about him as a hart trophy candidate this year. No mention of his decade of dominance.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
The nhl journalists have there favorites, and they tend to be good old canadian boys. Giroux has never been in that crowd. For whatever reason, he has been an outcast. Put on the world cup team... doesn't play. Gets nominated for a hart.. not good enough for team Canada. Such little discussion about him as a hart trophy candidate this year. No mention of his decade of dominance.
It's not surprising. Hockey Canada runs their operation on pettiness and childish games and you can see it extend into te NHL.

Reactions: Rebels57

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec

Yeah, that reminds me of Martin St-Louis being snubbed by team Canada in 2010 despite being 6th in the NHL in points... and almost snubbed again in 2014. There are some players the league and team Canada think are less marketable. I've always hated Hockey Canada for many reasons. There's also that recent story where their junior team forbid Julien Gauthier and other francophones players to speak french together, while it's an official language. Always that kind of crap with Hockey Canada. And in the NHL too. You can go back to1955 when a ref jumped on Maurice Richard to give a pretext to suspend him so that he doesn't win the Art Ross...

Not saying they hate every french-canadian players (for instance they seem to love Bergeron, they also loved Brodeur, Beliveau and plenty of others) but they do hate some of them. The same could be said of Russians. They choose some they like, and hate the others, calling them selfish and lazy and all that stuff.

Might also have something to do with the fact that Giroux wasn't an advertised top pick since draft day like Crosby, Tavares or Toews, but rather a random 22nd pick whose name was forgotten. They had no marketting plan for him. I don't know.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jtown

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Taylor Hall:
5v5 P% - .29%
5v5 G% - .13%
ES P% - .31%
ES G% - .14%
PP P% - .69%
PP G% - .24%
AS P% - .39%
AS G% - .16%

Claude Giroux:
5v5 P% - .36%
5v5 G% - .13%
ES P% - .34%
ES G% - .13%
PP P% - .65%
PP G% - .15%
AS P% - .41%
AS G% - .13%

The Flyers & Devils are roughly about the same in most goal scoring metrics.

That's what I'm talking about. **** you, Taylor Hall.

giphy.gif

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
The Flyers had quite the goalie circus and a 10 game losing streak this year so I don't really see how Taylor Hall is more deserving. Giroux elevated Couturier's game so he could hit 74 points. Giroux also won a ton of faceoffs but I'm sure that'll just go over looked as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->