Confirmed with Link: Claude Canned, All Clode Discussion here

Status
Not open for further replies.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Really? Simply go back and read the trade proposal threads and the Sweeney GM thread. You'll find many posts over the past year or two demanding a trade of picks, prospects in order to win now because the core isn't getting any younger. I understand people wanting Sweeney to improve the team, and that should be his objective, but at what cost - not just in any trade of assets but long term both in cap and players on the farm. done impulsively the team could be back where it was after 2013 cap hell and nothing in the pipeline.

Bringing in Dave Backes at 6years 6 mil goes against the build through draft talk.This GM is doing things totally opposite of one direction.If it's build through draft then fine.If you want to trade picks and go for it fine.But pick a darn direction.

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
Flip flop about what?

Sweeney has said since Day 1 he's about rebuilding through the draft and integrating youth. Some of the signings that have been made clash with this to an extent, which is strange. I am speculating that the pressure to win now comes from above, but in the end the responsibility is Sweeney's.

Flip flop on saying all last season he wants to sit miller than he re-signs him in the summer to four years I believe .

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
Flip flop about what?

Sweeney has said since Day 1 he's about rebuilding through the draft and integrating youth. Some of the signings that have been made clash with this to an extent, which is strange. I am speculating that the pressure to win now comes from above, but in the end the responsibility is Sweeney's.

If Claude was the right guy in the summer than he still is. This team has not underperformed considering they have not fixed the defense . I am fine with Sweeney being patient and I agree with it . You guys can get all the puck movement on the defense you want but if you don't find some guys who can actually at least play defense we are not very good.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
If true awful. I had read center as well.

I thought I saw Spooner - Backes - Belesky.

But that could of easily been Belesky - Spooner - Backes, given that it's probably unlikely Belesky was being asked to play his off-wing.

MtlBoxFan

Jun 19, 2014
Where was Charlie?

Probably behind the curtain pulling levers.

Saying that it wasn't held during the parade on purpose, while the president of the damned club is not present because he's at the parade says a lot.

I'm not a Neely fan. I don't actually think he has much input on the product and I think he's more of a figurehead that is enjoying the company car and paid lunches at this point.

He's just keeping a low profile while the day to day operations are handled by Charlie and Don.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Why? You want to listen to him? Sweeneys job to do this. He's the GM.

Forget Charlie. If we never see or hear from him again I could care less.

Neely should of been there to answer questions. Unless he was upstairs tendering his resignation, a shameful no-show.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Belesky-Spooner-Backes

If true, that could potentially get Spooner going again without having to be benched in the 3rd.

I take it Pasta moved to DK wing?

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Bringing in Dave Backes at 6years 6 mil goes against the build through draft talk.This GM is doing things totally opposite of one direction.If it's build through draft then fine.If you want to trade picks and go for it fine.But pick a darn direction.

I don't understand. How does bringing in one player through free agency go against building through the draft? Did we trade a pick to get Backes? Is he a 4th line plug blocking out players? We can't improve the current roster and still draft and develop?

It does not have to be one or the other. Having guys like Backes/Bergy/Chara/Krejci around to mentor young kids is only going to help their development.

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
So Tim Thomas outscored the Canucks 28-8? He lost every game by 1 goal, he won in blowouts in every other. Tim Thomas had a lot to do with that win, but so was a stifling defensive scheme that kept shots to the perimeter, cleared out any chances from the crease, and allowed a talented group of forwards to come back on defense while waiting to pounce on any mistakes. That was as big a team effort as any Cup win I've seen, and in my not so humble opinion, could not have been done without Claude Julien as coach.

Saying it was all TT is simplistic nonsense spouted off by people who know nothing about hockey aside from looking at stats. YMMV.

I never said it was ALL Timmy Thomas! We had the same system and the same players for 2 yrs after the cup with nothing to show for it! Oh I forgot , no Timmy! I never look at stats, I base my opinion on what I see on the ice and the last few years was not impressed with system CJ was running. If you like Clodes system then power to you but I don't!
If you look at what Babcock is doing with a team full of rookies then you would see there are better systems and coaches out there.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Belesky-Spooner-Backes

If true, that could potentially get Spooner going again without having to be benched in the 3rd.

I take it Pasta moved to DK wing?

I thought I read Cehlarik - Krejci - Pastrnak

Along with Marchand - Bergeron - Vatrano

And Schaller - Moore - Hayes with Nash subbing in.

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
I doubt that Clode told Sweeney "We lack leadership".

He should have because the only leadership I've seen on this team this year is when Bergeron lost his mind on the bench the other night!

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Lots of complaints about the quality of the shots this team gets,or the quantity of shots from the point. Cassidy pointedly spoke about moving the offense closer to the net,emphasizing the half wall and behind the net puck movement.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Lots of complaints about the quality of the shots this team gets,or the quantity of shots from the point. Cassidy pointedly spoke about moving the offense closer to the net,emphasizing the half wall and behind the net puck movement.

Let's hope it actually happens.

While we get a ton of shots each game...they aren't high quality chances.

Does anyone know who played the points on the PP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->