Confirmed with Link: Claude Canned, All Clode Discussion here

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
My thoughts exactly! Without TT , Clode would have been here for 0 Stanley Cups!

So Tim Thomas outscored the Canucks 28-8? He lost every game by 1 goal, he won in blowouts in every other. Tim Thomas had a lot to do with that win, but so was a stifling defensive scheme that kept shots to the perimeter, cleared out any chances from the crease, and allowed a talented group of forwards to come back on defense while waiting to pounce on any mistakes. That was as big a team effort as any Cup win I've seen, and in my not so humble opinion, could not have been done without Claude Julien as coach.

Saying it was all TT is simplistic nonsense spouted off by people who know nothing about hockey aside from looking at stats. YMMV.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
agree CJ has always been about spreading his players to every line and if it was 100% up to him I am fairly sure Backes would have been the 3rd line center all year. I think he was told to stack the top two lines and try to up the offense by the front office going away from the type of set up we have seen over his last 10 years here.

One of Sweeney's comments during the presser was that it was not his job to interfere with Clode's coaching and personnel decisions.

If Backes was at wing, it was because Clode wanted him there.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
How many years ago was that ?

It does not matter who the coach is.The talent on the roster in not good enough Kevin Miller's on defence and Schaller, Hayes, Nash Beleskeys on forward It's a team not being run right And all these so called prospects they have Till I see them performing for Bruins they never made it yet either Sweeney is vulnerable now.His moves better be tight from here on in.Tight meaning solid

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
Huh? I honestly don't think there is a single poster here that has stated anything even remotely close to this. Please provide quotes from these "many posters."

Really? Simply go back and read the trade proposal threads and the Sweeney GM thread. You'll find many posts over the past year or two demanding a trade of picks, prospects in order to win now because the core isn't getting any younger. I understand people wanting Sweeney to improve the team, and that should be his objective, but at what cost - not just in any trade of assets but long term both in cap and players on the farm. If done impulsively the team could be back where it was after 2013 cap hell and nothing in the pipeline.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
One of Sweeney's comments during the presser was that it was not his job to interfere with Clode's coaching and personnel decisions.

oh my bad didn't know that i was supposed to believe every word out of Sweeney's mouth as 100% truth.

Can't believe the PR department made him have that press conference during the parade and he had nothing to do with it. He said that too. I mean he is only the GM who is he to tell the PR department when he should have a press conference.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

Backes said he wasn't comfortable at C in Claude's system yet. It wasn't Sweeney. It was Backes, if you take him at face value.

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
I liked what he said as well. I like his long term goals, he just needs to stop trying to do both. I truly think he gave Claude mostly the team he wanted by signing Backes, Nash, Moore, and K Miller. These are definitely a better forward defensive group than the previous year. I think Sweeney basically said do it your way but if I feel its not working then I have to make a change. They hit a ceiling that seems consistent the last three years and now the change is coming.

Lol cmon you think he signs who Claude wants. Do you think Claude said get rid of Loui who I play as much or more than any forward on the team. Trust me Claude would've kept Loui over swapping him and Backes Your guys arguments get totally squashed with who he signs in the summer . However you guys like to play make believe Claude runs everything. I cant wait to here how Sweeney who some so called experts on here not you though said he hates Cassidy has made him assistant coach followed by head coach. I am sure I will hear after he fires him how he planned this for two years.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I liked what he said as well. I like his long term goals, he just needs to stop trying to do both. I truly think he gave Claude mostly the team he wanted by signing Backes, Nash, Moore, and K Miller. These are definitely a better forward defensive group than the previous year. I think Sweeney basically said do it your way but if I feel its not working then I have to make a change. They hit a ceiling that seems consistent the last three years and now the change is coming.

I don't think that's accurate.

"I’m going to stick to the longer term view that I’ve put in place, with the intention of being able to bridge, bringing in players like a David Backes, to surround our guys so we get a chance to win and be competitive now."

If Julien was the driving force behind bringing in those players then why, after firing him, would Sweeney be defending those moves and declaring his intent to keep brining in Backes/Beleskey/Nash types?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
oh my bad didn't know that i was supposed to believe every word out of Sweeney's mouth as 100% truth.

Can't believe the PR department made him have that press conference during the parade and he had nothing to do with it. He said that too. I mean he is only the GM who is he to tell the PR department when he should have a press conference.

Believe what you want.

Ask any GM in the league and they will say that's the coach's responsibility.

They must all be lying so that it fits your premise?

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Marchand had done his job, it is the passengers on this team that have done nothing.

Bergeron Marchand Pasta 58 goals
All other forwards 65 goals

When one line is half your offense for all the forwards you know you have a problem.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I totally agree with you on Backes but its funny how when it is sweeneys decision you guys can flip flop.

Flip flop about what?

Sweeney has said since Day 1 he's about rebuilding through the draft and integrating youth. Some of the signings that have been made clash with this to an extent, which is strange. I am speculating that the pressure to win now comes from above, but in the end the responsibility is Sweeney's.

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
claudekfc.png

Best coach the bruins ever had

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
He did? I wasn't at practice but I thought Cassidy said in the interview that Backes played wing today.

I thought I seen the lines posted earlier.

Then I read all the forwards wore the same colour sweaters so maybe what I read was incorrect.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
GloryDaze has taken over for Dan as Bruins minster of propaganda. I don't think I can get him a job with the KGB with me, the budget has been cut.

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site
Lol cmon you think he signs who Claude wants. Do you think Claude said get rid of Loui who I play as much or more than any forward on the team. Trust me Claude would've kept Loui over swapping him and Backes Your guys arguments get totally squashed with who he signs in the summer . However you guys like to play make believe Claude runs everything. I cant wait to here how Sweeney who some so called experts on here not you though said he hates Cassidy has made him assistant coach followed by head coach. I am sure I will hear after he fires him how he planned this for two years.

I don't believe a word from anyone on here who think they are "insiders". I do like reading the theories of the fans though which keeps me coming back.

I do hope that the GM and coach are on the same page with the roster. If they aren't working together this org is in big trouble. I feel like Don and Julien were somewhat at odds on the direction, but out of respect they tried to make it work, but in the end it seems like they couldn't just agree with each other and it was frustrating for both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad