Confirmed with Link: Claude Canned, All Clode Discussion here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Maybe I'm alone here but I'm excited to see what/ if any changes we see here going forward. I'd like to see Spooner play out the season at center without looking over his shoulder wondering if he'll be benched. Maybe we see more of Morrow, some youth in the bottom six in place of Nash Hayes etc.

Hopefully this serves as a boot to some veterans rear ends, specifically David Krejci. That line needs to get going

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
What a cowardly move on a day when everyone is looking in another direction. Not that the average Boston sports fan cares anymore, I get this.

Just a joke.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
I don't understand. How does bringing in one player through free agency go against building through the draft? Did we trade a pick to get Backes? Is he a 4th line plug blocking out players? We can't improve the current roster and still draft and develop?

It does not have to be one or the other. Having guys like Backes/Bergy/Chara/Krejci around to mentor young kids is only going to help their development.

Which Don S. touched on in the presser, almost word for word.

We all know it's hard to do, but clearly they are trying to remain competitive while keeping an eye toward the future.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Definitely torn.

My first reaction is sadness, for sure. Clode is a legendary coach, who when given what he needs can take a team home. No matter where the Bruins go full time after this it's a quality step down...

Thank you Clode for being a critical part in making all our dreams come true...I'm sure you'll be in STL in hours...

But, it's clear this team tuned him out...for years. Yes, they have flaws, but they put themselves in position for success many nights and many years, only to totally fold...it might very well be time for a fresh start/new era.

Can't imagine Cassidy is going to the guy to completely take the reigns off this season. That would be their only small shot...let guys who have been living under the tight grasp of Clode just go all out...

As many have said, I think this signals a futile playoff push. Can't say I'm surprised...The thought DSs job is on the line is a solid bet.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
I never said it was ALL Timmy Thomas! We had the same system and the same players for 2 yrs after the cup with nothing to show for it! Oh I forgot , no Timmy! I never look at stats, I base my opinion on what I see on the ice and the last few years was not impressed with system CJ was running. If you like Clodes system then power to you but I don't!
If you look at what Babcock is doing with a team full of rookies then you would see there are better systems and coaches out there.

You don't have to defend yourself. The Bruins would not have made it to the Cup if they had any other goalie.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I don't understand. How does bringing in one player through free agency go against building through the draft? Did we trade a pick to get Backes? Is he a 4th line plug blocking out players? We can't improve the current roster and still draft and develop?

It does not have to be one or the other. Having guys like Backes/Bergy/Chara/Krejci around to mentor young kids is only going to help their development.

It's a waste of cap space on a team not ready to contend and needing defence more then an over paid forward .If it's jus a 2 yr deal it might be OK but it's 6.Handcuff move and quite honestly reaks of panic of hoping to sneak into playoffs this year Just my take

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I never said it was ALL Timmy Thomas! We had the same system and the same players for 2 yrs after the cup with nothing to show for it! Oh I forgot , no Timmy! I never look at stats, I base my opinion on what I see on the ice and the last few years was not impressed with system CJ was running. If you like Clodes system then power to you but I don't!
If you look at what Babcock is doing with a team full of rookies then you would see there are better systems and coaches out there.

You stated that without Tim Thomas, Claude has 0 Cups. If that isn't saying it was all Tim Thomas, I don't know what is.

And by the way, all of Tuukka's numbers in 2013, except for final scores, were better than Thomas's.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I'm working through the grieving process.

Because I'm not a fan of the league/sport, I'll never love the Celtics, nor will I ever hate them.
I have "liked" them at various times, but have been mostly indifferent over the years.

I love hockey, but I hate the Boston Bruins organization right now.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
You don't have to defend yourself. The Bruins would not have made it to the Cup if they had any other goalie.

They made it to the finals in 2013 with Tuukka, and he had better numbers than Thomas. But don't let facts cloud an agenda.

Last edited:

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
At least it's a change.......it finally gives us a potential '3rd line' that can score.

Cassidy talked about secondary scoring.

I don't know how you accomplish that unless you decide to spread out the talent over 3 lines. It's been proven the load up 2 lines approach they've tried all season isn't working.

He also mentioned getting the D more involved. But does he have the personnel.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
They made it to the finals is 2013 with Tuukka, and he had better numbers than Thomas. But don't let facts cloud an agenda.

I can't have a discussion with somebody when they just bring up an "agenda" when the other person doesn't agree with them. Also, when somebody uses a team 2 years apart and calls it a fact.

FROMSHORETOCHARA

Jul 2, 2009
Believe what you want.

Ask any GM in the league and they will say that's the coach's responsibility.

They must all be lying so that it fits your premise?

Thanks so much for speaking on behalf of the leagues general managers, polling them must have been a lot of work. Reminds me of Baghdad bob speaking for the regime.

Hey, since you have the ear of leagues gms could you anonomously ask them to rate don Sweeney and cam Neely on a scale of 1-10? My guess is once they stop laughing it comes in around .03.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I can't have a discussion with somebody when they just bring up an "agenda" when the other person doesn't agree with them. Also, when somebody uses a team 2 years apart and calls it a fact.

I accept the fact you have no argument.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Yes. I'm embarrassed for them, too.

I'm more embarrassed than angry.

Maybe it's just me, but in particular up in Canada, is there any franchise that the media/hockey experts snicker and poke fun at like the Bruins. Seems like a lot of that going on AGAIN today.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
I accept the fact you have no argument.

You're in denial if you don't think the #1 reason why the Bruins won the Cup was due to Thomas. But your arguments hold no substance so I won't bother. Now reply to this comment with another "See, I told you so."

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
I'm more embarrassed than angry.

Maybe it's just me, but in particular up in Canada, is there any franchise that the media/hockey experts snicker and poke fun at like the Bruins. Seems like a lot of that going on AGAIN today.

It's been happening since the S*guin trade. More so since Sweeney took over though. People also don't like Boston so that doesn't help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad